Louise Brealey News

Carol the Dabbler

...  frantically refreshing for the Fox upfront.

:wtf: does that even mean? :D

All the major networks have what they call upfronts in NYC this week.  Today Fox had theirs.  So they drag in stars from their shows, announce what their lineup is going to be, invite media/advertising people all in the hopes of talking up their shows/lineup to sell advertising slots.  So with X-Files coming back, David and Gillian were going to appear at the Fox upfront with Chris Carter.  So of course I lost my mind and spent most of my day refreshing waiting for info/news on Tumblr and Twitter...

Ah. Thank you, it is all perfectly clear to me now... fandom has finally driven you nutz!!! :lol5: Welcome to my world .....

• Like 3

Well. That certainly looks .... grim ....

More or less grim than the short she was in?  Trying to determine if I want to hit play on the video...

Sorry, I was never able to get that to play, or something ... anyway, I haven't seen it so I can't compare. But this is a dystopian/horror movie sort of grim, from all appearances. Not grotesque, just a downer.

I really, really want to see Constellations.  I hope National Theatre Live or someone makes it available to watch here...

• Like 1

A nice article about her from the London Evening Standard

I loved this part:

She adores working with Cumberbatch (“he has a technical brilliance that you then entirely forget when you’re seeing his work”) and says watching Freeman is an inspiration: “The man’s a robot, but in the most brilliant way. He’s so precise: everything is thought through.”

• Like 2

Does anyone else find this photo (from the article J.P. linked to) the least bit odd?

36LouiseBrealey3103CC.jpg

I would swear they're in character -- but ....

• Like 1

Does anyone else find this photo (from the article J.P. linked to) the least bit odd?

36LouiseBrealey3103CC.jpg

I would swear they're in character -- but ....

I would say - they are in costumes and on the set (and Ben even looks like Sherlock here). But the goofing around is definitely "behind the scenes". :D

• Like 2

I don't find that photo all that odd... looks like them just goofing around on set.

I mean, I wish it could make all my shippy dreams come true about Sherlock and Molly, but nooo....

• Like 1

But, as J.P. concurs, that's not BC's goofy grin, it's Sherlock's.  And LB seems to have her "Molly" face on, as well.  While he's got his arms around her.  :blink:

• Like 1

And she's got that vein popping out in the middle of her forehead, so that means she was probably laughing pretty hard.

Maybe it was taken right before or right after a take when they were just being goofy but trying to be in character.

I dunno that I've ever thought that was in character... I'm pretty sure Molly would have a heart attack if Sherlock hugged/held her like that.  lol

• Like 1

That's the day they were filming Molly helping Sherlock interview clients in TEH.  They were just goofing around behind the scenes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the hostess referred to Molly twice as a "pathologist" -- wonder if that was just her own impression, or if she asked Ms. Brealey what Molly's job description was, or what?