Benedict Cumberbatch as "Doctor Strange"

sfmpco

Fantastic location. Saw a picture earlier of what I assume was an outdoor market, it looked so cool. Wonder if we'll get to see some shots of the countryside when the movie comes out.

Well, apparently we have a first photo of filming in Nepal. A bit blurry and unofficial, dunno if it's credible...

https://twitter.com/Anythingbatch/status/661953973478432768

ETA: I so not wait for this one... To me it feels like a hurdle on the way to S4.

Ben's schedule is just crazy. I mean - NEPAL! in OCTOBER! while there is still black confetti sticking to Barbican's carpets. shakehead.gif

Touchwood! :)

It must be great to have precious little time for a break from doing something you love...makes me wish I were him :D

Hmmmm.... that beard. Is he Stephen Strange, or Phillip Anderson? Or is he ... Jack the Ripper? (screech screech screech)

Well, I imagine it's much less common to see anyone filming in Nepal, for one thing.

They were filming a Tarzan movie once when we lived in Thailand, it drew a massive crowd ... at least half of whom had no idea what was being filmed. They just saw the movie cameras, which was really rare, and wanted to see what was going on.

I hope BC got to enjoy a little of the culture while he was there. It seems a shame to go to such places and not get to experience it a little.

• 2 weeks later...

I spotted this here and am willing to be it's his Dr. Strange hair. Either that, or raising a child has already taken its toll... :p

8b8HkhZ.jpg

(No idea where it's from originally...is there a promo piece we've missed?)

• Like 2

Oh. Methinks you are correct. :blush: I was wondering why he was wearing Sherlock's scarf......

• 3 weeks later...

I take it that's the same Butt-Numb-A-Thon that was mentioned (took me a moment to place it) in one of the featurettes on the extended "Battle of the Five Armies" DVD?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if those are official? BC definitely has the right look for Strange.

ETA- Okay, apparently they are official. There's a couple more pieces of the concept art and a couple quotes from Benedict, here. And a couple more quotes here.

I'm still worried about all the magic stuff looking cheesy, but I guess if I trust anyone to pull off something like that, it'd be Benedict Cumberbatch. :smile:

I read it religiously back in the late 60's/early 70's, it was very different and very cool, and it sounds like that's the version they're hoping to invoke. (She says with fingers crossed!)

Arcadia -- or anyone else who's already familiar with the character -- does this look like an "origin" story (how Dr. Strange became Dr. Strange)?  And as such, should this movie be understandable for someone like me who had never heard of the character before (other than perhaps a glance at a comic-book cover)?

Oh yes, definitely an origin story. Also, back when I was reading it, he had very little interaction with the rest of the Marvel universe, so I didn't need to know who the rest of those clowns were. :smile: Hopefully they'll keep it that way ... he never fit that well with the others, imo. His plane of existence is just too, er, strange....

• Like 1

Oh yes, definitely an origin story. Also, back when I was reading it, he had very little interaction with the rest of the Marvel universe,..

Sounds like a character I would love and suit him well.

Sigh.. I am tired of the propect of falling in crush with him again.

Oh yes, definitely an origin story. Also, back when I was reading it, he had very little interaction with the rest of the Marvel universe, so I didn't need to know who the rest of those clowns were. :smile: Hopefully they'll keep it that way ... he never fit that well with the others, imo. His plane of existence is just too, er, strange....

Oh, good -- so this movie should be easy enough for me to follow.  (Otherwise, I might have skipped it.)  Figure I'll have more than enough trouble understanding the new Captain America.  Hopefully by the time the Dr. Strange movies get all convoluted (and/or intertwined with the rest of Marvel), I'll be halfway up to speed.