sfmpco

Benedict Cumberbatch as "Doctor Strange"

Yes, 1 more Benedict rumor that has been confirmed (or denied as necessary).  I don't watch much of the superhero movies (saw the 1st 2 X-men movies on tv) but this one I'm thinking about seeing in the theater when it comes out.  May even take my son.

The thing is, it's a multi-picture deal, and it will likely keep him busy into the next decade.

I saw that. It'll be interesting how that works around Sherlock & other stuff that pops up.

And I'll bet he just cut his first (ever) merchandising deal.  Yep.  

• Like 1

And I'll bet he just cut his first (ever) merchandising deal. Yep.

As much as it would be a Dr. Strange action figure. I could see someone in that industry (jokingly or seriously) bringing up the idea of a Benedict the actor action figure that comes with the costumes of his various character portrayals (Sherlock, Khan, & now Dr. Strange, etc).

• Like 2

I don't know, I have misgivings about this one. It could be so easy to make it really silly. Have to wait and see, I guess. Strange was my favorite comic book character back when.

And I'll bet he just cut his first (ever) merchandising deal. Yep.

As much as it would be a Dr. Strange action figure. I could see someone in that industry (jokingly or seriously) bringing up the idea of a Benedict the actor action figure that comes with the costumes of his various character portrayals (Sherlock, Khan, & now Dr. Strange, etc).

I don't know that he could do that.  He would have had to make a merchandising deal per project.  But there will definitely be Dr. Strange action figures and who knows what else.  If he made a sweet merchandising deal, he'll actually probably make more money off of that than what he gets paid for the film(s).  

I realize there would be a lot of licensing headaches for a Benedict action figure as I described. Of course I'm sure there is someone in the Cumbercollective who will (if not already) have drawings (or paper doll idea) of a Benedict action figure that I have described.

I realize there would be a lot of licensing headaches for a Benedict action figure as I described. Of course I'm sure there is someone in the Cumbercollective who will (if not already) have drawings (or paper doll idea) of a Benedict action figure that I have described.

Well there is the gal who makes the cupcake toppers... have you seen those?

Yes I have. Just about every time there's something new regarding Sherlock or Benedict a picture of her toppers shows up in my FB feed.

• Like 1

Yes I have. Just about every time there's something new regarding Sherlock or Benedict a picture of her toppers shows up in my FB feed.

Perhaps one day I will order a Cumberclay, but I'm not sure how well it would survive on the bike!

So my husband tried to inform me of this last night, and I was all "Yeah, I know.  It's on the Sherlock forum."  And then he informed me I had just outed myself as a giant nerd.  lol  

• Like 3

You say that as if it were a bad thing :P.

• Like 3

You say that as if it were a bad thing :P.

Oh, certainly not.   :)

katy-perrynerd.gif

• Like 3

Love that gif.  Totally dorky and perfect for the nerd/geek in all of us.  Can I be upset that I have to wait until 2016 (or very near close to it) for so many good things: Sherlock S4 & special, about 5+ movies that Benedict is in, & Star Wars VII?  How am I supposed to survive the next 12 months?

• Like 1

I don't know exactly when or how this is happening, but I will post if I hear more:

#FlashbackFriday: @DrStrange star Benedict Cumberbatch visits Marvel HQ in 2012 & joins a #ThisWeekinMarvel podcast!

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
Pale text is nearly invisible against the white Mobile or IP.Board background

That'll be interesting.  Something else to look forward to.

This news tidbit showed up today... might be a rumor.  Might not.

http://cumberbatchs-babes.tumblr.com/post/112552731528/the-mcu-report-badass-digest-are-reporting-that

"Spectacular Spider-Man?"  I'm sure that will make a lot more sense when I finish catching up on my Marvel Universe movies, but right now there's every danger that I'm going to accidentally call him Fabulous Spider-Man and picture him with rhinestones all over his little spidey unitard.

• Like 4

This poster was on Twitter yesterday, and some have suggested that the image coming out of the sky with the sun at the back is Dr. Strange... there may be a cameo appearance somewhere in the movie to perhaps help tie in the main movie.

wAxjRa9.jpg

Cape's the wrong color but yeah, could be. I'm still  trying to wrap my head around the idea of James Spader as Ultron. :blink:

Is Joss Whedon directing this one too, IhopeIhopeIhope?

• Like 1