Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology

Shadow Dweller

Ever want to know what kind of online gamer & MMO player you are compared with others? Now this is your chance to find out! :P

THE TEST

Description from wikipedia: Bartle Test

Hm, it said I am an Achiever. Or more specifically:
67% achiever, 47% killer, 47% socializer and 40% explorer.
I wouldn't say I agree 100% since we are talking in percentage here but yeah, it wasn't that wrong either... :smile:

What did you get, Shadow Dweller?

I wouldn't say I agree 100% since we are talking in percentage here but yeah, it wasn't that wrong either... :smile:

80% Killer 47% Explorer 40% Achiever 33% Socializer. As a former Travian-addict, that score is not surprising, lol.

I'm 60% Explorer, but also 53% Socializer, 53% Killer, and 40% Achiever. Pretty accurate. :P

To boldly go where no Role Player ever gone before?  :lol:

• Like 1

80% Killer 47% Explorer 40% Achiever 33% Socializer. As a former Travian-addict, that score is not surprising, lol.

I'm 60% Explorer, but also 53% Socializer, 53% Killer, and 40% Achiever. Pretty accurate. :P

To boldly go where no Role Player ever gone before?  :lol:

To dig deeper into fandoms; explore weird, unusual ships; and, yes, go where no roleplayer has ever gone before! :D

• Like 2

To dig deeper into fandoms; explore weird, unusual ships; and, yes, go where no roleplayer has ever gone before! :D

Toast for the exploration of weird and unusual ships!  :D

I found Mary Morstan / Sherlock Holmes yesterday

• Like 2

I'm 67% socializer, 60% achiever, 53% explorer & 20% killer

• Like 1

Sherry?

Can't be as bad as the one time I found Doctor/Sherlock fanart! (Would that be Doclock Wholmes, I wonder?)

• Like 2

Sherry?

Can't be as bad as the one time I found Doctor/Sherlock fanart! (Would that be Doclock Wholmes, I wonder?)

Point of timeline: Post Reichenbach, only switch John and Sherlock's position

The universe would explode from all the experiments Sherlock conducted!  :D

I'm 67% socializer, 60% achiever, 53% explorer & 20% killer

Achiever, Explorer, Killer, Socializer; we have the complete set here  :D

• Like 1

93% explorer, 60% socializer, 40% achiever, 7% killer here.

Surprised my socializer score is that high, actually - guess two years in a raid guild left their mark :smile:. Otherwise pretty accurate - I'm usually the player that does solo trips into barely known or used areas, and screw the loot, my curiosity must.be.satisfied :lol:.

• Like 1

93% explorer, 60% socializer, 40% achiever, 7% killer here.

Surprised my socializer score is that high, actually - guess two years in a raid guild left their mark :smile:. Otherwise pretty accurate - I'm usually the player that does solo trips into barely known or used areas, and screw the loot, my curiosity must.be.satisfied :lol:.

Remind me to call you should I get into exploration-based game  :applause:

Wonder what will characters in Sherlock get from this test :D

I'll be there :smile:.

Mhhm, Sherlock would be an explorer/achiever, I think, and John a socializer/explorer maybe? Mycroft is tricky ... achiever for sure, but is what he does more socializing or killing?

• Like 1

I'll be there :smile:.

Mhhm, Sherlock would be an explorer/achiever, I think, and John a socializer/explorer maybe? Mycroft is tricky ... achiever for sure, but is what he does more socializing or killing?

Socializing score would be low... killer score might be average to high, occupational hazard lol. Agree about Sherlock would be high Explorer/achiever, but no high Killer score for Sherlock? He likes to match wits with people too .

The Killer motto:

"No enemy left standing!"

Description:

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.

Secondary influences

Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.

Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.

Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

Sounds like Sherlock vs Moriarty or not? ;)

• Like 2

Moriarty's definitely a killer/achiever, true dat :applause:. As for Sherlock, yeah, he's definitely more of a killer than a socializer - the thrill of the chase and all that :smile:.

Moriarty's definitely a killer/achiever, true dat :applause:. As for Sherlock, yeah, he's definitely more of a killer than a socializer - the thrill of the chase and all that :smile:.

Sherlock 'socially-inept' Holmes who only become excited at intellectual stimulation (most of the time)    :D

How about D.I. Lestrade? He is not as extreme as two example above but that exactly what make him rather hard to guess.

Lestrade's tough. Probably a bit of an achiever (you don't get to become D.I. without that, I think) and a touch of socializer, but fairly balanced, overall, I'd say.

• Like 1

Explorer, but I think I may have broken the test...

113% explorer   --  srsly? How is that even possible?

60% socializer 

40% achiever

2% killer  --  I'm amazed it's that high. :smile:

• Like 1

Hahahh. :D

I see most of you are exploring a lot! 

I know you can find all sorts of awesome stuff, but I just always want to get things done, get on with the story - I usually fly through the games. I can't help it.
Also, when I'm watching somebody play and they start just walking around, going to every single corner of every single room of every single building, opening every drawer or what not it just drives me mad, I can't watch them! :blowmytop:
I realize that I miss an awful lot of things - many times very useful things - but I find it boring, a waste of time maybe...
Now I'm thinking if I'm like that in the real life...

Hahahh. :D

I see most of you are exploring a lot! 

I know you can find all sorts of awesome stuff, but I just always want to get things done, get on with the story - I usually fly through the games. I can't help it.

Also, when I'm watching somebody play and they start just walking around, going to every single corner of every single room of every single building, opening every drawer or what not it just drives me mad, I can't watch them! :blowmytop:

I realize that I miss an awful lot of things - many times very useful things - but I find it boring, a waste of time maybe...

Now I'm thinking if I'm like that in the real life...

That reminds me of how Sherlock might play an RPG only he would check stuff, initially, on a calculated guess and just go on with the game and then only check as necessary if it wasn't too random (or he'd quit after awhile in frustration saying the rules were wrong).

• Like 1

Lestrade's tough. Probably a bit of an achiever (you don't get to become D.I. without that, I think) and a touch of socializer, but fairly balanced, overall, I'd say.

Mysterious, perhaps we would see more of his inner values and drives when he's in difficult situation later :D

60% socializer 

40% achiever

Either the coding or they really set the ceiling higher than 100. Yesterday I found that the coding for forum signature we would be presented with after finishing a test is faulty, looks like something that is connected with the database of theirs. You also get more variation in the questions after registering with gamerdna (and thus your result might vary from the free version). Try the FPS Multiplayer Playstyle too if you have the time, it is quite appropriate for Sherlockian-verse :D

John Watson as 007? 

• Like 3

Mysterious, perhaps we would see more of his inner values and drives when he's in difficult situation later :D

60% socializer 

40% achiever

Either the coding or they really set the ceiling higher than 100. Yesterday I found that the coding for forum signature we would be presented with after finishing a test is faulty, looks like something that is connected with the database of theirs. You also get more variation in the questions after registering with gamerdna (and thus your result might vary from the free version). Try the FPS Multiplayer Playstyle too if you have the time, it is quite appropriate for Sherlockian-verse :D

John Watson as 007? 

Took the quiz you linked and got Supporter (which is extremely accurate for me & how I play Lord of The Rings Online) Supporter: 81% Commander: 13% Shock Trooper: 3% Recon: 3%

The Support motto: "Together we stand; divided we fall (Behind every great soldier is great support)"

Description: The lifeblood of your team's Defensive and defensive efforts, you often serve the role of 'Johnny-on-the-spot' with supplies, healing respawn, or preventative defense measures. You're also the sniper protecting a critical resource or location..

I tend to jump right in and fight in LOTRO but with my bow and arrow and from a slight distance unless the enemy comes up to me after the distant attack starts.

Took the quiz you linked and got Supporter (which is extremely accurate for me & how I play Lord of The Rings Online) Supporter: 81% Commander: 13% Shock Trooper: 3% Recon: 3%

The Support motto: "Together we stand; divided we fall (Behind every great soldier is great support)"

Description: The lifeblood of your team's Defensive and defensive efforts, you often serve the role of 'Johnny-on-the-spot' with supplies, healing respawn, or preventative defense measures. You're also the sniper protecting a critical resource or location..

I tend to jump right in and fight in LOTRO but with my bow and arrow and from a slight distance unless the enemy comes up to me after the distant attack starts.

Defenders are the life-savers for attackers in war game and crucial for building the end game :D

In the FPS test I got Shock Trooper. ("Prepare to meet your doom (Damn the torpedoes -- full speed ahead!)")
55% Shock Trooper, 31% Support, 14% Recon and 0% Commander.
The description: 
We don't have to tell you that you are comfortable leading any attack. Bullets and glory my friend. Your intention is to penetrate enemy defenses and attack into the enemy's vulnerable rear areas. Yes... we know how that sounds.
:D Yeah, that is pretty accurate I suppose. I often go "head first", don't think it through and after I fail I start to think. But I'm like that in Singleplayer, too. I'm just running and shooting everybody. My dad calls it "Rambo-style".
I don't mind supporting, but usually, I fail or people don't appreciate it... And I'm really too scared to be a Commander - probably because I'm never the best in the game that I could command others. And let's be frank, they rarely listen. :smile:

• Like 2

Tried the FPS test too (though I hardly ever play them, I've got the reflexes of a drunken sloth), and it pegged me as Commander :blink: (76% Commander, 12% Support, 12% Recon, 0% Shock Trooper). Huh.

Okay, I did some raid leading in EQ2 but I thoroughly hated it and gladly ditched the job after half a year when someone else was ready to take over. Though I admittedly had a lot of fun leading the Saturday fun raids (into old zones or smaller instances). Still, what I enjoyed most in raiding was tanking, and the test seems to disagree here with me :P.

I did get a chuckle out of the Commander motto, "I love it when a plan comes together". Yeah, that's about how well most of "my" raids went, too :lol:.

• Like 2

In the FPS test I got Shock Trooper. ("Prepare to meet your doom (Damn the torpedoes -- full speed ahead!)")

55% Shock Trooper, 31% Support, 14% Recon and 0% Commander.

The description: 

We don't have to tell you that you are comfortable leading any attack. Bullets and glory my friend. Your intention is to penetrate enemy defenses and attack into the enemy's vulnerable rear areas. Yes... we know how that sounds.

:D Yeah, that is pretty accurate I suppose. I often go "head first", don't think it through and after I fail I start to think. But I'm like that in Singleplayer, too. I'm just running and shooting everybody. My dad calls it "Rambo-style".

I don't mind supporting, but usually, I fail or people don't appreciate it... And I'm really too scared to be a Commander - probably because I'm never the best in the game that I could command others. And let's be frank, they rarely listen. :smile:

As long as you don't shoot any Semtex-vest laying around, fire away!  :D

Tried the FPS test too (though I hardly ever play them, I've got the reflexes of a drunken sloth), and it pegged me as Commander :blink: (76% Commander, 12% Support, 12% Recon, 0% Shock Trooper). Huh.

Okay, I did some raid leading in EQ2 but I thoroughly hated it and gladly ditched the job after half a year when someone else was ready to take over. Though I admittedly had a lot of fun leading the Saturday fun raids (into old zones or smaller instances). Still, what I enjoyed most in raiding was tanking, and the test seems to disagree here with me :P.

I did get a chuckle out of the Commander motto, "I love it when a plan comes together". Yeah, that's about how well most of "my" raids went, too :lol:.

The Commander motto:
"I love it when a plan comes together."

Description:
Ever the strategist and a consumate leader, you're the puppeteer behind the scenes, guiding your toy soldiers to victory.

giggle-skype-smiley.gif

Any mention of Commander tends to steer my mind toward Will Riker, and he usually lead the landing party onto unknown ground. Charging ahead like that, he's certainly no puppeteer behind the scene.  :P

• Like 3