Amanda Abbington press

sfmpco

That was a fun article to read.  To get a side of a actress that we've seen on screen and not too much else outside of Sherlock unless you get the British channels.

Oh, I think she's got to be incredibly nice.  Even in one of the cast interview sessions, and they hadn't quite gotten all the questions answered, she invited everyone back to her home.  Of course that never would have happened, but that's the sort she is!

That was a fun article to read.  To get a side of a actress that we've seen on screen and not too much else outside of Sherlock unless you get the British channels.

Alex and I have also seen her in Man Stroke Woman, a British sketch comedy in which she is wonderful.  (We bought the DVD from Amazon, but it's apparently also on YouTube.)

Might have to check that out later as I stay hunkered down in a mild snow storm (small amount of snow, big amount of wind).

If you type

"man stroke woman" abbington

into the YouTube search bar, it'll bring up a bunch of her skits.  They're pretty much all funny, though -- really good ensemble cast.

Will keep that in mind in about 90 Minutes when I'm done watching Taken 2.

I've just watched a few on YouTube, and I think they come across better on the DVD -- maybe because the larger (television) screen enables one to see the facial expressions better -- maybe because seeing multiple skits in rapid succession puts one into the appropriate surrealistic mood -- or maybe because I'm not feeling particularly silly at the moment.

Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Either way it's fun.

Wonder which one's which?  On second thought, pretend I didn't ask that.  People might think we were obsessive or something.

Maybe the one going 'oh' can be Benedict practicing Sherlock's deduction face like the one he did at the fake Vermeer in TGG & the slight frown be Martin practicing one of John's many expressions.

Here's a not-too-old interview with Ms. Abbington (from late December) with some interesting tidbits.

• Like 1

I just think she would be the loveliest person to sit down and have coffee and a chat with.  That's why I can't ever hate Mary Morstan.  I just like Amanda too much.

• Like 2

She is so nice on Twitter.  She retweets all kinds of requests from people (birthday wishes, fundraiser stuff).  She also seems to have a serious dislike of Perez Hilton.  lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Filming starts today in Brighton, so no wonder we haven't heard anything about her being at the convention.

• Like 1

Here's more info on the show itself:

It's intended to run at 8 pm, meaning it will not be graphically violent, though it is intended to be realistic.

The initial run will be eight 60-minute episodes (meaning 60 minutes of actual programming).

• 5 months later...

Amanda Abbington: ‘I don’t want to be a princess’

She’s always had a hankering to play Lady Macbeth, although she’s not clear who she would prefer to play her husband. Freeman’s the obvious candidate, but then there’s Andrew Scott, Sherlock’s Moriarty and a man she admits to being “slightly obsessed” with. She’d love a part in Doctor Who, too, if she can persuade her friend Steven Moffat to cast her.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with some people?????  Death threats on Amanda and Martin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3224759/Sherlock-actress-s-horror-fanatic-posts-death-threats-online.html

• Like 1