Series 4 (and Special) Speculation

T.o.b.y

Han Solo can! :P

Ok, besides Han, George (I'm assuming he knew what he was writing for the Wookie lines), C3PO, and I believe Luke figured out as well.

R2D2! :p

Did R2 actually understand Wookie or was C3PO translating for the Wookie (thinking back to the equivalent of the chess game being played in Ep. 4)?

We're getting truly desperate, aren't we? :P

Of course we are. I tried to stop a :hijacked: and it still happened.

Now to get back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the Sherlock Special not the Star Wars Special from nearly 37 years ago when our beloved Sherlock was a mere 2.5 years old. :)

• Like 1

I wonder if Sherlock has ever seen Star Wars?

• Like 3

I wonder if Sherlock as ever seen Star Wars?

Who knows, maybe his parents made him watch it when he was little, then he read Treasure Island and got hooked on pirates for a bit.

• Like 1

I wonder if Sherlock will have watched the new Star Wars in Season 4?

• Like 1

I'm not a mid and I try to help get it back on topic as fruitless as that is sometimes.

• Like 1

I'm not a mid and I try to help get it back on topic as fruitless as that is sometimes.

Hey, you've invented a new category of member -- a mid is presumably midway between a mod and a mad (in the British sense), which would be everybody else.  (Though I'm pretty sure all of us mods are pretty mad too.)  The members who work in healthcare could be meds.  And the really ordinary ones (any of those here?) would of course be muds.

Anyhow, I think you really are a mid -- as you say, you try to keep things on-topic.

Hey, you've invented a new category of member -- a mid is presumably midway between a mod and a mad (in the British sense), which would be everybody else. (Though I'm pretty sure all of us mods are pretty mad too.) The members who work in healthcare could be meds. And the really ordinary ones (any of those here?) would of course be muds.

Anyhow, I think you really are a mid -- as you say, you try to keep things on-topic.

I would like that post but I've maxed out again. Didn't realize the typo of mod till now. Might just keep the typo just because. :)
  • Like 1

Mids max out, while mods mix it up, muds eat mex, a mad mux it up, and meds have moxie. Just sayin'. :p

• Like 2

Mids max out, while mods mix it up, muds eat mex, a mad mux it up, and meds have moxie. Just sayin'. :P

If I hadn't reached my like quota an hour or so ago, I'd like this post.  Since I can't click the like button I'll just repeat the word like several times as I wish I could multiple like it any how... like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like :)

• Like 1

That's okay, I loaned you one of mine! :p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I forget if this was discussed before anywhere on here, but...re-watching TRF and hearing Moriarty talking about pressure points got me thinking since CAM also uses the term in HLV.  What if CAM had ties with Moriarty and there was something set up that if CAM died, once it was found out that Sherlock would be sent overseas, that the Moriarty video would play on the day of the flight to keep Sherlock from actually going very far.

• Like 3

I think it has been discussed in another thread or two. Moriarty also said he loved news papers. They printed fairy tales. Sherlock also made reference to news papers and how they could wrap a lie up in just enough truth that people would eat it up. CAM would state that he didn't need proof all he had to do was print it. So yes, I think that there is some pretty strong evidence that Moriarty and CAM knew each other.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And Moriarty did use the media to bring about Sherlock's "fall" so there definitely seems to be a connection with Magnussen. At the beginning of TRF John warns Sherlock that the "media will turn against you"...

What I am really curios about is if in the period hairstyle Ben still will be able to look like our Sherlock. On the photographs he looks like ten years older. :(

So, now that you've seen him (a little bit, anyway)... what do you think?

I agree, I think tongue-in-cheek will be a lot easier for me to get along with than if they played it straight. It's not as far afield from OUR Sherlock!

I think Cumberbatch absolutely rocks that look. His bearing and speech already have the requisite elegance; the hair and the dress are the icing :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...