Oh, lonely is one thing. Alone is something else. Alone's fine when you're young and vital, but not so hot when you ain't. Lonely ... I don't know, is Sherlock lonely? He must be, I guess. But I'm more concerned about him ending up alone ... no one to make sure he takes his blood-pressure meds ... no one to check on him every day to make sure he's still breathing ... no one to cry at his grave ... :tongue:

Nice job passing the buck right back!

Hey, what's the point of being a moderator if I can't delegate responsibility? :whistle:

I think we have making of a leader here. :)

Oh, is that what we're calling it?? :P

• Like 1

Maybe possibly * :whistle: while looking around rocking back and forth on her feet hands clasped behind her back.* ;)

• Like 1

Oh, lonely is one thing. Alone is something else. Alone's fine when you're young and vital, but not so hot when you ain't. Lonely ... I don't know, is Sherlock lonely? He must be, I guess. But I'm more concerned about him ending up alone ... no one to make sure he takes his blood-pressure meds ... no one to check on him every day to make sure he's still breathing ... no one to cry at his grave ... :tongue:

Well, he kind of made sure that the crying at his grave part has already been taken care of. In advance.

I can't imagine Sherlock growing old and dying. But if he does... what makes you think John and Mary won't be there for him? And if they die before he does, what about their kid? He has a family now! They'll take care of him... Plus there's Molly. Molly will still be alive and kicking when he gets to the point where he needs someone to check on him. And she'll make him take whatever he needs to stay around. Then there's his brother, and all sorts of grateful clients, and Irene Adler, and Janine...

Sherlock isn't alone at all. He's got a whole gang of people who love him. The sad part is that he doesn't realize that at all. He doesn't get that he "counts", like Molly. Remember his shell-shocked reaction when John told him he's his best friend.

• Like 2

Well, he kind of made sure that the crying at his grave part has already been taken care of. In advance.

:D

I can't imagine Sherlock growing old and dying. But if he does... what makes you think John and Mary won't be there for him? And if they die before he does, what about their kid? He has a family now! They'll take care of him... Plus there's Molly. Molly will still be alive and kicking when he gets to the point where he needs someone to check on him. And she'll make him take whatever he needs to stay around. Then there's his brother, and all sorts of grateful clients, and Irene Adler, and Janine...

Sherlock isn't alone at all. He's got a whole gang of people who love him. The sad part is that he doesn't realize that at all. He doesn't get that he "counts", like Molly. Remember his shell-shocked reaction when John told him he's his best friend.

But John and Mycroft are older than he is, Molly's going to give up on him eventually, Irene - pah! she can't be bothered, Mary dies by canon, the kid will want her own life, and the fandom hates Janine so she's out. :D

No, seriously, that's why I said "if he remains as he is" ... right now he's still keeping people at arm's length, if not farther. Even John. I'm trying to think if he's ever told anyone he needed them, or leaned on them for support (either figuratively or literally) .... that requires a little humility, which he doesn't have a great stock of!

• Like 1

In his own way he asks Molly for help in TRF. I take that to be of some support by his emotional state at that point. I don't think he was completely faking emotions then.

• Like 2

But John and Mycroft are older than he is, Molly's going to give up on him eventually,

Molly will never give up on Sherlock! I mean, yeah, eventually she'll bury the idea of a romantic relationship with him, but I think she'll always care for him. Not to worry.

Maybe it's Molly he'll retire and keep bees with. Since Janine got rid of them. :Worship:

Hey, lookie here, we have a new icon! Boy, am I ever going to be able to use this .... :wtf:

• Like 1

Icons?!

I've never really explored them on here!

On one of my previous forums, we had Sherlock gifs...they were fab!

Icons?!

I've never really explored them on here!

On one of my previous forums, we had Sherlock gifs...they were fab!

:sherlock:

Sittything has quite a few, I believe. Show us a new one, Sittything!!! :lol:

• Like 1

I was thinking about this thread this morning (yes, I do that, but so do all of you so shut it :D  ) Ahem. Where was I? Oh, I realized why I have never been able to rank these episodes. To whit: what's the criteria for determining a "favorite"?

If it's favorite script, then I might have to go with TSo3. I simply love the way you have to peel off the layers in order to follow it. Beautiful.

If it's favorite plot, that might be TGG. Close tie with TRF, though. I do like the JM/SH conflict.

Favorite ending? Definitely ASiP.

Favorite performances by the two lead actors? Probably HLV.

Favorite ensemble performance? Scandal. (Not enough Lestrade, tho.) :(

Favorite thing about the show overall? The humor: so my favorite episode in that case would be TEH.

Favorite episode to simply look at and not think about? Definitely Scandal, very closely followed by HLV.

Favorite episode to try and figure out what's going on: TRF.

Favorite direction: the four McGuigan episodes. I hope they get him back for more. I swear he could film a rock lying in a road and make it stirring.

Favorite brainwork episode: either TGG or TRF.

Favorite touchy-feely episode: Gah. You got me there. All of them?

• Like 2

I would agree with all of that. It is definitely what are you looking at to determine the favorite. I love the flashbacks in TSOT even if the case seems minor to the episode. Sherlock freaking out sitting by the fireplace in HOB is brilliant acting & I love his mind palace in that episode as well. Then there is Sherlock's dancing around in TBB (1 of my favorite parts in that episode). Each episode has at least 1 thing that I really like so I agree that it is hard to rank them.

And yes I do think about some of the threads on here like the best if us :)

• Like 1

I'm just so boring in that my favourite episode is always the most recent...

partly because I just want to see what happens next!

Though i guess there is a bit more to this...

After Great Game, yes I was dying  to see the cliffhanger resolution...but then I was dreading Scandal!

Well at least from when we knew they were going to do that story...

After The Fall, I was dreading The Reunion...at least from when we knew John was going to hit Sherlock!

But I wanted the boys back together.

I loved His last Vow

And I am genuinely excited for both The Special and S4.

• Like 2

I'm a bit the same, actually. Plus I sort of tend to regard each season as one big movie!

I was thinking about this thread this morning (yes, I do that, but so do all of you so shut it :D  ) Ahem. Where was I? Oh, I realized why I have never been able to rank these episodes. To whit: what's the criteria for determining a "favorite"?

If it's favorite script, then I might have to go with TSo3. I simply love the way you have to peel off the layers in order to follow it. Beautiful.

If it's favorite plot, that might be TGG. Close tie with TRF, though. I do like the JM/SH conflict.

Favorite ending? Definitely ASiP.

Favorite performances by the two lead actors? Probably HLV.

Favorite ensemble performance? Scandal. (Not enough Lestrade, tho.) :(

Favorite thing about the show overall? The humor: so my favorite episode in that case would be TEH.

Favorite episode to simply look at and not think about? Definitely Scandal, very closely followed by HLV.

Favorite episode to try and figure out what's going on: TRF.

Favorite direction: the four McGuigan episodes. I hope they get him back for more. I swear he could film a rock lying in a road and make it stirring.

Favorite brainwork episode: either TGG or TRF.

Favorite touchy-feely episode: Gah. You got me there. All of them?

Hmmm, doing it this way should be fun... (Any excuse to gush over this series will do). Okay:

Favorite Script - probably The Reichenbach Fall. Or A Study in Pink. Both, I guess.

Favorite Plot - If we're talking overall plot, then I'll say A Study in Pink. If we're talking about individual subplots, I'll take The Conventry Conundrum and the Flight of the Dead. That is simply brilliant.

Favorite ending - The Sign of Three

Favorite performance by the leads - the pool scene in The Great Game

Favorite ensemble performance - The Reichenbach Fall

Favorite thing about the show overall - Sherlock!

Favorite episode to simply look at and not think about - wow, this is hard. I don't really do that. The Empty Hearse, I guess. Because it frustrates me when I do think about it, but some of the scenes are lovely (the fire...)

Favorite episode to try and figure out what's going on - A tie between The Reichenbach Fall and His Last Vow

Favorite direction - no idea. I don't even know what a director does to a movie, really.

Favorite brainwork episode - A Study in Pink and The Great Game and A Scandal in Belgravia and The Hounds of Baskerville. Can't narrow it down any further.

Favorite touchy-feely episode - The Sign of Three. It wasn't very touchy, but definitely feely. In a good way. Before series 3, I'd have said The Reichenbach Fall.

I'll add another one: Favorite episode to discuss. His Last Vow!

• Like 2

Hmmm, thinking of favorite performance by the leads... I was kind of assuming you meant favorite performance together. Because if we're thinking about favorite performance separately, I'd say Martin Freeman's stellar moment was the graveside speech at the end of His Last Vow. He should have gotten some kind of a medal for that.

I have no idea what I think Benedict Cumberbatch's best performance as Sherlock is. He has so many brilliant moments. The nervous breakdown at the pub in The Hounds of Baskerville would be somewhere at the top of my list, certainly.

I would find it difficult to choose for Benedict, too...thought the one that immediately jumps to mind is the pill scene with the cabbie.

But with Martin: Battersea power station.

• Like 1

Best solo performance:

Benedict: the pub & from on top of Bart's as he's about to jump all the way through that dead look on the pavement.

Martin: beginning of TRF with his counselor & at the grave site. Also love battersea in SiB

Villains:  Andrew, the whole of the Tower of London scene...so glad he got his BAFTA!

Lars:  would be the deleted scene, but I can't really have that...so licking Lady Smallwood!

Irene(I know, not really a villain): Battersea again.

I didn't even think of villains. But agreed with Andrew and the Tower of London. I also like the choreography between him & Benedict when they are both in Jail.

Irene: I like battersea but I also like the deduction scene she does after drugging Sherlock.

Lars: deleted scene was definitely his creepiest also would have to agree with the licking.

Also thought of my favorites for Molly & Lestrade.

Molly: when she talks with Sherlock about his feeling sad/invisible as he's trying to figure out where the kids are.

Lestrade: after the drunk stag night "Not Really" and kicking the car through to his arrival at Baker St. Also like his line about Sherlock being a good man someday if they're lucky.

I agree with you on Molly...I actually think that's one of the best scenes in the show!

Greg:  hugging Sherlock!

I agree with you on Molly...I actually think that's one of the best scenes in the show!

Greg: hugging Sherlock!

That's a good one too.