Who Is Your Favourite Main Character?

Undead Medic

Who is your favorite main character?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite main character?

• Sherlock Holmes
    • Dr. John H. Watson
    • Mrs. Hudson
    • DI. Greg Lestrade
    • Jim Moriarty
    • Irene Adler
    • Molly Hooper
    • Mycroft Holmes
    • Sgt. Sally Donovan
    • Janine
    • Eurus Holmes

Who is your favourite main character in the BBC series "Sherlock"?

Please vote above and discuss below.

It has to be Watson. Much as I love Sherlock (and Cumberbatch plays a mean Sherlock), I have a soft spot for Watson, always being drawn into Sherlock's life and schemes and cases.

Although Irene comes a close second. I love the way she manages to manipulate Sherlock without even trying...

• Like 1

I had to plump for Watson too, althought I do love Molly (But then I have had a soft spot for Loo (Louise) Brealey ever since she was in Casualty)

Sherlock is fantastic, but Watson's one liners just make the chemistry between them come alive.

This is a tough question, I adore each of the characters for their own little reasons.

But my favourite if I have to pick is Sherlock. I have a soft spot for socially troubled men in suits. :P

• Like 5

I have a soft spot for socially troubled men in suits. :P

Suits AND coats, not much more one could ask for... :lol:

• Like 1

Suits AND coats, not much more one could ask for... :lol:

This seems to be a recurring theme in characters you like... :lol4:

This seems to be a recurring theme in characters you like... :lol4:

Not my fault if people have interesting coats that fit them nicely, is it? ^_^

• Like 1

Not my fault if people have interesting coats that fit them nicely, is it? ^_^

:tongue3::patpatpat::tongue:

My brain automatically refuse to choose either Sherlock or Watson (strange brain, maybe it can't choose between them but then they are better together).

I have a ridiculous soft spot for Lestrade. The writing, and Graves portrayal, has lifted the character out of the bumbling and not-quite competent rut to which he is often relegated and let him shine. How can you not love this Lestrade? I know there are probably plenty of people who don't, especially after the last episode of S2, but I would say he is probably my fave character, even though I adore both Sherlock and Watson - I think Lestrade sneaked under the radar while I wasn't looking!

• Like 4

I demand another option:

( ) John + Sherlock

As hot and sexy and gorgeous and wonderful as Sherlock is, I think most of what makes me like him is thanks to John's presence, and so I picked him ^^

• Like 2

I demand another option:

( ) John + Sherlock

As hot and sexy and gorgeous and wonderful as Sherlock is, I think most of what makes me like him is thanks to John's presence, and so I picked him ^^

But... that means you don't have to choose! The whole point of polls is to pose seemingly innocent questions that will make you fret over the answer until you randomly pick one of the options because you can't decide amongst all of them! ;)

But why should I have to choose? That's what threesomes were created for

Anyway, your ploy worked only half: I fret over the answer but did not randomly choose, HA! XP

But why should I have to choose? That's what threesomes were created for

Anyway, your ploy worked only half: I fret over the answer but did not randomly choose, HA! XP

LOL Good approach ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to say, that despite being a Sir ACD fan since I was a wee girl it took this version of Sherlock (and a friend whose mad on his actor) to get me to even consider Lestrade as a decent character

Watsons always been a maybe for me, and Martins definatley given him more of a solid personality.

but for me my favorite character will always been Sherlock himself

I would just like to say, that despite being a Sir ACD fan since I was a wee girl it took this version of Sherlock (and a friend whose mad on his actor) to get me to even consider Lestrade as a decent character

Watsons always been a maybe for me, and Martins definatley given him more of a solid personality.

but for me my favorite character will always been Sherlock himself

I love Rupert Graves as Lestrade, he's taken him from being a useless bumbling fool just used to make Sherlock look better when the characterisation couldn't do it on it's own to being a talented detective who nonetheless isn't in Sherlock's league. Brilliant work by all concerned.

• Like 2

Quite aside from the sexy leads, both of whom I love, I have to plump for Greg. Keep saying I identify with the man, he's my generation and he's ordinary, but Rupert Graves is a good actor, he's had miriad roles in all kinds of things over the years and he's never been typecast as far as I can see. Lestrade is an ordinary foil for both Sherlock and John, grounding the show into the real world, not to mention being the character who represents the seriousness of the crimes, the boring nature of the procedure that goes on behind the scenes. He is there to show up how Sherlock gets to do the good stuff while others have to make sure the cogs keep the machine turning. Sherlock often does not see how essential Greg is. Where would his really interesting cases come from? At times Lestrade is the quintessential copper, he seems pedantic and sedentary, but actually Lestrade is an intelligent, dedicated leader. He understands that Sherlock has difficulties and curbs Donovan and Anderson's attacks on him, unless he wants to teach him a lesson, that is. Lestrade is not above trying to kick Sherlock into behaving himself. John might be Sherlock's moral compass but Lestrade is often his inspiration.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I vote for Sherlock :D

He is definitly the best in the series x3

I love his character and Benedict too ^^

he is so different than the others...he is arrogant, yes, but i still like him...there is something great on him ... i simly love Guys like him :wub:

a friend whose mad on his actor

I wonder who that might be? :boing:

I vote Sherlock too, for the same reason as the "troubled men in suits". Although he can be irritating ("I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you talk, only it's usually subtext"), I believe that he is definitely my favourite.

(Glad you mentioned the suit thing, Erika. I'm now realizing what the connection is between the 10th Doctor, Artemis Fowl, and Sherlock...)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, you left out Anderson!!!

*snort*

He'd only lower the IQ of the entire poll... :naughty:

• Like 3

He'd only lower the IQ of the entire poll...

:lol4:

Back to the original question: All of the characters are wonderful. The conception, casting, writing, and acting are wonderful. But my real answer (and my vote) is unquestionably John Watson, largely due to Martin Freeman's remarkable performance (especially in "The Reichenbach Fall").

• Like 1

I've always been a fan of characters that tend to die, luckily with Sherlock though I don't see Mycroft dying anytime soon. <3

He's just...pretty hard to explain why I like Mycroft so much. Might be the fact that I draw him as a Black Metal guitarist all the time, or that I see images of him rolling to cake (seriously, those things are just the best). I love how unlike Doyle's canon version, Sherlock has made him more of a frequent character, and he's played by Godtiss too, win win situation right there.

Basically all the characters are amazing, except Anderson..bloody Anderson.

• Like 1