If John and Sherlock parented Baby Watson at 221B

sfmpco

While trying to cope with the baby's presence in the provisional nursery upstairs, Sherlock is still trying to solve the case of Mary's disappearance.

The sooner it is solved, the sooner he can resume his Bohemian lifestyle.

Then, one morning, having placed little Sheralyn in her games park, he decides to set up the sequence of events on the opposite wall. Picks up a diagram of Mary's last known actions before her disappearance and is about to secure it to the wall with one of his usual thumb tacks, when he notices out of the corner of his eye that Sheralyn is following his every movement. Does a double take on the thumb tack in his hand, carefully puts it back in its box, goes online to find the largest magnetic board available, orders it, then takes her on his lap and lets her watch reruns of Sesame Str. and as the Big Yellow Bird produces an amazed "Oh" from her, hastens to measure the circumference of her mouth so as to get bigger magnetic note holders to secure his notes.

When the new board is delivered and secured to the wall, he proceeds to set up the whole schema using very large magnetic holders.

Later, John comes back from work and notices the new arrangement.

With his daughter in his arms, he asks Sherlock:

"Is that going to be your new arrangement?"

"Just giving it a try! Thumb tacks, not really my thing!",  glancing at the baby, and unwilling to admit even to John, how the thought of her scrambling up on the sofa, getting hold of a tack and putting it in her mouth gave him such a fright a few hours before, nasty, tiny, pointy things that could hurt his little Sweetheart!

• Like 3

We have gone from funny posts to Sherlock being so sentimental.  Love it!!!  Because he does have it in him, you know.  He really does.

• Like 1

He is NOT Spock, of course he has it in him, buried deep down and firmly secured! That's not the main problem, I still have not figured out how to get Molly involved, but I am on the case, so to speak. The rest are easy to include, using his and John's quips out of context is not difficult, since I know most of them by heart, but Molly eludes me.

• Like 1

He is NOT Spock, of course he has it in him, buried deep down and firmly secured! That's not the main problem, I still have not figured out how to get Molly involved, but I am on the case, so to speak. The rest are easy to include, using his and John's quips out of context is not difficult, since I know most of them by heart, but Molly eludes me.

Molly does not elude me but I have hesitated to bring her too much into the picture because of where I have gone with her and Sherlock in my own writings, and I haven't wanted to impose that on this thread.

Mycroft uses his keys to get into the flat, keys in the alarm code to disarm it and walks up to the flat, where he finds John at his laptop updating all his patients' case files for once, as a conscientious doctor does, and Sherlock lying on the sofa with his hand steepled under his chin and with little Sheralyn playing on the floor with her cuddly toys, next to him.

Mycroft: "Sherlock, I sent you that file yesterday, why are you not on the case? "

John hurriedly changes the topic on his laptop to show said file.

Sherlock: "I am on the case, we are both on the case, look at us right now!"

Mycroft: "We have solid information, an attack is coming!"

Sherlock: "I wouldn't call your goldfish a source of solid information, Mycroft"

At the change in his tone of voice, with its old asperity in it, Sheralyn looks at him with her big blue eyes looking like saucers.

Sherlock: "Rest assured, Mycroft, I will find the answer, but next time you frighten OUR little goldfish, I may be tempted to use your umbrella on you in ways you cannot imagine!"

• Like 4

Funny!  Too funny!  Poor Anthea!

Sherlock consults Molly on infant volume discharge after feedings based on intake and asks her to "work it out."

• Like 3

Oh, you mean that he shows Sheralyn how he ACTUALLY did it! Lucky baby, the rest of us can still speculate, fearing Uncle Sherlock was lying through his teeth.

• Like 2

One morning, as Mrs Hudson brings them their tea, the subject of Sheralyn's education comes up.

John:"I don't know, I cannot arrange something so important without Mary's consent!"

Sherlock: "Time is running out, John, babies are put down at birth at some of the more prestigious ones!"

John: "Well, obviously she cannot go to Harrow, like you!"

Mrs Hudson: "Fine chance of that! She is a girl, or haven't you noticed?"

Sherlock: "Thank you, Mrs. Hudson, now run along and bring her natural serum, she has a slightly blocked nose"

John: " How did you notice that, I am a doctor, how could you notice that first?"

Sherlock: "As ever John, you see, but you don't observe. Now, where was I? Oh yes, she is a girl. So, what do you think, Roedean or Cheltenham Ladies' College?"

• Like 2

We have gone from funny posts to Sherlock being so sentimental.  Love it!!!  Because he does have it in him, you know.  He really does.

Sherlock is sooooooo going to toss you out the window for saying that.

Baby Watson has a boo boo. Sherlock provides the bandage from his own private stock.

PGSwpPP.jpg

• Like 3

Sherlock says, "Vocabulary is learned at an early age, John.  Most parents artificially retard their children's cognitive and linguistic development by insisting they listen to insipid drivel like Goodnight Moon."  

He proceeds to start reading from one of the journals from the Royal Society of Chemistry.

John shrugs.  He's never been a fan of Goodnight Moon himself, so "The Lancet" it is.

Consequently, the two wind up in an argument about whether her first word was "papa" or, in fact, "precipitate."

• Like 5

John comes home from work to see Sherlock still out like a light on the sofa from Sheralyn's nap time and Sheralyn sitting on his chest hitting him with a couple of her stuffed toys.

• Like 3

I'm not nearly fanciful enough to play this game, so I'm just going to contribute this:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That was great!

And on that note, wouldn't it be cool if Sherlock completely dissected nursery rhymes, songs and fairy tales, saying that they could not possibly have happened that way?!

Sherlock: "John, I refuse to read the baby a story about a person so stupid that she does not know the difference between her grandmother and a wolf! Do you want her to be an idiot?"

John: "Everyone's an idiot according to you."

• Like 5

John, from the kitchen: Sherlock, there is a good bottle and a bad bottle. Which one shall I take?

:o !!!!!! :lol5:

• Like 3

John, from the kitchen: Sherlock, there is a good bottle and a bad bottle. Which one shall I take?

Sherlock's response (without even looking at John or the bottles): The good one obviously. I thought they taught you stuff like that early in med school.

• Like 1

Sherlock chases half-naked little Sheralyn around the flat.  He has a cute little frock in his hand.

"You really do have to wear the outfit."

"Why?"

"Because you're going to see your Auntie Harriet."

"What for?"

Sherlock stops to think about it. "Really don't know."

"I want to see some dead people."

"Yeah, all right."

• Like 5

Sherlock, remembering back to his time in school and seeing some of the genius Sheralyn is beginning to show in her young age, realizes that a traditional brick and mortar school no matter how prestigious is not going to work for his name sake.  He begins to leave hints, notes, and not so subtle signs that they need to look into homeschooling or hiring a private tutor.

• Like 2

Nope! She has to go to school in her country if she grows up normal, a great big IF with Sherlock co-parenting her, unless you can make both John and him move to the States, or want the Social Services paying visits to you and asking idiotic questions. Inge has a point, if she is to grow up a lady they should put her name down at one of the better preparatory schools, then a really good private one and find a way to saddle Mycroft with half the tuition fees!

Sherlock's her uncle so that automatically says she's not going to be normal. And as much as I don't know exactly how homeschooling works in the UK, I know it's allowed. (I've learned a bit about homeschooling laws the last 3 years mostly in the US as it varies from state to state but also a few foreign countries.)

Only if the interested parties can prove special needs that cannot be serviced by special schools, or if there are other very specific considerations laid down by the Ministry of Education, and you really, really do not want a social worker showing up at 221b, because she will take one look at the whole setup and immediately call for help, and if Sherlock tries any of his tricks on the WPC who usually comes to help, both he and John will find themselves handcuffed, not necessarily to each other this time, and little Sheralyn being carried off to a caring facility. Nope, no way, no how!

I thought we said her first word would be Greg, from all the times both Lestrade and John have to correct Sherlock's mistakes in a rather emphatic tone of voice!

By the way, who is Hamish?

Sorry, but I don't have much capability with image manipulation and I had to use an image created by someone else.  Hamish is Sherlock's son.  

• Like 2