Sherlolly in Series 1

Mind TARDIS

I can't decide. Really, his behavior in Scandal makes better sense if it's the first time he realizes she has a crush on him. But his behavior in TBB makes it look like he darn well knew the effect he had on her, the clot. I suppose he could have assumed she would be flattered by his attention whether she liked him or not.

• Like 1

True, I had forgotten that. Still, I suppose it could be that he doesn't realize how she feels, he just notices he gets what he wants when he flirts. As I say, otherwise I'm not sure how to explain his apology in Scandal.

Oh Sherlock knows in the morgue in PINK that Molly fancies him...

He only realises he's being a b-----d to her in SIB.

Or possibly he just hadn't understood that she still adored him, even though he'd made it clear he wasn't interested.

• Like 3

Or he just cannot handle the situation.

I remember being quite a jerk myself in my young years when confronted with this kind of attention. Mostly trying to deny it (to myself in the first place) and trying to keep the status quo of being just buddies. Once I had a former schoolmate reading a love poem he wrote for me and I thought he was just fooling around to make me laugh. Ouch! blush2.gif

There is so much of Sherlock in me it's scary!

As for the coffee - to me it looks like it tastes terribly. Probably Molly had to run a mile to get to the only one functioning coffee machine at Bart's, so it's already cold.  ;)

• Like 2

I like the "he just didn't realize" idea ... that, plus after a dose of Moriarty's madness, I like to think he realized he didn't really want to be a manipulative sociopathic S.O.B. after all. (And that's why he rescued Irene! :smile: )

I wonder who told Molly who Jim really was, why he was dating her, and what her reaction was? Poor kid, she must've felt so trampled on....

• Like 1

I wonder who told Molly who Jim really was, why he was dating her, and what her reaction was? Poor kid, she must've felt so trampled on....

Jeez... must have been devastating for her. Becoming almost a helper. Realizing how close Jim already was... shudder.

• Like 1

She's used to that by now!

Agghghgh! That makes it even worse! :D

As for the coffee - to me it looks like it tastes terribly. Probably Molly had to run a mile to get to the only one functioning coffee machine at Bart's, so it's already cold.  ;)

And isn't there a rule that coffee from hospital machines has to be horrible, even if it happens to be hot?

• Like 2

And isn't there a rule that coffee from hospital machines has to be horrible, even if it happens to be hot?

Oh, THAT explains it!

Which explains the rush whenever someone made a fresh pot where I used to work......

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Related to Sherlock commenting on others' appearances... is Molly the only woman he ever makes snide remarks to about her appearance?  I started thinking about it in relation to the lipstick scenes in ASIP.  Like I know he's messed with both John and Mycroft about their weight, derided John's 'stache, but I can only remember him making comments to Molly about her appearance (never Irene, Janine, Mrs. Hudson, Mary).  In series 1 Sherlock comments on her lipstick, and subsequently the size of her lips, her weight... then her lips again in ASIB, as well as the size of her breasts.  Why so mean, Sherlock, why?  The only time I remember him ever saying anything nice to her was regarding her hair, and that was 100% manipulative.  Poor Molly.

Related to Sherlock commenting on others' appearances... is Molly the only woman he ever makes snide remarks to about her appearance?  I started thinking about it in relation to the lipstick scenes in ASIP.  Like I know he's messed with both John and Mycroft about their weight, derided John's 'stache, but I can only remember him making comments to Molly about her appearance (never Irene, Janine, Mrs. Hudson, Mary).  In series 1 Sherlock comments on her lipstick, and subsequently the size of her lips, her weight... then her lips again in ASIB, as well as the size of her breasts.  Why so mean, Sherlock, why?  The only time I remember him ever saying anything nice to her was regarding her hair, and that was 100% manipulative.  Poor Molly.

My thoughts: He likes John, deep down despite the exterior he likes Mycroft, so possibly he really does like Molly but hides it.  He is mostly polite with Mrs. Hudson (there was the biscuit issue in TSOT), he does make some snide comment to Irene about what she does & why she does it, and Mary he may have initially held off on because of John really liking her & also how she carried herself at the 2nd & 3rd restaurants on "Not dead" night then in the whirlwind of realizing she's an assassin may never do it.

I used to think it was because he was aware of her interest in him and it was his way of trying to put her off. But then that doesn't explain why he apologizes to her in Scandal (or why he didn't realize the present was for him.)

I think he's first presented as being like a young boy who thinks girls are "icky." So maybe that's why he's kind of mean to her? Then he starts growing up and realizes girls are people too?

I've heard Moffit/Gatiss say that in SIP that she is more there as a contrast to show that no matter how pretty a woman made herself, he absolutely couldn't see it and wasn't phased by it.

However, the fact that he says, "Your mouth's too small now" says that he HAS noticed her mouth before (I'm not saying any kind of attraction). Later in ASIB he mentions the size of her breasts as being too small (again, he has looked her over). Remember, they've already known each other for some time... time enough for her to develop a crush on him despite his brusqueness.  Surely she wouldn't have developed her crush immediately.  But she's got to know him through months or a few years.  She's seen other facets of his nature.  

I've heard Moffit/Gatiss say that in SIP that she is more there as a contrast to show that no matter how pretty a woman made herself, he absolutely couldn't see it and wasn't phased by it.

Poor Molly.  :(  The more I watch the show and the more I think about it, the more I want her to find happiness and don't want to see her continue pining away after Sherlock.   It's giving me a serious case of the sads.  I am way too invested in this fictional character.  lol

• Like 1