Twitter

Thanks, CAMPer.  My home page does indeed show tweets from my followees now -- dunno why that didn't seem to work this morning.  And I now have three followers (who may have a very long wait!).

Don't suppose there's any way to get rid of the ads -- or even worse, the incessant suggestions?  (I will admit that the suggestions are at least getting better.  Currently, they think I might like to follow Michael Price, Colm McCarthy, and Claire Pritchard).

• Like 1

I follow Claire and Arwel.  They have had some fun tweets that last few days including pictures with a Cyberman head apparently.

Carol you can block the ads!

Go under their tweet and there is a symbol like 3 dots...click/hover on that and it will give you options of what to do with it!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think some of the icons come from people posting on Twitter using their cell phones and the icons available there.  Not sure about the posts looking bigger but sometimes my latest posts appear bigger.

Ah now on my Twitter...on my usual feed, my own posts look normal size.

But if I look at my full profile page...my own posts look huge!

Ah now on my Twitter...on my usual feed, my own posts look normal size.

But if I look at my full profile page...my own posts look huge!

Yeah, I don't know why that happens.  I assume it's the same way for everyone, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI, Louis Moffat has a Twitter account.  it's @Curly_Moffat

https://twitter.com/Curly_Moffat

He posted a video of him being interviewed at a gaming part of SDCC where he was trying out a Doctor Who game.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This feels a bit... funny.

Do you know the name Sivert Høyem or Madrugada (a band name)?

Well, I'm not fangirling over him, but he gave me one of the most mind blowing music experiences ever, which was being wakened in the middle of the night by Prisoner of the Road (was listening to the radio in bed and nodded off). So I follow him just like some other musicians, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Lisa Gerard...

Anyway, for some reason he decided to follow me after I liked his post, despite of having over 12K followers. I don't think it will last for long - been followed by all sorts of strange people for short periods of time, but never by a favorite artist with a celebrity status.  :wub:  :blush:

ETA:

2 days ago I also found the poem BC was quoting after Hamlet, posted by my favorite author I follow on Twitter and FB. Strange thing, that interweb...

I've had the occasional reply back or follow by someone famous.  The wife of my favorite musician started following me after I told her that her hubby's current single at that time was being played on the radio.  Some day she will be on the road with him doing background vocals & I'll actually get to see the show.  I just don't know when that will be.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
Posted (edited)

Got another question about the website formerly known as Twitter.  Dunno if this feature is new or not, but the last few times I've clicked on a post there, I've noticed that the options bar at the left side of the screen includes "Grok."

I've read Stranger in a Strange Land, so I know what "grok" means.  But how does it apply here?  Is it basically a "Like" button -- or what?

Edited by Carol the Dabbler

2 hours ago, J.P. said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok_(chatbot)

As if we wouldn't have enough bots on Twitter already. 😕 

It's new to me - we don't have it in the EU.

Thanks, J.P. -- I would never have guessed that it's an AI bot.  I don't really see the point of conversing with a bot, though -- I can generally get some very sensible responses by talking to myself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1