Inge l-w

Burglary

This is my first attempt, dear fellow members, but I should explain what it is all about, first.

You are an experienced cat burglar, you have the requisite skills to reach the first floor of 221B Baker Str. either from ground level or from adjacent rooftops. Sherlock is out on a case, you can imagine John as accompanying him pre-S3 or at home with Mary in S3. Mrs. Hudson is safely locked in her ground floor flat, watching her favourite series on TV, and because she has become a bit hard of hearing, she has the volume turned up sufficiently so that she cannot hear your stealthy movements around the upstairs flat. What would you steal out of all Sherock's possessions, just as a memento, as a dare; why, and how would you then get out of the flat undetected?

If I was an experience cat burglar, I would think very hard about trying to break in to 221B, as I know Sherlock would be after me in seconds!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

:D Okay, I will just assume for the sake of this exercise that I am Irene Adler, because I myself would never, ever in a million years dare to break into anybody's place and steal as much as an old newspaper, even if I had the necessary skills.

So if I were Irene... I would probably be looking for some kind of proof that Sherlock did in fact like me (in case I didn't know already). I'd steal my old phone, and I'd leave out the door, because we all know Sherlock doesn't seem to lock his apartment. I wouldn't try to cover my tracks. Instead, I'd leave traces of my perfume everywhere and then I'd harass him with text messages, trying to engage him in a game to get the phone back, and if he really tried, I'd mock him for being sentimental about me.

That's what I'd do if I were Irene. Being myself, I'd stay standing outside the building staring up at his windows and making a Molly face.

• Like 5

If I was an experience cat burglar, I would think very hard about trying to break in to 221B, as I know Sherlock would be after me in seconds!!!!!!!!

He is out on an important case, you wouldn't have to linger long enough for him to come back?

Hm. I'd like his scarf, but if he's out on a case it's around his neck. I'd consider stealing his violin, but he'd find me and kill me.

Ah. Got it. I'd steal one of those funky pillows off the sofa. And any loose change that was lying around. And then I'd go mess up his sock index, just to twit him.

And I'd leave the same way I came in. :p

• Like 4

I'd sneak in through the window like Irene, but I'd lock it just in case some one came in. I'd leave a small message on the slide for the microscope and take his skull as it disappears periodically anyhow. And I would leave traces of Mrs. Hudson's and Mary's perfumes to cover my tracks.

• Like 3

Sorry, I should have stipulated that the scarf and the Belstaff coat would be unavailable.

Dear Arcadia, surely he would not kill you for his violin, break every bone in your body perhaps, but no one here is as repulsive as CAM!

• Like 3

Oh, I don't know, I think that violin may be one thing that he loves more than his friends.... :lol:

No need to say anything about the coat and scarf, I think we all know where Sherlock goes, they go!

• Like 2

:marmite:

ALERT!  Do not read on if of a sensitive nature and/or  easily offended.

I'd steal his Bible, leaving a note saying he's far too brilliant to need a book of fairy tales!

• Like 1

In Sherlock's case, the Bible is a reference volume.

• Like 2

So, dear Carol, what would you try to get as a keepsake?

Possibly the Union Jack pillow from John's chair -- though I would hate to make the good doctor less comfortable!

• Like 1

This is different!

I would definitely choose to come over the rooftops, possibly directly into his bedroom through that side window, which always seems ajar, and take his Edgar Allan Poe lithograph, just to remind the arrogant, pesky nuisance, that there was somebody in the same line of work almost two centuries earlier, and leave in the same way.

But I might suffer a change of heart later on, and if I were careless in trying to return it to him, he would definitely be on to me in seconds, as Ruthyone has pointed out!

• Like 2

Possibly the Union Jack pillow from John's chair -- though I would hate to make the good doctor less comfortable!

That's why I decided to take one from the couch. Let's make Sherlock less comfortable instead! :lol:

• Like 2

Though if I happened to arrive on the day when a brand-new pillow had been delivered to the flat, I'd be happy to "recycle" the old one!

• Like 1

I send a matryoshka carved with some clues that will lead him to a treasure-hunt chase all over London which culminate in a public park with a pond and ducks. Once he get there I will say, "Welcome. Did you enjoy my gift?" I steal his time and efforts ;) 

• Like 3

Sorry, but you didn't steal anything -- you gave him a puzzle to solve!  :D

• Like 1

I'd take the trophy skull wearing headphones. I love it.

• Like 2

Nothing in the original challenge state that the 'item' must be tangible. Sherlock loves puzzle, I choose to engage his brain in exchange of personal satisfaction of watching him in action of my choice.

• Like 2

In point of fact, it should be tangible, but dear Shadow Dweller chooses to run the risk of immediate capture, it is a perfectly legitimate dare, at the player's own peril!

• Like 1

The Union Jack cushion was my second choice and I would leave them a St George flag one in stead.

On that vein, I suppose I should replace The Bible with The God Delusion.

Incidentally Carol, it is a reference book for many of us.  I too have one at my right hand.

• Like 1

I am speechless, besleybean! St. George, not St. Andrew, as a gentle reminder?

In point of fact, it should be tangible, but dear Shadow Dweller chooses to run the risk of immediate capture, it is a perfectly legitimate dare, at the player's own peril!

I loves games.... *playful & cheeky wink*

• Like 2

I wouldn't want a keepsake anyway - I'd want the real thing!!!!!!!!!!!  :D    

:sherlock2:     :blanket:   :gatiss:  :moffat:  :moriarty:  :lestrade:      .........plus there's other things I might like!!!!! ;)  ;)   

• Like 2

As Sherlock said in Hounds: "That would be tremendously ambitious of you"! But Moriarty might be over anyone's head, too much trouble to handle, if you survived the encounter.