Silly Captions Thread

J.P.

You are invited to contribute :D

1JJK3U.png

That is a good look for both of them from the Frankenstein days 4 years ago.  Wonder what was actually happening in that shot (assuming it wasn't a photoshop of the 2 being put together).

The pic is one of a series made in a studio. I don't think it is photoshopped

If it was done in a studio, then agreed less likely to be photoshopped (beyond what's usually done to professional photos to get all the lighting and coloring right)

So my caption for that (more like thought bubble for Johnny Lee Miller): "Whatever. We'll handle this on the stage"  Or "Who are you and what have you done to my Frankenstein?"

• Like 1

So we're supposed to post pictures (I assume either from Sherlock, or Holmes-themed, or featuring Sherlock actors) and supply our own silly captions?  I posted this a couple of years ago on the "Funny Sherlock Pictures" thread, but it's a better fit here:

This is an apparent screencap from "Reichenbach" that I came across during a Google search:

sher51.jpg?w=1024

My caption is "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"

• Like 1

Yupp, anything Sherlock-related it good. If you have an idea, post it, the others can also provide captions for an already posted pic.

But I'm afraid I don't get the joke, Carol. phil_12.gif

Anyway here comes the next:

GQW38X.png

Soooo... you say this Cindarella... Woman is missing?

• Like 2

JP, Carol's joke is a reference to the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy is in between the Scarecrow and the Tinman en route to the emerald city saying that line together over & over.

• Like 1

This is an apparent screencap from "Reichenbach" that I came across during a Google search:

sher51.jpg?w=1024

My caption is "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"

I'm sitting here trying to figure out which one is the Scarecrow, and which one is the Tin Man. And where's Toto?

Toto is AWOL. I'd put Sherlock as the Tin Man as he's been told he doesn't have a heart leaving John to be the Scarecrow even if he has more of a brain than the Scarecrow.

J.P., here's the original scene for comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NecK4MwOfeI&feature=player_detailpage

And CAMPer, I agree that Sherlock is the Tinman -- in addition to your reasons, he's also on our left and he's taller.  (I guess we all agree that Molly is Dorothy!)

Funny, but it works: At the beginning of the story Sherlock - in John's eyes - has no heart, and John - in Sherlock's eyes - has no brain!

Carol, thanks for the link. I cannot see the video - but now I know where to look :)

• Like 1

Hey, no fair, that's what I was going to say! (Great minds think alike).

So who's the cowardly lion?

sher51.jpg?w=1024

Unfortunately for Sherlock that fart was a LOT louder than he expected. 

GQW38X.png

As Watson lost consciousness Holmes had to admit that maybe odor eaters were a good idea. 

• Like 2

Funny, but it works: At the beginning of the story Sherlock - in John's eyes - has no heart, and John - in Sherlock's eyes - has no brain!

Carol, thanks for the link. I cannot see the video - but now I know where to look :)

Oops, sorry, J.P. -- I forgot that some people have problems seeing embedded videos.  Here's a link to that YouTube page.

Nope. It's obviously unavailable for my neck of the woods. Thanks anyway.

That link was to an official WB Studios YouTube page -- maybe they restrict viewing to the US?  Here's pretty much the same scene on another YouTube page.  (And if that doesn't work for you, then I'm out of ideas.)