Let's Play Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened

Ultragonk

SHTAs1.png

"Our highest assurance of the goodness of Providence seems to me to rest in the flowers. All other things, our powers, our desires, our food, are all really necessary for our existence in the first instance. But this rose is an extra. Its smell and its colour are an embellishment of life, not a condition of it. It is only goodness which gives extras, and so I say again that we have much to hope from the flowers.”

Hello friends, I haven't posted on here in a while and that is very naughty so I thought I would come back and start posting again. I had posted another thread previous talking about the Sherlock Holmes video games but didn't get one reply possibly because there just aren't people here who play the games and that's O.K. So I thought I would take it upon myself to play through one of the adventures and show it to you all, it maybe a video game but it is a Holmes story and we all like those. This topic may also get no replies but you have to try :)

So the first game I have chosen is

shtahead.jpg

This was released in 2007 by Frogwares and features Holmes and Watson hot on the trail of a mystery where several people have been kidnapped, I thought I'd start with this one because it got pretty decent scores from the reviewers and I replayed it recently. Throughout it are different things to read that won't be on screen for long enough for people to actually read them (unless you are a super fast reader) but I will be posting shots of everything so you can read them when you like. 

Here is part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCc50MYPzt0

And the rest

SHTA6.png

SHTA7.png

SHTA8.png

SHTA9.png

SHTA10.png

As always criticism is gratefully received as I have never done this before but try and make it constructive or at least inventive  ;)

This looks like it might be interesting.  Will have to look at it more when I have time, possibly Thursday or Friday.

This is interesting to me, Ultragonk, in that I've never gotten into video games (and don't really intend to), so I really didn't have much of an idea what they were like nowadays.  Looks like they've gotten pretty complex and realistic-looking.

The graphics are pretty old but expected for the company that makes the game. You can get much better graphics these days for example this is a still from the last Tomb Raider game from 2013 

Tomb-raider1_620_1595221a.jpg

But we march on as Holmes and Watson attempt to find the kidnappers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1E3XO8fB18&feature=youtu.be

Documents:

SHTA21.png

SHTA22.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you're gunna watch do read these because they have story and important info in them.

SHTA51.png
SHTA52.png
SHTA53.png
SHTA54.png
SHTA55.png

Wow, I'm impressed simply by the amount of work you've put into this! Like Camper, I'm a little pressed for time now, but I'm interested enough to take a look later.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm impressed simply by the amount of work you've put into this! Like Camper, I'm a little pressed for time now, but I'm interested enough to take a look later.

Thanks, this is the first Let's Play I've ever done and while it could be better its the first time I've had to learn about the process of making one. I'm not sure how many people actually care about it but I'm happy to do it anyway. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! I thought I had uploaded and posted this but found that I hadn't, it's the last part to the playthrough! Here it is with a dancing Holmes, a chase scene and parts that are decidedly unfair to poor Dr. Watson. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ff43bFdFOQ&feature=youtu.be

And the documents!

SHTA58.png
SHTA59.png
SHTA60.png
SHTA61.png
SHTA62.png