"Forbidden" Errors (due to "spam" words)

Spammers is why. Whoever wrote this list wanted to nip the "buy fake rolex here, cheap!!!" spambots in the bud, I think. Same with the assorted pharmaceuticals. Others, like the drop table one, are to ward against SQL injections (a type of database attack).

Still waiting for you to post about all these, I'm half curious wtf "glass sex" is and half dreading to find out. ^_^

Cuckold is good one. Are there any Elizabethan spammers out there? Why isn’t ‘forsooth’ on the list or ‘methinks?’

• Like 1

Each of those words was apparently chosen because it's often used in spam ads.  Such ads are often for products that are either expensive (and thus prone to cheap imitations) or sex-related or both, which explains the assortment of words.

Herlock, I was puzzled by "cuckold" myself until I googled it.  The word has had a renaissance!

But the main point of my recent posts is that the forum software is no longer rejecting posts that contain any of these words.  So basically, never mind this entire thread -- it's now irrelevant.

Spammers is why. Whoever wrote this list wanted to nip the "buy fake rolex here, cheap!!!" spambots in the bud, I think. Same with the assorted pharmaceuticals. Others, like the drop table one, are to ward against SQL injections (a type of database attack).

Still waiting for you to post about all these, I'm half curious wtf "glass sex" is and half dreading to find out. ^_^

Cuckold is good one. Are there any Elizabethan spammers out there? Why isn’t ‘forsooth’ on the list or ‘methinks?’

Or 'bloody'?

This is the Sherlock forum.  We need access to the word bloody, even if there isn't a whole lot of it onscreen.  I think Mary's death scene would have been bloodier in real life.

That was due to the BBC rules, I believe.  Same reason that Moriarty could "blow his own brains out" while all we could see was a moderate-size pool of blood and one small bit of what might have been brain tissue.

But as I've already said, the forum staff had absolutely no control over either that "feature" as a whole, or the specific words considered.  We're just glad that the whole thing seems to have been dropped!

• Like 1