Steven Moffat news

J.P.

That was a fun interview that Louis did with his dad and mum.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone else had trouble lately getting videos to play in the forum? Or is it just my software getting creaky again? (I can play the video if I go to the link, but here in the forum it just sits and stares back at me.) This is at least the third time in the past couple of days for me. Videos in older posts still play just fine.

Some videos I have to go to YouTube for others play just fine. But the ones I have to go to YouTube for usually say that can't be played from a different site.

Yes, I've seen those too, but the ones I'm talking about aren't like that. I suspect it's just my computer having a tantrum...

Yep, now that video just above plays just fine. Earlier today it just sat there and refused to move. It's my computer. Poor baby, guess it just needed a nap.... :)

• Like 1

I have not (*knock on wood*) been having any problems playing embedded videos.  However, I have had a great deal of trouble lately embedding videos into my own posts -- and am wondering whether anyone else has been having that problem.

I'm not sure I've even tried to, recently. If I did, it must have worked okay, since I don't remember any problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Part one of an interview with Steven Moffat. Awww, now I adore him....

I love what he says about being an introvert:

... the desperate desire to find something to say and not sound like an idiot just makes you do jokes all the time. Jokes are a nervous reflex. Sometimes you can end up being irritating or seeming facetious or like you’re showing off, and all you’re trying to do is justify the fact that you spoke at all.

Boy, can I relate to that!  :blush:

• Like 2

Exact my thoughts! And that you can probably could apply it to Ben as well...

I’m quite relaxed about getting up on stage and talking to a crowd for ten minutes and might even make them laugh. I’m OK with that. This is, my son tells me, typical of introverts. But stick me in a room with a bunch of people I don’t know and I go, “Oh God!” and I try to hide behind Sue all the time.

• Like 1

Exactly! My friends find it hard to believe I'm shy, but then they don't usually see me in a room full of strangers. I immediately revert to full idiot mode... (as opposed to the half idiot mode I'm in the rest of the time.... :smile: )

• 1 month later...

As many have predicted, he is leaving DOCTOR WHO after S10.

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/22/steven-moffat-leaving-doctor-who-after-season-10-broadchurch-cre/

• Like 1

Now for the feels as S10 and the next Sherlock could be on top of each other.

Here are a couple more articles, each with some info that's not in the others:

Radio Times

Sherlock's Home

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do I understand that correctly -- he used to be a teacher? That classroom must have been a hoot!

• Like 1