Andrew Scott News

J.P.

I'm seriously thinking about watching it.  Saw the trailer on YouTube a few hours ago and it looked very interesting.  Andrew looks like he has a fun part.

I'm tempted as well, mostly because of McGuigan; he does beautiful work. And there's always something compelling about the Frankenstein story.

• 2 weeks later...

A great article at RedOnline

It turns out he’s just as much of a fan boy as anyone else, and will happily spend hours meeting admirers at Sherlock conventions.

Scott fully embraces the madness. ‘There’s this assumption about fans that they’re nuts. But they’re people that are really passionate, and I like that,’ he says. ‘Everyone has that when they’re young and as we get older that passion – that real, all-consuming passion – gets knocked out of you and you become cynical.’

This is so so true. He seemed even more enthusiastic then we and I had an impression he would gladly give everyone a hug, just because we were there and supporting the con. Also grateful to be a part of Sherlock and how it changed his life. So much positive energy.

Get a bit thmoved.gif and dreameyes.gif at the memory.

• Like 3

Scott fully embraces the madness. ‘There’s this assumption about fans that they’re nuts. But they’re people that are really passionate, and I like that,’ he says. ‘Everyone has that when they’re young and as we get older that passion – that real, all-consuming passion – gets knocked out of you and you become cynical.’

Apparently none of us have ever gotten older, then -- or at least, never grown up!

• Like 2

I doubt it was what he meant. :P

Are you sure?  I'm 37, look/dress like I'm 27, and occasionally act my shoe size US 9.5 women's. ;)

It's more that with age people tend to lose the ability for that all-consuming enthusiasm. We are the happy bunch who was able to keep it alive or find it again. It's not necessarily the same as being childish, even if it might be seen as such.

I think the normalos are just jealous. :P

Hey, I was just being difficult!  Ain't I allowed?  :P

I'm 37, look/dress like I'm 27, and occasionally act my shoe size US 9.5 women's. ;)

Ah, that explains it -- I'm simply acting my shoe size!  (Fortunately my feet are a year or two bigger than yours.)

• Like 1

Hey, I was just being difficult!  Ain't I allowed?  :P

Can we stop you? :tongue:

I don't even know what my age group is "supposed" to act like. Is there a primer? :p

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds good.

Hopefully it's available around me.

Lately all I wish to do during my free time is to catch movie, so I could sit still for a while, too bad the choices are too limited.

My shoes size is 8! Should I feel tiny? But I'm not short at 5ft6. Uhm.. rite?

There are shoe sizes, and then there are shoe sizes.  Even in the US, there are two different systems, one for men and one for women.  Then there's the European system (wherein nobody wears an 8), and I believe the British have a system of their own.  And I assume there are other systems elsewhere in the world.

I checked the cconversion, it's equivalent with US female size 8. But it's very common size. Something must be wrong..

Oh.. Andrew Scott!

Hiatus makes us wandering at wrong topic all the time..

Finally figured out why you've been talking about your shoe size!  (I think.)

I'm 37, look/dress like I'm 27, and occasionally act my shoe size US 9.5 women's. ;)

Ah, that explains it -- I'm simply acting my shoe size! (Fortunately my feet are a year or two bigger than yours.)

Sometimes it takes me a while!  :blink:  Anyhow, at 5'6" your size 8 shoe is probably pretty average.  I'm taller, so my feet are bigger too.

Aaaaaand -- back to Andrew Scott!  (Or his shoes.)

There are shoe sizes, and then there are shoe sizes.  Even in the US, there are two different systems, one for men and one for women.  Then there's the European system (wherein nobody wears an 8), and I believe the British have a system of their own.  And I assume there are other systems elsewhere in the world.

Finally figured out why you've been talking about your shoe size!  (I think.)

Ah, that explains it -- I'm simply acting my shoe size! (Fortunately my feet are a year or two bigger than yours.)

Sometimes it takes me a while!  :blink:  Anyhow, at 5'6" your size 8 shoe is probably pretty average.  I'm taller, so my feet are bigger too.

Aaaaaand -- back to Andrew Scott!  (Or his shoes.)

Great...! XD

Yes I had been talking about shoes and.. Andrew Scott, obviously.

Look inside many pairs of US shoes and you'll see a conversion chart for the size in various countries.  There are more size charts than continents.  Then there's my sister, 5' 3" and US Men's size 8 or 8.5 EEEE.  That's approximately US Women's 9.5/10 and very, very wide.

So how about we try to guess Andrew's shoe size ;)

So how about we try to guess Andrew's shoe size ;)

According to IMDb, Scott is 5'8" (1.73 m) tall.  According to figures I derived some years back from a relatively small sampling, an American man that height will typically wear a men's size 8 shoe (European size 41, UK size 7.5; see this chart for other equivalents).  There is a wide individual variation, and the data may or may not apply to Irish men (or even to Americans, really), but it's the best info I have on hand.

My shoes size is 8! Should I feel tiny? But I'm not short at 5ft6. Uhm.. rite?

Oops, meant to look you up in my database as well.  Actually, your feet may just a bit on the small side for your height -- my chart shows women 5'6" tall with typically a size 9 shoe, or to look at it the other way, it shows women with size 8 feet being typically 5'5" tall.  But that's all pretty iffy, so I'll just restate that you're well within the "typical" range.

And now back to Andrew Scott and his feet!

• Like 1

You people are seriously in need of help. :p  Moftiss, give us Season 4!!!

• Like 2