Let's Play Deductions!

Been hesitating, not sure it's a decent idea but here it goes..

As Sherlock's fans, maybe we should at least try to play Holmes brother's childhood game.  :)

It doesn't really matter how it turns out.

So we can try to make deductions by just looking at pictures.

Mostly, there is no right or wrong.

You can add your deductions (debates and discussion are good),

You can put any pictures (that complies) that you find interesting as deduction source,

Or if anyone wants to, you can also put own picture; for example, picture of your bedroom or someone else that you know, and have fun seeing whether others make the right deductions about that.

These are some images I took from web and know nothing about to get it started.

I give each image a tittle for easy identification.

Let's further deduce...

THREE MEN SITTING ON A BENCH 

biukba.jpg

These guys might live nearby. They don't carry things with them, no coats for travelling.

Although it could be summer, they could be practical guys (who dislike carry stuffs outside using their pockets).

They might be waiting for something. Friend? Bus?

YELLOW BEDROOM

2d6oaic.jpg

Room of three young kids, youngest kids possibly 3 years old and above that are already allowed to play with toys with lose parts.

Oldest being the one who occupies the bed on the right, maybe a big sister, around 9 years or older.

FRIENDS IN A CAFE

2nbrh8m.jpg

Friends who are still in the process of knowing each other more? Because the body languages are still shy and awkward, especially for the girls and maybe the guy with hat.

Looks like a cafe that doesn't sell heavy food.

WORKER'S HAND

a12yax.jpg

Right handed. Construction worker?

• Like 1

Been hesitating, not sure it's a decent idea but here it goes..

As Sherlock's fans, maybe we should at least try to play Holmes brother's childhood game.  :)

It doesn't really matter how it turns out.

So we can try to make deductions by just looking at pictures.

Mostly, there is no right or wrong.

You can add your deductions (debates and discussion are good),

You can put any pictures (that complies) that you find interesting as deduction source,

Or if anyone wants to, you can also put own picture; for example, picture of your bedroom or someone else that you know, and have fun seeing whether others make the right deductions about that.

These are some images I took from web and know nothing about to get it started.

I give each image a tittle for easy identification.

Let's further deduce...

THREE MEN SITTING ON A BENCH 

biukba.jpg

These guys might live nearby. They don't carry things with them, no coats for travelling.

Although it could be summer, they could be practical guys (who dislike carry stuffs outside using their pockets).

They might be waiting for something. Friend? Bus?

Love it!!! But let me try just one for now, I'm supposed to be ... ahem ... workiing....

Judging from the colors on the buildings, someplace warm, such as southern Italy, or Florida. Sandals also indicate warm weather, but long sleeves, so not too warm. Two of the men have canes, so they're somewhat infirm. Casual wear, they don't care how they look, so they're probably not going anywhere. Well fed, judging from their stomachs. My conclusion: three guys from a nearby retirement village, having a chat. Ex-professionals, possibly Mafia. :P

• Like 2

Love it!!! But let me try just one for now, I'm supposed to be ... ahem ... workiing....

Judging from the colors on the buildings, someplace warm, such as southern Italy, or Florida. Sandals also indicate warm weather, but long sleeves, so not too warm. Two of the men have canes, so they're somewhat infirm. Casual wear, they don't care how they look, so they're probably not going anywhere. Well fed, judging from their stomachs. My conclusion: three guys from a nearby retirement village, having a chat. Ex-professionals, possibly Mafia. :P

Working is boring like what we always say. I need to sleep, although sleeping is boring too.

Well fed indeed, could it be beer guts?

Now that you mention, the middle guy kind of looks Italian to me.

Mafia..maybe they are leisurely planning to give someone a kiss of death..

• Like 2

They are clean, their clothes are clean and well fitting and rather good quality, so they are not homeless and they care about their appearance even in public so they are not down on their luck.

• Like 2

YELLOW BEDROOM

2d6oaic.jpg

Room of three young kids, youngest kids possibly 3 years old and above that are already allowed to play with toys with lose parts.

Oldest being the one who occupies the bed on the right, maybe a big sister, around 9 years or older.

Cheap, one-room flat masquerading as something more upscale by hiring a colorblind designer to decorate it. Rented, not owned, as the occupants have not been allowed to hang anything on the walls.

• Like 2

Probable liver problem for the man with white shirt and black trousers.

YELLOW BEDROOM

2d6oaic.jpg

Cheap, one-room flat masquerading as something more upscale by hiring a colorblind designer to decorate it. Rented, not owned, as the occupants have not been allowed to hang anything on the walls.

Good point about not having anything hanging on the wall.

Curious about the colorblind interior designer. I actually like the wall color XD.

They are clean, their clothes are clean and well fitting and rather good quality, so they are not homeless and they care about their appearance even in public so they are not down on their luck.

Which probably means they have someone to take care of them to?

Someone to choose or maintain their clothing conditions.

Probable liver problem for the man with white shirt and black trousers.

Is there any symptoms from that guy?

I only know liver problem visible symptoms is yellowish eye color.

YELLOW BEDROOM

2d6oaic.jpg

Curious about the colorblind interior designer. I actually like the wall color XD.

You mean the lack of color on the wall? :p

Actually, I was snarking more about the blue pillow on the turquoise bedspread next to the powder blue chest of drawers (and they couldn't even bother to have matching spreads on the bunk bed....!) -- not to mention the random splash of yellow against the peeling blue-gray plywood headboard on the other side of the room, with an overlarge beige bench scrunched in between.

I therefore deduce the designer is not only colorblind, but salvages his/her furnishings from the junk yard. :D

You mean the lack of color on the wall? :P

Actually, I was snarking more about the blue pillow on the turquoise bedspread next to the powder blue chest of drawers (and they couldn't even bother to have matching spreads on the bunk bed....!) -- not to mention the random splash of yellow against the peeling blue-gray plywood headboard on the other side of the room, with an overlarge beige bench scrunched in between.

I therefore deduce the designer is not only colorblind, but salvages his/her furnishings from the junk yard. :D

There is an awesome olive grey color on the wall but yes that's about it. :)

I think the mismatching of crappy interior design actually might strengthen your previous deduction, about the room being rented. Maybe the original setup was bluegrey headboard and powder blue chest of drawers. Cool color choice together with the wall.

Then this tenant move in with over occupancy that includes two toddlers and say, they like bright colorful bedsheet for the children, with additional baby crib lookalike furniture.

Aha! I deduce that my computer monitor is set to a higher contrast ratio than yours, since I see not an awesome olive grey, but a decidedly boring black and white. (Black!!! In a child's room!! I ask you! :D )

• Like 1

How about the designer ran out of paint on the wall with the window has half has color and the other half is white.  (I would be doing what I could to change that room if I owned that space.  So not my style)

• Like 1

@Van Buren Supernova: the way his stomach distended as well as age.

• Like 1

Aha! I deduce that my computer monitor is set to a higher contrast ratio than yours, since I see not an awesome olive grey, but a decidedly boring black and white. (Black!!! In a child's room!! I ask you! :D )

Yes..wahahaha.. mine is so olive grey. 

Although, now that we mentioned those colors..turquoise, powder blue, olive grey..why on earth did I named it Yellow Room again?

Child room.. wait, this room is rented, so it's not originally meant for children.

Perhaps for bachelor, bachelor detective, or confirmed bachelor?

How about the designer ran out of paint on the wall with the window has half has color and the other half is white.  (I would be doing what I could to change that room if I owned that space.  So not my style)

I'm not against color mixing but yes it's a bit odd, especially the white patch is only on one corner, not symmetrical or has certain purpose.

But there is an effort to match the curtain color (it's also white and olive grey in my monitor :))

@Van Buren Supernova: the way his stomach distended as well as age.

Oh wow. Didn't know that.

Do you guys think the cane are used because of old age or are there psychosomatic limps?

Psychosomatic. Obviously! :p

• Like 1

Psychosomatic. Obviously! :P

I'm playing it in my head that those three old guys are jumping around the rooftop with Sherlock and John.

Angelo has to deliver the canes.

:lol:

• Like 2

FRIENDS IN A CAFE

2nbrh8m.jpg

Guy in black shirt is making the moves on the dark-haired lady. She's not interested and is pretending to drink her coffee to hide her embarrassment. The other two think it's funny. Meanwhile, their breakfast is sitting on the counter getting cold. Guy in the hat is balding and trying to hide it. Shop is understaffed; the flowers on the shelf have died but no one's taken time to replace them.

• Like 1

Good catch with the dried flower and breakfast on the counter, I think understaffed is very sound deduction.

I want to give gigantic Golem's thumb but it's not in our emoticon's collection yet. I want to give dancing cow's backside but I am on my phone and somehow can't access any emoticons but only the ones which I remember the code (excuses, excuses :lol:)

I'm intrigued about the menu. Soup.. but why there are 'mint' and 'yogurt'. Perhaps some delicacy that I don't know? I eat to live, not live to eat, so I only know very basic types of food.

I like the deduction about flirting and awkward situation (black shirted guy and girl with glasses), I bet he wishes taking people pulse is acceptable interaction.

Cucumber, mint and yoghurt makes me think Lebanese or maybe Greek food, but that's about as far as I get.

Also, I am now thinking maybe they are drinking tea, not coffee.

:cowdance: is : cowdance : (One of the few I have memorized! :D)

Cucumber, mint and yogurt soup?

I don't feel hungry...

The blonde girl is wearing Christmas sweater? And it seems quite cold. Jan?

Oh Cowdance! One of the most useful emoticons! :lol:

I don't know the relevance with Sherlock but bless the inventor!

:cowdance: :cowdance: :cowdance:

WORKER'S HAND
a12yax.jpg
Hmmmmm. This one's tough, not as much to go on. Coal miner? Or maybe someone who works with, like, diesel engines or something? Tony Stark while he's building the first Iron Man?

• Like 1

WORKER'S HAND

a12yax.jpg

Hmmmmm. This one's tough, not as much to go on. Coal miner? Or maybe someone who works with, like, diesel engines or something? Tony Stark while he's building the first Iron Man?

Is Tony Stark right-handed? :lol:

It could be coal miner or painter (construction), there are no visible callous for more clues. Although now I think coal miner might be more sound because he doesn't seem to be sun-burned, quite fair-skinned beneath those dirt/stain.

The background (which I thought to be some architecture/plumbing element) could be part of coal-mining machinery.

Will try to find more pictures.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The hands remind me of those of a mechanic.

• Like 1

YELLOW BEDROOM

2d6oaic.jpg

Cheap, one-room flat masquerading as something more upscale by hiring a colorblind designer to decorate it. Rented, not owned, as the occupants have not been allowed to hang anything on the walls.

You mean the lack of color on the wall? :p

Actually, I was snarking more about the blue pillow on the turquoise bedspread next to the powder blue chest of drawers (and they couldn't even bother to have matching spreads on the bunk bed....!) -- not to mention the random splash of yellow against the peeling blue-gray plywood headboard on the other side of the room, with an overlarge beige bench scrunched in between.

Perhaps a designer wasn't consulted at all, but rather the more effeminate spouse had reign on how the room looked? I would propose that the house is owned by the family; in response to the lack of items on the wall: perhaps it is because they are younger children and therefore have no need for posters? Or perhaps the parents prefer a cleaner, more simplistic look without sacrificing color/design? Building further on the house being owned, I think that because the bedspreads don't match, they've gone through several rotations of bedspreads being bought (again, parent(s) enjoy design.) This was so fun!! Great job, you guys. Could you guys let me know what you think about my points, please? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The more colorblind spouse, you mean? :D  Yes, I guess that makes more sense than a colorblind designer. :D

I agree about the bedspreads, that would explain why nothing seems to match.