Let's Play Deductions!

The hands remind me of those of a mechanic.

Mechanic! *Slap forehead*

Good one..!

Perhaps a designer wasn't consulted at all, but rather the more effeminate spouse had reign on how the room looked? I would propose that the house is owned by the family; in response to the lack of items on the wall: perhaps it is because they are younger children and therefore have no need for posters? Or perhaps the parents prefer a cleaner, more simplistic look without sacrificing color/design? Building further on the house being owned, I think that because the bedspreads don't match, they've gone through several rotations of bedspreads being bought (again, parent(s) enjoy design.) This was so fun!! Great job, you guys. Could you guys let me know what you think about my points, please? :)

The more colorblind spouse, you mean? :D  Yes, I guess that makes more sense than a colorblind designer. :D

I agree about the bedspreads, that would explain why nothing seems to match.

I think it's very possible, I can buy the new theory :)

Maybe the family has just move in too, they haven't done any permanent or additional decorations. The mismatching of some colours could be result of merging furnitures from old house with new one, same thing with the bedspreads as what you guys mentioned.

And maybe, this room is temporary used for children room while they are still doing renovation for the actual children room.

This could be guest or home office room.

:applause:

Welcome to the forum, greencat1999.

Great that you have been participating.

Hope to see you around.

• Like 2

Below is the pictures I took from a stranger who was kind enough to allow me.

2z9mkxh.jpg

6jlo5h.jpg

I think it's very difficult to read hands,

Anyone has any deductions about his profession?

I will be able to validate your deduction because I know the actual answer.

The hands remind me of those of a mechanic.

Mechanic! *Slap forehead*

Good one..!

Perhaps a designer wasn't consulted at all, but rather the more effeminate spouse had reign on how the room looked? I would propose that the house is owned by the family; in response to the lack of items on the wall: perhaps it is because they are younger children and therefore have no need for posters? Or perhaps the parents prefer a cleaner, more simplistic look without sacrificing color/design? Building further on the house being owned, I think that because the bedspreads don't match, they've gone through several rotations of bedspreads being bought (again, parent(s) enjoy design.) This was so fun!! Great job, you guys. Could you guys let me know what you think about my points, please? :)

The more colorblind spouse, you mean? :D Yes, I guess that makes more sense than a colorblind designer. :D

I agree about the bedspreads, that would explain why nothing seems to match.

I think it's very possible, I can buy the new theory :)

Maybe the family has just move in too, they haven't done any permanent or additional decorations. The mismatching of some colours could be result of merging furnitures from old house with new one, same thing with the bedspreads as what you guys mentioned.

And maybe, this room is temporary used for children room while they are still doing renovation for the actual children room.

This could be guest or home office room.

:applause:

Welcome to the forum, greencat1999.

Great that you have been participating.

Hope to see you around.

Thank you so much!! Hope to hear more from ya, too! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Below is the pictures I took from a stranger who was kind enough to allow me.

2z9mkxh.jpg

6jlo5h.jpg

I think it's very difficult to read hands,

Anyone has any deductions about his profession?

I will be able to validate your deduction because I know the actual answer.

This is probably a long shot, but perhaps a shoemaker/ shoe mender?? I noticed some wear on the tips of the tarsals and deep creases on the palms, though I don't seem to detect too many callouses that would suggest a construction worker nor mechanic, though it's evident that he works with his hands. Taking a look at the sleeves, his profession is probably not white collar as there seems to be dirt and some wear. That being said, perhaps a gardener? Sorry that I put two guesses; I don't really know how many I'm allowed to... Submit? Interesting excercise!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is probably a long shot, but perhaps a shoemaker/ shoe mender?? I noticed some wear on the tips of the tarsals and deep creases on the palms, though I don't seem to detect too many callouses that would suggest a construction worker nor mechanic, though it's evident that he works with his hands. Taking a look at the sleeves, his profession is probably not white collar as there seems to be dirt and some wear. That being said, perhaps a gardener? Sorry that I put two guesses; I don't really know how many I'm allowed to... Submit? Interesting excercise!!

There is only one rule...no rules! :)

Love the train of thoughts and deduction, but he is not shoemaker or gardener.

Interesting observation though. I can validate not white collar.

• Like 1

Well, this is weird... I submitted a brilliant, beautifully reasoned deduction, and it's gone! Although my conclusion was also "gardener" so maybe it's just as well. :D

Okay, he's in a city or town, not the country, so I guess that rules out agriculture worker? Dirt under the nails, dirt on hands and clothes, so some kind of manual labor. Not a very high paying job judging by his worn cuffs. Some of the dirt looks gray... concrete maybe? Roadworker? Bricklayer?

• Like 2

Well, this is weird... I submitted a brilliant, beautifully reasoned deduction, and it's gone! Although my conclusion was also "gardener" so maybe it's just as well. :D

Okay, he's in a city or town, not the country, so I guess that rules out agriculture worker? Dirt under the nails, dirt on hands and clothes, so some kind of manual labor. Not a very high paying job judging by his worn cuffs. Some of the dirt looks gray... concrete maybe? Roadworker? Bricklayer?

Blue collar, manual labor, yes.

Not roadworker, not bricklayer.

Curious about your deduction about him staying in city or town though.

Hm. This is proving to be a very interesting exercise, indeed. Looking at the knuckles, one could observe what I would think to be either slight or healing bruises (though they don't seem to be severe.) On the tarsal-metatarsal joint on his ring finger, a small, healing cut could be observed as well. Could these injuries, in addition to the marks as aforementioned be attributed to machinery? The light grey dust is quite intriguing and is similar to that of the color of concrete. Could he be a concrete mixer or possibly be involved in any step one would take to create/crush concrete?

• Like 1

Curious about your deduction about him staying in city or town though.

Paved street in the background, so he's not out in a field or forest. Could be in town just for the day, I suppose, and work elsewhere....except you'd think he would have cleaned up a little bit if he were visiting town. So I think he works there.

Ummmmm..... chimney sweep?

• Like 2

Looking at the knuckles, one could observe what I would think to be either slight or healing bruises (though they don't seem to be severe.) On the tarsal-metatarsal joint on his ring finger, a small, healing cut could be observed as well. Could these injuries, in addition to the marks as aforementioned be attributed to machinery? The light grey dust is quite intriguing and is similar to that of the color of concrete. Could he be a concrete mixer or possibly be involved in any step one would take to create/crush concrete?

Wow... very detailed observations. Nice.

But sorry, not the right answer yet. 

Paved street in the background, so he's not out in a field or forest. Could be in town just for the day, I suppose, and work elsewhere....except you'd think he would have cleaned up a little bit if he were visiting town. So I think he works there.

Ummmmm..... chimney sweep?

I see where you are coming from.

Hmmm.. I can't really elaborate on that; say it's not wrong and it's not really right. XD

Sorry he is not chimney sweeper.

What we have so far, he is not:

- shoe maker/shoe mender

- gardener

- bricklayer

- roadworker/concrete related works

- chimney sweeper

Clue: he is also doing secondary job that is related and benefit the primary job. This secondary job is almost inseparable.

• Like 1

:blink:

Does either job have something to do with moving that bag?

Maybe potential factory/warehouse worker such as at a flour mill.  It could be in a small village so roads are paved but still kind of out in the country.  Does lifting and moving of bags such as the one shown.  

• Like 1

:blink:

Does either job have something to do with moving that bag?

Yes!

Maybe potential factory/warehouse worker such as at a flour mill.  It could be in a small village so roads are paved but still kind of out in the country.  Does lifting and moving of bags such as the one shown.  

Not flour mill worker.

But your deduction about the road is right. It is a village with small part of paved road, which is barely one and half meter wide (5 feet).

I think you guys are probably one guess away, in fact, something closely related had been mentioned unofficially.

Bag full of oats? He feeds the livestock?

Bag full of seeds? He sows the fields?

But then what is he doing on the street... hmmmm.... picking up the bag from the supply warehouse in the village?

• Like 1

The knuckles of his hands are very callous. What can cause that?

In the bag -  there is something like dry plant sticking out.

The position of the bag - it could be fastened on a bicycle.

Etnicity: from the colour of the palm, versus the back of his hands - not white.

Dirty, torn clothing - someone poor or using old clothes for this appartently extremely dirty job.

What is that white residue on his skin and the clothing?

My first thought was someone collecting recycleable things on the streets, but in a village it wouldn't be much profitable.

I would say farmer, but the ethnicity don't really fit... what country is that? England or USA or...

• Like 1

Callous knuckles: I can imagine that carrying a lot of those bags by cords they are bound with could cause it - you have to put your fingers under the cord, rubbing your knuckles on the very raspy bag canvas. That black wristband from torn fabric could be for protecting the inner of the palm from being cut by the cord. So, a lot of carrying bags.

• Like 2

I want to give you elaborate emoticons, but I am on my phone.

This is the only party-like emoticon code that I remember..

:cowdance: :cowdance: :cowdance:

You are spot on J.P!

No less kudos for Arcadia, Greencat1999 and SherlockCAMPer.

In fact Arcadia had mentioned agriculture but distracted by pavement, and first guesses of gardening are really close.

Not England or USA but he is indeed a farmer, more specific rice farmer.

His secondary job is raising cattles mainly water buffalo and other beneficial farm animal such as ducks.

It's all manual labor, he uses the buffalo to help him plough (or plow depends on which verb you prefer) the farm. He does his own planting and harvesting with traditional tools or bare hands. The greysih residue is probably dried mud. There is a cut wound, perhaps resulted from sickle, one of very important cutting tools that he carries with him.

After harvesting, the leftover rice straws are uses to feed the buffalos. Here, he has just finished cutting the rice straw (tied together inside the sack), and loading it to his motorbike (a very simple and low capacity motorbike). Using transportation helps him a great deal in shorten the distance he needs to get to his buffalo. For small amount of things, they usually just carry it on their shoulder.

As mentioned, the pavement is some kind of 'main road' in the village. The village is not very far town so tthe motorbike might also be his transportation device for daily necessities.

Great job guys, Sherlock should be impressed!

• Like 2

Wow, guys! Awesome deductions! :) As for Van Buren, this exercise was really enjoyable; made even more so by the fact that you could vouch for correct answers :D Great choice of pictures to deduce. On a random note, I don't think I have said this before, but I love your username, Van Buren!

• Like 2

Aggh, so close and yet so far! :smile: Nice going, gang.

Okay, I can't decide if this is too easy or too hard, but here it is ... what is happening in this picture? Or more to the point, why is it happening?

Ar0CjrB.jpg

Wow, guys! Awesome deductions! :) As for Van Buren, this exercise was really enjoyable; made even more so by the fact that you could vouch for correct answers :D Great choice of pictures to deduce. On a random note, I don't think I have said this before, but I love your username, Van Buren!

Thanks and cheers! :)

I wish I have other pictures that are interesting to deduce, but I don't have any for now.

Aggh, so close and yet so far! :smile: Nice going, gang.

Okay, I can't decide if this is too easy or too hard, but here it is ... what is happening in this picture? Or more to the point, why is it happening?

Ar0CjrB.jpg

I think they are playing trampoline. I had a project with trampoline before, the fine net and structure looks familiar to me.

And I think here it is..

2iracs3.jpg

Maybe it's camera angle, the little girl looks a bit odd. She seems to have very long left hand.

On why is happening:

- Sunday afternoon

- They are visiting a place with this facility; maybe a park, a family/friend house

- They are not sure how to stop it anymore, people hardly start playing while sitting or lying down. It seems like these are secondary position after multiple, maybe result of uncontrollable jump (personally I'll choose jumping from a cliff than playing trampoline because it looks dangerous and nauseating XD)

- Sherlock season 4 is tomorrow!!!

On why is happening:

- Sherlock season 4 is tomorrow!!!

THAT'S IT!!!!! Brilliant!!!

I wish.... :p

I knew I couldn't fool you all, that is indeed a dad bouncing his two kids on a trampoline. I'm gonna go look for something harder!

• Like 1

Still holding on to tiny hope that Season 4 is not too far away from Christmas special..

Some digging and found this.
4r71xe.jpg

This is not usual market photo,
there is one word that can explain it.

Same, this could be very easy or very difficult.
Clue: don't bother with the wordings/brands. They mean nothing.