Let's Play Deductions!

Is it for making wedding veils for a bride?

We've seen those in Sherlock. It's traditional and I guess it complements a wedding gown without a having a 'specific purpose' of its own.

Also,you said something about shooting yourself in the foot.

Ricoletti,who had a veil on, faked her death by shooting at the floor next to her feet.

It's actually not veil, but what the veil is. You are there and there is no significant step left, so I give to you.

This machine is a lace making machine.

I was indeed referring to Ricoletti's scene and the tremendous amount of lace as clue. Good catch.

Look closely, there are rolls and strings in the machine and even something that resembles the product. It's traditional, part and complimentary of something, not specific purpose. Pattern is of course, the main idea of lace.

Well done sherlockpoirot :thumbsup:,

you have any picture for us to deduce?

It's a triangle! :D :cowdance:

Seriously ... is it one of those things you use when making pottery? Can't remember what it's called....

And congrats on your correct guess, I was miles in another direction. How any of you saw any kind of pattern in that picture is completely beyond me. :goldfish:

Haha. Ten points to Gryffindor!

Nope, nothing to do with pottery. The colour of the triangle isn't very important. It could come in any colour.

And thanks! There's patterns visible just under the white roller-thing.

Dang post office closes too early today I missed it, so I get two guesses.

First guess, based on the size, shape, material and east wind, is it a piece of Tangram puzzle?

Second guess, there are a bit of mishapes in one of the corner, which makes me think that it's probably soft, although I don't see any stain in your fingers. I give it a shot anyway, it's some kind of edible snack?

My next guess was going to be ... a slice of pizza.

• Like 1

:lol: XD I can see why it's pizza, if green glob is appetizing then why not..:p

Will find something later.

Math is fun.

Styrofoam ball families -- note the young ones. And they're migrating.

• Like 1

Or, just possibly, oranges. Being washed.

Haha I just put some oranges in a tub to see if they'd float. They didn't.

But I guess there doesn't have to be a lot of water under the balls/oranges to cause those reflections. Or does there?

And are most of them separated from the ones at the front by a little dam?

And there's yellow sticks on the dam.

• Like 2

Oh, no! Did the oranges drown? :O

:d

I think it's a wet conveyor belt, but I can't figure out what the yellow sticks are for. Or why everything in the photo is yellow. Some kind of special lighting, or just Van Buren trying to trick us? :p

Balls, but not Styrofoam.

Hmm... not sure if they are families. The small ones could be..euh... size-challenged.

They are quite a lot of water there, but the depth of water is not really crucial for this purpose.

What you see as 'separator' has a purpose also, and it is not for separating. The amounts of balls in front and back doesn't really have any significance, it's just something that is difficult to control.

Yes, there are sticks, with important purpose.

Not wet conveyor belt.
The photo is yellow, not a trick, not photoshop.Yes, some kind of lighting.  I have that in purple, red, blue and white as well. 

Math is fun...theology, on the other hand...

Are they rubber duckies waiting to hatch?

The sticks are just sticks, not gear wheels? Hm. Chopsticks? For catching and eating the rubber duckies?

Colored lights ... makes me think of arcade games....

Theology is fascinating. :P (Philosophy & Religion was my minor in college.)

Not rubber duckies eggs. :axe:

But it's some sort of plastic rubber material.

The sticks are not just sticks, but not gear wheels.

Not chopsticks! :axe:

Not arcade game. :p

I can see that it could be fascinating, it's just that my teachers/lecturers were always very one dimensional and I don't think they understand it themselves except read it blindly from the book, so my eyes were on permanent roll and they bored me to tears.

Math is fun...theology, on the other hand...

I actually enjoy theology & much of the related fields surrounding the study of God but I also have a certain affinity for some math just not enough to take anymore classes in it. I'd rather work on a ThD than take another math course.

As for the balls: black lighting to make them 'glow', the separator to help move them along for packaging, the water more for cool effect, and I need sleep before I fall asleep mid typing.

• Like 1

Not rubber duckies eggs. :axe:

But it's some sort of plastic rubber material.

The sticks are not just sticks, but not gear wheels.

Not chopsticks! :axe:

Not arcade game. :P

I can see that it could be fascinating, it's just that my teachers/lecturers were always very one dimensional and I don't think they understand it themselves except read it blindly from the book, so my eyes were on permanent roll and they bored me to tears.

TWO hatchets? I think you have been watching too much Hannibal.

Bringing the photo out again.....

2ltoxmv.jpg

Okay, so they're something manufactured. From rubber or plastic. But why so many sizes...? And many are not perfectly round, so that seems to rule out simply toy balls. Some sort of packing material, maybe? Or not.

Do the red and green shapes mean anything? Some of the balls look pretty dirty ... are they being recycled? But so many ..... I feel like I'm witnessing a genocide.

Meh, have to get ready for work...

TWO hatchets? I think you have been watching too much Hannibal.

I think so. Yesterday I walked through a dark alley, thinking, if someone tried to be funny I would hack them into pieces. No kidding. :P, but no worries, just thinking. :)

Yes, they are manufactured, from either rubber or plastic. You are right, it's not toy balls. Not packing material.

Err.... I don't see anything red and green?

I would say yes, most probably the balls are recycled for future uses or from past uses. Yes, the balls are 'dirty', there is a purpose for that.

If the picture is large enough, there is a red thing just left of center about 1/3 of the way down and there is a green thing on the separator about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way over from the right.

I also noticed some spiky things in a couple of spots along the separator and on the back side of the separator there are some yellow things that look more square-ish.

• Like 1

Oh I see them, sharp eyes! Maybe they meant something, but they are not the main clues and the colors don't matter.

Yes, the spiky things had been mentioned before, and they are significant. But what are they and why they are significant?

The squarish boxes, yes, they could tell something as well, although not as crucial.

Sorry I missed commenting on your post before Camper, the 'separator' helps to move along, yes, but not for packaging. Blacklighting, no.