Non-SHERLOCK Quizzes

Shadow Dweller

For the umpteenth time in these flipping quizzes (where I end up being Benedict) I became a stand-in for Sophie! I give up, General Grant, I really, really DO!

"Congratulations, your British Celebrity husband is Benedict Cumberbatch.

Mr Cumberbatch is a true gentleman, a sensitive and intelligent man ( can't say I didn't point this out in the Hamlet thread!) who will respect you and make sure your feelings are catered for in everything that he does. He is also, when the mood takes him, quite a serious-minded person who wears his heart on his sleeve. You and he will get along famously, as his fine breeding matches your need for traditional romance, a place for everything and everything in its place (figures, being a Virgo ^_^ ). Your home will, of course be immaculate (Yep, especially after the children have had their breakfast! ). Long weekends will be spent manicuring the garden and then throwing dinner parties for your friends (Nope, there will be PEOPLE) in which you and Benedict try out exciting new recipes. And when you argue- as all couples do- the standard of the debate will be very high indeed. Just be aware that the cost of such perfection is a greater sense of disappointment when minor things go wrong. Get over that and you are all set for a happy life together."

As if...

Dear ShadowDweller, Colin Firth! Seriously? I'm figuratively green with envy! The best ever Pride and Prejudice Mr Darcy, the best ever villain in Smiley, where Benedict was a very convincing sidekick of Gary Oldman's, not to mention the films Carol pointed out!

• Like 2

Oh dear, green? Too much ingesting chlorophyll? :O

Your fate, Inge, is to stick with BC, lol :p

What about the last quiz, what is your result?

• Like 1

Green as in Chartreuse liqueur (sadly, Benedictine is amber-coloured ^_^ ).

The thing asked too many questions, so I cut and ran! Is that a sociopathic trait? Because I have been getting Benedict's Sherlock in the other ones, too. Only once I managed to get the Basil Rathbone one, which must have been a fluke!

Dear ShadowDweller, Colin Firth! Seriously? I'm figuratively green with envy! The best ever Pride and Prejudice Mr Darcy, the best ever villain in Smiley, where Benedict was a very convincing sidekick of Gary Oldman's, not to mention the films Carol pointed out!

YES!   Nobody will ever be Mr. Darcy to me, but Colin Firth.  EVER.

Not Mr. Darcy:

tumblr_n13kuuNMUD1r2pptjo1_500.gif

Mr. Darcy:

anigif_enhanced-26221-1413486337-9.gif

• Like 2

Nobody does sincere like Colin Firth!

I'm looking into the various editions of P&P available on DVD/Blu-ray.  What versions do y'all have, and what do you recommend?

I only have the 5 part mini-series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle on DVD.    I saw, but didn't really care for the 2005 movie.  A regular length movie just isn't enough to capture that book.  They had to cut too much to make it fit.

There's always Bridget Jones's Diary too.  That's basically a modernized, abbreviated P&P.  

Or, Carol, are you talking about which edition of the 1995 P&P mini-series?  I wasn't sure what you were asking.

I'm fairly certain this is the exact edition I have:  http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Special-Edition-Colin/dp/B00005MP58

But it looks like they've remastered it so I probably wouldn't get what I have at this point.  I'd get the remastered version on blu-ray.

I only have the 5 part mini-series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle on DVD.    I saw, but didn't really care for the 2005 movie.  A regular length movie just isn't enough to capture that book.  They had to cut too much to make it fit.

There's always Bridget Jones's Diary too.  That's basically a modernized, abbreviated P&P.  

Or, Carol, are you talking about which edition of the 1995 P&P mini-series?  I wasn't sure what you were asking.

Sorry, I meant the latter.  The Amazon reviews seem very enthusiastic about the remastered version.  There's a newer "keepsake" edition that doesn't specify which version of the actual program it includes -- but I get the impression that it's more about the "extras," which may be interesting, but if it's a case of either/or, I'd far rather have a really good version of the show itself.

The prices are all over the map,  The remastered DVD is available from US Amazon for $80 (and they don't seem to offer a remastered Blu-ray), whereas UK Amazon offers a remastered region-free Blu-ray for just 6.60 GBP.  Pending further research, I have the latter on my wish list.

Ah, right you are.  In fact, I think that's nearly the same product I linked to on UK Amazon -- for 6.60 GBP which equates to $10.18 (plus shipping, of course) vs $65.95 (with free shipping).  The only other difference I see offhand is that the British offering is region free (which is good).

• Like 1

What's the benefit of region free?  I mean, I guess I would get why it would be good if you couldn't get a Region A/1, but if you can get a Region 1?  Unless you're planning your exodus to the UK?  ARE YOU CAROL?!  DON'T LEAVE US, CAROL!

Hey, they have the internet in the UK too, you know.  ;)  In fact, this very forum started in Bristol.

But no, not planning to go anywhere.  I meant "good" in the sense of "not the slightest problem, and possibly helpful."  (Besides, I think regions are an obnoxious idea.)

• Like 1

Hey, they have the internet in the UK too, you know.  ;)  In fact, this very forum started in Bristol.

But no, not planning to go anywhere.  I meant "good" in the sense of "not the slightest problem, and possibly helpful."  (Besides, I think regions are an obnoxious idea.)

Well, I'll agree with you there.  Why can't we all just have the same thing.  

I suspect with digital movies starting to replace physical film, it'll become increasingly common for movies to be released at the same time in all (or at least most) countries, doing away with the original motive for regions (namely, to prevent DVDs from being played in countries where the movie hasn't been released yet).  Blu-rays have already cut the number of regions in half.

You guys are talking gilberish. So I anyhow grab something to bring it back to topic, not even sure what it is, but not too bad!

Which Chemical Element Are You.

Result:

iodhcw.jpg

• Like 4

It's that flipping thing I rated, cut and ran! If some sneaky so-and-so's want to learn my e-mail, they'll have to invent much better excuses to lure me into giving it to them! Which is the most unstable, instantly explosive element? Unlike Sherlock, I don't carry the whole table in my head, although I love chemistry a little less than astronomy! Whichever that element is, I am!

You don't have to give them your email address, Inge.  (They sure as heck didn't get mine, because I don't give it out lightly.)  But I did think the quiz was cute.

https://frozen-everglades-6644.herokuapp.com/

Who in fiction are you?

GEORGE SMILEY

You are George Smiley from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Like George Smiley, on a good day your analytical, pragmatic and logical side make you a bit of a mastermind. On a bad day you can be hard to please, picky and worrisome but your thoughtful and precise approach is admired by friends and colleagues alike – as is your lack of hesitation in telling them when they’re being foolish.

Smiley is in many ways the antithesis of James Bond, and you are not likely to be the life and soul of the party like many of "the Cousins". However, if you planned a party it would run like clockwork.

• Like 3

Your result for The Which Chemical Element Am I Test ...

P... Phosphorous

You scored 52 Mass, 41 Electronegativity, 39 Metal, and 0 Radioactivity!

You're high energy... really high. Unfortunately, you don't always put your energy to calm constructive use and sometimes let it all out in intense bursts. If your energy can be harnessed however, you will produce truly great things. I suggest you take up a job that runs you ragged... like opening and closing a Sodium-Potassium pump. Socially you ought to hang with a crowd that is even more social than you. If you don't, well... all those people who spontaneously combusted throughout history... you guessed it, phosphorous people who didn't have enough to occupy themselves. When picking friends make sure most of them rated high on the electronegativity scale... Chlorines, Oxygens and whatnot.

• Like 2

1zb6tnc.jpg

While I like the rest of the analysis shamelessly (even the part that I prefer to debate with serial killer than parties is great, Hannibal Lecter and Dexter type?), the part of planning my holiday in months is really incorrect. The most I could give is a month, mostly I would just buy ticket and fly in very short notice, in fact I could be somewhere else as sudden as tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

• Like 1

You are Mma Ramotswe from The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency

Mma Ramotswe relies on her intuition and understanding of people, rather than attention to the details of the law, to help her solve cases.

Her rare insight into how people work is something you share.

Your quest for finding meaning in life draws you towards jobs that help you make the world a better place. Although you’re generally calm and laid-back, on bad days you can become introverted, stubborn and inflexible, and you have a strong dislike for conflict. Yet you are capable of achieving so much, including great writing, if you’d only give yourself more credit.

I love Mma Ramotswe!!  :D  Haven't quite caught up with the books, but definitely one of my favorite series.  The television movie and series were very nice as well -- wish they'd done more episodes.

• Like 1