Cumbercowley

Which episodes took you a second viewing to understand?

For me it was

The blind banker

The great game

The rechinback fall

Comment, I'm interested!!!

I guess for me it was A Scandal in Belgravia.
Just to catch all that clever stuff Irene did and the whole "Coventry" thing... Not that I was absolutely lost, I just needed to connect a few things together. :smile:

Not necessarily to understand, but to process and appreciate: His Last Vow. When I saw that episode the first time, I wasn't very happy with it. Now it's one of my favorites.

• Like 2

Great question!!

I'm tempted to say "Which ones didn't?" :D but I guess I understood ASIP right away.

I thought I got TBB until other people started pointing out the inconsistencies. :rolleyes:

Definitely Scandal -- it took a heck of a lot more than 2 viewings and I'm still not sure I get everything.

Ditto TRF, especially after the so-called explanation in TEH.

All of Season 3. No, that's not quite right ... I think I got the plots right away. But processing the emotions generated by each episode took a lot longer. Especially HLV; I felt like I'd taken a severe beating after the first half dozen times seeing it, and it's taken me a long time to reconcile all the feelings I have about it. (And I'm still not sure I've done that, either! :smile: ) I have to agree with Toby, it's one of my favorite episodes, along with Scandal, and I think that's one reason why ... I still feel like there's things to be discovered. And with HLV, the way they tell the story -- all impressions instead of explanations -- that still has me riveted every time I see it. It doesn't make sense, and yet at the same time it makes perfect sense -- if you let yourself feel your way through it, instead of reasoning your way through it. So unique.

A bit more answer than I was expecting ... :d

• Like 2

I multi-tasked through my first viewing of Hounds of Baskerville and had to restart it halfway through because I didn't pay enough attention and had no idea what was going on.

I think TBB is the one, for me, that I get more out of with repeated watchings.  I had some of the same problems other have had with it the first time out, and then, within the context of having seen the rest of the episodes, I started to appreciate how well TBB sets our characters up for what they would become in subsequent seasons.

Of course, SiB is always good for a nice game of "who's got the phone?"