Greetings!

Ryss

First of all, I hope that not problem that I took the liberty and opened a topic here!

My real name is Viola, but here just "Ryss" . I'm a student from Hungary, who's just learn yet, therefore I have to ask everybody, that you forgive me for the mistakes what I would make... (!)

Well, I'm also a Sherlock fan girl, as you guessed. :) Was 3 year and 4 month ago , that I turned on the TV and in that moment I totally "fell in love" with the BBC version too.

I knew the classic stories already, of course, and I adore the Granada series with Jeremy Brett also since I was little kid, but I become real fan after I started to watch the rethought Sherlock.

True, at first I was angry because of the idea that they put the classical detective and his stories into our modern time... But yet, I love it now and I'm here! :)

P.S: I hope, that what I wrote is understandable!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Welcome, Viola/Ryss, and yes, I understood you just fine! Glad you found us, hope we'll hear from you often. :welcome:

Hi Ryss, welcome to the forum.

If convinient, join us in other threads.

If inconvinient, join anyway. :)

• Like 3

Hi, Viola -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:  It's great that you've jumped right in and posted four times already.

Yes, it's OK that you started a new thread.  In fact, it's good that you did.  And you even put it in the correct subforum!

The whole point of this forum is to share ideas, so the important thing is to write so that other people can understand what you mean, and as Arcadia already said, you have done that very well.  We have members from all over the world here, and many of them learned their English in school or by watching movies and television.  (I'm just glad to have learned it the easy way.)

Welcome, Ryss!

I am from Germany, so English isn't my native language either. But I understand everything you wrote. Although I guess I sometimes make mistakes, I just write and try not to worry too much. People will ask if they don't understand something.

• Like 2

Hi Viola/Ryss! :)

I'm from Italy, so, as you can see, in this forum we are from all over the World!

You spoke about the Granada series and I thought I'll see it, because I haven't heard of it till today :)

Enjoy your time here! :)

The Grenada series with Jeremy Brett is generally considered the finest adaptation of the Victorian Holmes.  :brett:   I suspect you'll like it!

Oh yes, you must try the Grenada series, it's excellent, especially at the beginning. So start with episode 1 if you can!

Oh yes, you must try the Grenada series, it's excellent, especially at the beginning. So start with episode 1 if you can!

... which is not to say that it's bad in later years -- just not quite as excellent, due to Mr. Brett's declining health.