Sign in to follow this  
Grey

How do I get text under my comments?

Hello all!

I was just admiring some of your little quotes and things you have under your comments, and I was wondering how I could get one for myself!  Sorry if I'm being a little dense, but I can't seem to find out how to do it!

Thanks!

First of all, you are not being dense! It took me a little while to track it down myself. Oh wait ... that doesn't mean anything, since I tend to be the densest one around here when it comes to the secret workings of the forum .... :P

Anyway .... assuming your view of the forum layout is similar to mine, see your username near the top of the page? Click that, and you get a drop down menu. Choose "My Settings", then over in the left hand column, choose "Signature." I think it will be pretty obvious from there, but let us know if you have any problem. Notice you can use the same tools as when making a post, so you can change the text color and things like that.

While you're there you might want to play around with your notification settings, although be aware that some of the notifications don't work the way they're supposed to. But generally, you can turn off any you don't want.

Waiting to see what your "signature" will be! :)

• Like 1

It's called your Signature, but (as you've already noticed) you can put just about anything there.

Click on your user name near the top of any forum page, click on My Profile in the drop-down menu, click Edit My Profile at the top of your profile page, click Signature in the left margin of the Edit page, then edit your signature just the same as you'd edit any post.  You can use whatever fonts, text colors, text sizes (up to size 14), and so on, that you like.  Then click Save Changes, and you're done!  All of your posts (even the ones you've already made) will now have your signature added to the bottom.

Or, you can do it the way Carol suggests! :D Cross-posted again! :lol4: