Van Buren Supernova

Introverts, how is your day?

On 12/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

A mother is always a mother.  :D

When I was ten or twelve, I decided I was too old to be getting a basket of candy "from the Easter Bunny" so I told Mom that I wanted to help her prepare the baskets for my younger brothers.

I felt very grown-up while she and I filled the baskets.   But after I went to bed she must have heard me crying, because she came in and asked what was wrong.  I wailed, "I want an Easter basket too!"  And she said "That's OK, I already made one for you."

Good ol' Mom!

I have not resided at home for nearly 30 years, but my 81-year-old mother still makes me an Easter basket (my original Easter basket from when I was 2 years old is still in great condition despite being a near-antique now).  I still get an Easter basket because I am not married, according to her.  I think I am the only one of the kids to get a birthday check as well.  She gets all of us a Christmas present every year, but I get these extras because she feels sorry for me.  :)

• Like 1

A mother is always a mother.

• Like 2

The little exhausted sunken eyes of the introvert party goer is definitely the picture I relate to the most. 

13 hours ago, Artemis said:

Weird comments section, though! :D 

I didn't look at those... had the feeling they might be annoying. Was I right?

• Like 1

^ Ditto.

4 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Weird comments section, though! :D 

Virtually all of the recent comments amount to multi-lingual spam (e.g., one in Vietnamese offering to place ads at a certain airport).  But if you scroll most of the way down, there are some actual comments.  Didn't take the time to read many of them, but they looked interesting -- people offering their experiences, etc.

I've seen this happen on other blogs, especially ones that have been sitting around for a while.  Which is why if I ever follow through with setting up my own blog, I will specify that I need to approve any comments before they go live.

• Like 1

Loooong time ago when I had blog, I disabled comments, there are options for that as well, although I'm not sure about now.

I posted about neighbor's housewarming sometimes ago, that I desperately wanted to avoid (it actually kind of stressed me out XD). So I did what most sensible people do. :-) Party at 12. We stayed away for the weekend (not really for this purpose  :whistle:), and left the place at 3pm. It is 45 minutes ride home. To be really really sure that the party was really over by the time we reached, I went around town running errands eventhough it's not urgent at all with car full of luggages, my mom and dog for another two hours before heading home. Score! It was quiet as Diogenes Club by the time we were home. Their finished house looks like white cages, all white inclusive of natural stone facade they painted over) while mine looks like wild forbidden garden (I'd say it looks much better than theirs :P) 

But I passed their housewarming gifts to the housetaker, he is always outside taking care of stuffs every morning when I depart for work. At least I appreciate their effort trying to be hospitable. Since they seem arty farty and love neat and white feature I bought them two candle glass jars with nice subtle scents that I actually tempted to owe myself. They gifted me a nice mug back. 

Two days later a long blackout happened at night. Black out is not common at all and very rare occurrence, so most household is probably not equipped to deal with it.  My narcissistic self of course thinks that I saved their lives with those candles. :D

• Haha 1