Jump to content
Van Buren Supernova

Introverts, how is your day?

Recommended Posts

On 11/16/2020 at 9:01 PM, Jen said:

I'm so happy when I find a forum like this ! I think I'm crazy, yes, and I really like to come here ūüėā

 

It's fun to be crazy!!!ūüėĀ

 

Glad my avatar is such a source of discussion ūüėĀ

But the thing is, maybe we seem like a bunch of capable detective wannabe, but in reality, we only like to tear apart things, sometimes without conclusion. 

Look at these two, three? They are busy discussing Star Trek instead of actually finding out the real answer of your avatar? Tsk right??? I don't know what to do with them! And me, I prefer calling them out than finding the answer too, you see, I'm a bit rusty, I need to rewatch, and it's more fun too.

  • Haha 2
  • Tongue 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Hey, that does sound like the place!   :applause:  

But one minor quibble:  I believe the end of that line was simply "... we're rescuing you!"  *goes to check*  Yup, checked a couple of online transcript sites, and they both have the shorter wording.  (Just too bad neither one mentions the nods.)

 

Hey, I was quoting from memory. I'm amazed I got it as close as I did.

3 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Look at these two, three? They are busy discussing Star Trek instead of actually finding out the real answer of your avatar? Tsk right??? I don't know what to do with them!

nyIMUcf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Hey, I was quoting from memory.

So was I.   :P 

Oh, dear, that means neither of us actually verified that the nods were in that episode, only that the "Shut up Spock" was.  Maybe YouTube can help.  Well, of course it can, and here it is:

 

So it's official!  We've done our job.  :cheers:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Er, I hate to burst your bubble, but I meant I was quoting Bones from memory. I had, in fact, watched the end of the episode to confirm I had the right one. But during the few seconds it took to switch from YouTube back to this forum, I'd already forgotten the exact dialog. Hey, I figured I was doing pretty good just to remember the right episode!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 5:08 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

But the thing is, maybe we seem like a bunch of capable detective wannabe, but in reality, we only like to tear apart things, sometimes without conclusion. 

Look at these two, three? They are busy discussing Star Trek instead of actually finding out the real answer of your avatar? Tsk right??? I don't know what to do with them! And me, I prefer calling them out than finding the answer too, you see, I'm a bit rusty, I need to rewatch, and it's more fun too.

we are therefore several detectives wannabe, but we still haven't found the answer to our question ūüėā

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I hate to burst your bubble

No problem -- so it's *thoroughly* verified!  And I doubt I'd have identified the episode, at least not till the next time I happened to watch it.  So you win the no-prize!

12 hours ago, Jen said:

we are therefore several detectives wannabe, but we still haven't found the answer to our question

I bet the same thing happens to Sherlock all the time -- they just don't make episodes about it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:
14 hours ago, Jen said:

we are therefore several detectives wannabe, but we still haven't found the answer to our question

I bet the same thing happens to Sherlock all the time -- they just don't make episodes about it.

55aTH7h.gif Never!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, though, didn't Sherlock object once when John blogged about one of his failures?  So the show doesn't completely deny that he's occasionally stumped.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working today... And you know what, I really don't mind. I like my job, I'm glad I have a job, and I was just thinking as I passed a mirror that no other clothes make me feel as comfortable and just plain "right" as my work uniform. In my private life I have a bagillion body image issues and constantly tug and pull at my clothes but at work, everything fits, functions and makes me look like a responsible adult. 

It's just like Molly Hooper always looking a little frumpy and awkward in her outfits (which I nonetheless love and would for the most part wear), but competent and put together in her lab coat. 

Sometimes, I wish Molly had her own show. It would have to revolve around pathology of course. I would binge watch it! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T.o.b.y said:

In my private life I have a bagillion body image issues and constantly tug and pull at my clothes but at work, everything fits, functions and makes me look like a responsible adult. 


Aren't there "civilian" garments made in the same style as your work uniform?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:


Aren't there "civilian" garments made in the same style as your work uniform?

 

Sure - trecking / outdoor pants and polo shirts. Tucked in. With hiking boots. :lol:

I'd look as if I was about to explore the wilderness, redo my garden - or go to work! It just wouldn't be the same thing... Wouldn't have the same effect. I've tried actually to buy more pants and skirts with a natural to high waistline and tuck tops in but the result was awkward, I looked as if I thought I was 50 years older than I am. 

It's probably not the clothes anyway but me. :P I'm a different person at work and she's just a lot more calm and secure... And I think I feel like there's a constant expectation for me to be pretty, (that I'm constantly disappointing) just because I'm female, unless I'm at work where suddenly nobody cares about my looks at all, myself included. 

(I do wish fashion had a solution for women's clothing that allowed for more pockets though... I love, love, love all the pockets on my work pants, they hold all my stuff and keep it just where my hands fall naturally. It's so convenient!) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T.o.b.y said:

Sure - trecking / outdoor pants and polo shirts. Tucked in. With hiking boots. :lol:

I'd look as if I was about to explore the wilderness, redo my garden - or go to work!

And the problem with that would be....?   :D

20 minutes ago, T.o.b.y said:

It's probably not the clothes anyway but me. :P I'm a different person at work and she's just a lot more calm and secure...

Yeah, one's attitude can have an awful lot to do with such things.  Once you have a few more decades under your belt, you may find that you can be calm and secure just about anywhere.

22 minutes ago, T.o.b.y said:

I do wish fashion had a solution for women's clothing that allowed for more pockets though...

Gaaah, yes!!!  Why don't all pants have pockets?  And all shirts?  And why are a lot of the pockets that do exist so small as to be fairly worthless?

If my mother didn't have her purse with her, she would often ask my father to put something in his pocket, and he'd say why don't you put it in your own pocket, and she'd say what pocket!?  I've gotten to the point where if pants (especially) don't have pockets, I simply don't buy them.  But I still have a lot of clothes with less-than-satisfactory pocketage.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Yeah, one's attitude can have an awful lot to do with such things.  Once you have a few more decades under your belt, you may find that you can be calm and secure just about anywhere.

Geez, how many more decades does it take? I've got quite a few under my belt already (and it shows :P ) and I know not this calmness and security.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I *did* say "may" (as in, or may not).  Perhaps it's due to your artistic temperament?

 

Added:  Or maybe what I'm actually feeling is "don't give a damn."

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, T.o.b.y said:

.(I do wish fashion had a solution for women's clothing that allowed for more pockets though... I love, love, love all the pockets on my work pants, they hold all my stuff and keep it just where my hands fall naturally. It's so convenient!) 

I agree! We have come so far but still this pocket thing is a struggle, my jean's front pockets are not deep enough for my phone. I have to put it on the back but risking butt prints.

My mom made me some homewear shorts, and I asked her for pockets. She made me two deep pockets, in which I would carry my phones and stuffs every evening before I headed to my room. And my greediness shows when those pants drop slowly because of the weights. I have to race to second story or walk like a crab before shorts touching ground. Hold on to it? No way! I always have a lot of stuffs in my hand. This, is the priviledge of staying alone.

Gasps.. wait, maybe that is the reason they deprive us of pockets?? Because pants dropping and crab walking is certainly not lady like???? Pfft!!

 

16 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Geez, how many more decades does it take? I've got quite a few under my belt already (and it shows :P ) and I know not this calmness and security.....

Me too. I don't think I have grown mentally since I was 18.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 11:51 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Well, I *did* say "may" (as in, or may not).  Perhaps it's due to your artistic temperament?

I think it's more to do with my pitiful income. Although the poor income is in part a result of the artistic temperament...........

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, it takes my whole life experience to convince me that money and time don't go along.

When I have money, I don't have time to be happy.

When I have time, I don't have money to keep me being happy or not worry.

 

Maybe the mistake is my aspiration, maybe I have to love money lots, ALOTS, so I could be happy only by owning them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't consider myself as an introvert. But I'm very different from other people, in many dimensions... For a many long time, I was asked to make an effort to be like everyone else. I'm think it's really stupid, but I suffer because I feel unloved.  So I, believing that it would please the people I love, I tried to make an effort. Today, I criticized for making efforts!!! 

They've asked me to make efforts in order to be accepted, and I find it quite unfair that they have come here today to reproach me... 

 

I just feel so different from everyone else here ūüėę

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jen said:

I don't consider myself as an introvert. But I'm very different from other people, in many dimensions... For a many long time, I was asked to make an effort to be like everyone else. I'm think it's really stupid, but I suffer because I feel unloved.  So I, believing that it would please the people I love, I tried to make an effort. Today, I criticized for making efforts!!! 

I'm not an expert, but if you feel different, maybe you really are an introvert.  A lot of people think an introvert is the same as a shy person.  Some introverts are shy, but some are not.  Being an introvert means approximately this:  Even if you sometimes enjoy being with other people, you may need some time alone afterwards.  Also, you may prefer to visit with just one person or a few people, rather than with a group.  Also, you often enjoy doing things by yourself.

Then again, maybe you're an individualist.  The world needs individualists!  Otherwise everybody would be just alike, and the world would be very boring.  It doesn't sound like you're pretending to be different, it's just the way you really are.  As long as you're politely doing what makes sense to you, I think that's great.

I used to try to "fit in," but I was never very good at it, so I gradually started doing what I thought made sense instead.  I'm a lot more relaxed now!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems so much like what I am!! Maybe I really am an introvert, unknowingly!! I'd say you're right.  

 

I don't want a child, I don't wish to marry or live as a couple. I don't like community life, I need to live freely. In everyday life, I don't have the same practises as other people. I don't understand what they call " family spirit". I sometimes feel like I don't understand what is expected of me...  

Sometimes, I don't feel the same emotions as other people. And it offends everyone. 

 

So, I feel different. Maybe I'm an introvert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jen said:

It seems so much like what I am!! Maybe I really am an introvert, unknowingly!! I'd say you're right.  

 

I don't want a child, I don't wish to marry or live as a couple. I don't like community life, I need to live freely. In everyday life, I don't have the same practises as other people. I don't understand what they call " family spirit". I sometimes feel like I don't understand what is expected of me...  

Sometimes, I don't feel the same emotions as other people. And it offends everyone. 

 

So, I feel different. Maybe I'm an introvert. 

I stuck here because I find other 'different' people here.

Eventhough we are unique, just like everyone else here¬†ūüėč, we are not so alone after all.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a bad day.  Nothing's gone right, but mainly, it's my dog Cooper.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:11 AM, Artemis said:

One of my dogs is sick.  He's mostly stopped eating, acting very lethargic, and generally just not being himself.  I took him to the vet for some blood work, and the results came back with some abnormalities, but they're not sure what it indicates.  I'm having him tested for various potential diseases suggested by the vet, most of which, if diagnosed, don't lead to a happy end.  :(  I'm just really hoping it's not one of those.  He's having an ultrasound, to see if there's any pancreatitis going on.  That would probably be the best-case scenario.

^ This illness, which turned out to be leaky gut, is finally taking a turn for the worse.  The severity of it has fluctuated in cycles, usually flaring in the fall and clearing up somewhat in the spring.  But he's never been this bad before.  Last night he was whimpering all night because of how uncomfortable he was.  He doesn't want to move or eat.  He has runny, uncontrollable diarrhea.  He's pretty miserable.

There's no cure for his illness, the symptoms can only be alleviated with medication.  But eventually the medication stops helping (if it doesn't lead to kidney failure first), and that seems to be what's happening now.  The vet gave him another med that should improve his condition in the short-term, but it runs out in a week.  If it doesn't help, or if it does but his illness cycles around again later with this severity, he will probably have to be put down.

 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.