Introverts, how is your day?

Yup, me too. But actually, since my family is not really like you would say a tradional family, I am rather tired of that. It's so dull and you just sit there and listen and if you say something meaningful you're treated like an alien, because no one likes to use their brain for real. Really sucks. So I one day decided to not attend family 'meetings' anymore (usually only birthdays, at christmas everyones at their place anyway, and easter does not get celebrated at all since no one cares and everyone does their own stuff, so around those days I have no stress because I only meet up with my mum for an afternoon and that's cool. The rest gets/sends cards and stuff via mail if they care at all, whcih is fine), and guess what, they don't even care, so I am happily over that. I think traditional family things would be overload for me too. I have my pet family, which is often more than enough. :D

My family would be soooooooo hurt if I did that, so I show up anyway. But deep down, I feel lucky to have a family like that, so I make the effort. Doesn't stop me from complaining about it, though. Sigh, I'm so shallow. :rolleyes:

.... I don't really make plans yet for Christmas, except cinema plans. :giggle:

Ohhh, definitely! Movie plans first! Fortunately my family likes the same movies I do, going to a film together is part of the holiday tradition!

I have actually written in my post that had 'mysteriously' vanished from the Dr. Strange thread somehow, that me and my mum have also the christmas tradition to go to the cinema on 1st christmas day.

We hardly agree on a film we both like, but somehow we always manage - last year it was Mr.Holmes, since she likes Sherlock too. I could convince her for The Hobbit, and I guess this year it will be the new one from the Potterverse. Because I know she would never come with me to see something like Dr.Strange or Star Wars :giggle: - she hates science fiction films or comic films, anything like that. But she likes a bit of fantasy, mostly spy films though.

This will be also the first film from the Potterverse that my stepdad won't see anymore with us as he died in 2012. He was actually the biggest Harry Potter Fan of us, and we went mostly because he wanted to see the films. He also was a trekkie :llap: .

• Like 2

The time when people rather ask you about something that is sitting in front of their eyes than using those eyes to see it themselves.

• Like 1

Regarding conversation cutter:

I do notice that my E friends like to cut into people's conversation when they walk into it. Normally I would just continue talking and ignore him/her until we are done. However I do have my shares of cutting people in the meeting, but only because they are repeating things, trying to pass nonsense excuses, meaningless blahs or bullshitting, don't really care about positions they are holding or whatever expertise they claim to have if their work ethc and knowledge prove otherwise. Other than those, I hardly speak though unless I am the one handling the topic.

Regarding people missing stuffs:

And yes, always say, "It's more efficient looking for your things with eyes than mouth, you know."

Regarding family events:

Yes, I'll try to attend family events if I am really expected, but this is for main circle, not extended family. But there is loophole of course :P, I have been staying far from home since forever and that helps a lot.

I am scheduled for couple of days meeting end of this month in another town, and I feel bothered from now because they have weird tradition there where everyone have lunch together, and the dishes are served only when everyone has gathered, like wedding. That makes it at least one and half hour forced lunch and socialization each day. I hate that!

• Like 1

Feign that you have a toothaches? :D

That is risky, they have easy/soft food, they would still force me to sit there.

I tried to get out once by saying that I was not hungry, then wandered around outside (big vicinity). They still insisted that I joined for drink and sent a car to get me. I ended up arriving late where everyone was waiting. It's difficult because I am visiting, if I were based there they would leave me alone or I would find better way.

I feel like Sherlock and Mycroft at the morgue: "Do you ever wonder if there's something wrong with us?" :lol:

Not the same line, but similiar, couple of friends asked why I am so against social events sometimes and if there is something wrong with that/me.

I am not grinning, I swear, but my sympathy for you. :D How about you collect information about all the guests as much as you can then try to deduce them at the event? See how much you can match with what you already know. Think it like an exercise of matching data with sensory inputs.

I like social events well enough, just ... when it's the right time, and with people I know. I hate meet and greets. Ugh, I don't get it, where's the pleasure in those things? This is not a good thing, because I really need to do them for my work ... :cry:

I am not grinning, I swear, but my sympathy for you. :D

I'm not sure I believe you.... :P

How about you collect information about all the guests as much as you can then try to deduce them at the event? See how much you can match with what you already know. Think it like an exercise of matching data with sensory inputs.

I did that and pretty much figured everyone. Went there a couple of times already. Some more interesting people also visiting and not constantly there, the ones who are there are mostly simple normal, predictable, nice and....boring. I don't have anything in common with them at all except we are working in the same company.

Oh well, I probably just wish to be attacked by

murderous ghost

again like last time. (Btw, do we still use spoiler box? I notice some TAB discussions are quite out there already.)

Social event, have you guys 'ambushed' before?

Like many people, I actually don't mind close circle small gathering with people I like. But there are times I found the group swelled so much without my knowing that it became torturous gathering. The worst one was an ambushed trip, from a trip with 3 good friends that are regular (2 good friends, one is indirect but has become friend too), it swelled into 8 people because somehow this indirect friend thought nothing was wrong with that, and my friend (from where I know this indirect friend) didn't tell me until it was too late because he knew I wouldn't go. It was quite a horrendous trip. I almost downgraded everyone's surveillance status, luckily he was very nice about it and tried to get private times with original core. I didn't behave badly I was just very 'reserved'. Nevertheless I still a bit pissed about that. I just have very very selective trip buddies because it's 24/7 ordeal.

^^;

What do you think about trying to influence the mood of the crowd? From pockets of people then graduate to tie several different groups into a single 'crowd'.

Oh well, I probably just wish to be attacked by

murderous ghost

again like last time. (Btw, do we still use spoiler box? I notice some TAB discussions are quite out there already.)

I was told we would enforce the use of spoiler boxes until admin told us otherwise; but as you noticed, things have been seeping through. I stopped enforcing it once I noticed the other mods weren't. So it's their fault. :p

That's not a very good answer, I'll see if I can get a better one out of somebody. It makes sense to me to stop using them, but

there's a lot of things I don't know. :smile: Sssh, don't tell.

Social event, have you guys 'ambushed' before?

Like many people, I actually don't mind close circle small gathering with people I like. But there are times I found the group swelled so much without my knowing that it became torturous gathering. The worst one was an ambushed trip, from a trip with 3 good friends that are regular (2 good friends, one is indirect but has become friend too), it swelled into 8 people because somehow this indirect friend thought nothing was wrong with that, and my friend (from where I know this indirect friend) didn't tell me until it was too late because he knew I wouldn't go. It was quite a horrendous trip. I almost downgraded everyone's surveillance status, luckily he was very nice about it and tried to get private times with original core. I didn't behave badly I was just very 'reserved'. Nevertheless I still a bit pissed about that. I just have very very selective trip buddies because it's 24/7 ordeal.

Ambushed, no. Seen my social group get too big for my comfort, yes. It's okay, though, I go find a couple other introverts, we sit in the corner and have a nice chat.

I like social events well enough, just ... when it's the right time, and with people I know. I hate meet and greets. Ugh, I don't get it, where's the pleasure in those things? This is not a good thing, because I really need to do them for my work ... :cry:

I don't mind meet & greets depending on who it's with.  If I had to be the person meeting all the people most of the time, I would definitely be drained after awhile.  So far I've been part of the people so I know who I've been meeting.

^^;

What do you think about trying to influence the mood of the crowd? From pockets of people then graduate to tie several different groups into a single 'crowd'.

Nope. I did that once and people thought I was nice.

It was weird but okay in a way, however, one time is enough, for good.

mbushed, no. Seen my social group get too big for my comfort, yes. It's okay, though, I go find a couple other introverts, we sit in the corner and have a nice chat.

Big setting is fine if I attend it at my own risk. What I dislike is the perceived-small-circle-private hang out and suddenly it's not. The very reason I wanted to go was the 'private', they even promised me that. Just let me know, I'm happy to excuse myself from agreeing to go than throw a bunch of strangers to me and expect me to be as jolly as when I'm with people I like.
  • Like 3

My day was awful. I had to attend a party. 'Nuff said. If you don't hear much from me for the next few days, it will be because I am recuperating. :P

• Like 3

My day was awful. I had to attend a party. 'Nuff said. If you don't hear much from me for the next few days, it will be because I am recuperating. :P

I get you.

260psgh.jpg

Also dreading for my impending doom. :cry:

So bad that I wish it's a party, because party means at least I care enough for someone there to attend, and I can leave early, and I like cake too. 

:angry:

So there is a new guy at work. Good god!

Within minutes he had asked multiple personal questions, telling (unfunny) jokes as if talking to old friends, talk talk talk a lot, and :blanket: standing way too close wanting to see what I was doing eventhough I had said NO and chase him away with finger pointing like I do to unruly stray dogs.

Someone gonna die...!

Sounds like a good time to take some spectacular pictures ... :-D

I try very hard to not be unfriendly with people, because I am very sensitive myself and I know how unpleasant it can be. I have also worked hard to overcome my shyness. Most people don't realize I am introverted and don't understand why I am reluctant to attend social events or make small talk a lot.

It's not that I don't like people. I am far from being a misanthrope. But being around most human beings does not make me comfortable or contribute to my enjoyment.

• Like 4

Supernova explosion is immediate. runaway.gif

:D

Not yet...

Today my introvert battery reached zero bar for different thing but it's my fault. However, it helps that everyone else are happy so I try to be good and grateful.

But this coming week... I will hate everyone and I am going to die....!!!!!

Here, maybe this will help. Something to live for....

tumblr_mrzrazTRok1rmo7nno4_500.gif

• Like 2

Someone keep repeating themselves only in different wording today. It is almost like she is trying to refine her idea through her mouth. Oh how I wish for a roll of duct tape (or is it should be duct tape?). Mind immediately flew toward Sherlock's own habit and I feel sympathy for his flatmate whoever is it. Must have the patience of a saint when rooming with someone who open their mouth not because they seek outside opinion. Paper + pencil / whiteboard / apps exists to facilitate idea development without the need of turning someone into a pest to the environment.

Khannnn.... it helps.. thanks.

At least it prevents me from being murderous, a bit..a bit..what is Khan's motto again? Walk over dead corpses?

Two more days to go.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-027.gif

• Like 1

Engaging with people and having to be upbeat and pleasant all day. For thirteen. Solid. Hours.  Please, shoot me now......

dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862498

• Like 1