Recently watched movies

5 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I don't think I could answer how many kids Benedict has at gunpoint. :P 

?????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, besleybean said:

See, maybe you guys concentrate on the important stuff!

Sadly, no. You should see the things that stick in my head. Important, no really. Random, yes. Interesting? To me. Useful? Nahhhhh.

15 hours ago, Arcadia said:

?????

Lost in translation. For sure, it has something to with BC making babies. Feel free to indulge in your own imagination. Spare me the details though. XD 

1 hour ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

You should see the things that stick in my head. Important, no really. Random, yes. Interesting? To me.

I don't have a mind palace, I have a mind midden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VBS, my mind is the same way. So is my husband’s and johnspec’s. Occasionally we will remember the important things but all the rest happen more often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Lost in translation. For sure, it has something to with BC making babies. Feel free to indulge in your own imagination. Spare me the details though. XD 

??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was about being disinterested in an actor's family life.

I provided the details, for those who wanted to know.

3 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I don't have a mind palace, I have a mind midden.

At least you don't have to dust it.

3 hours ago, SherlockedCAMPer said:

VBS, my mind is the same way. So is my husband’s and johnspec’s. Occasionally we will remember the important things but all the rest happen more often.

Yah, I desperately need to tidy up but then again, it's so much fun to visit when I want to, um, literally, take my mind off the real world, so maybe it's better this way.

11 minutes ago, besleybean said:

I thought it was about being disinterested in an actor's family life.

Yes.

She normally understands my gibberish, but something is off today. I tried to match her disfunctionality, but failed miserably :P well of course, since I am high functioning... something.

• Tongue 1

Nobody can match my dysfunctionality, I am the queen of dysfunctionality. (And my computer insists on spelling it with a "y", that's how disfunctional I am.)

But it is spelled with a ‘y’...  :blink:

That was my thought as well.

Review time:

Johnny English strikes again 6/10

This movie requires some suspension of disbelief and while I suspected who the villain was pretty quickly, it was actually quite enjoyable.

Mission impossible 4/10

It simply has too much stupidity to be enjoyable and the events of this movie are only happening because Ethan didn't kill Salomon Lane in the last movie.

The dark tower 2/10

This movie has so much cliches from both action and fantasy movies that it's simply insufferable.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

At least you don't have to dust it.

Hey, I don't *have* to dust anything!  :P  I have cats to do that for me.

The only thing I can recall dusting recently was a saucepan lid that had apparently not been used in quite some time.

15 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Nobody can match my dysfunctionality, I am the queen of dysfunctionality. (And my computer insists on spelling it with a "y", that's how disfunctional I am.)

12 hours ago, Artemis said:

But it is spelled with a ‘y’...  :blink:

12 hours ago, SherlockedCAMPer said:

That was my thought as well.

I know, but that's not how I typed it, the computer took over and I was helpless to stop it.

• Like 1

Hey, I thought using 'i' has become acceptable variant. But nevermind, Y it is, disfunctyonal!! There you go.

Caught Bad Times at El Royale.

Previously I just skipped the possibility of watching this movie because I thought it's those kind of weird, creepy, tacky movie. I think it's the title! There should be a better way to name the movie, because I was pleasantly surprised. It is a good movie.

For start, the casts are brilliant. I didn't pay attention to the names before I actually saw everyone appeared on the screen, and enjoyed how great the acting are. The actors playing the priest, the hotel (manager?) and the singer are especially great.

And the plot, it is slow burn, layer and layer being peeled, with some flashback and interesting way to frame each plot. Everything is constructed carefully, and everything has meaning. There is no problem of overcomplication yet at the same time it leaves some questions to be answered with your own imagination. There are wonderful details and answers all around.

The setting, is beautiful, the lighting, furniture pieces, choice of music, the scenery.

It was a delightful two and half hours for me. 8/10

• Thanks 1

I'd never heard of it, sounds like what we call a "Spaghetti Western." But I looked it up, and lo and behold, it's on at all the local theaters. Jeff Bridges and Chris Hemsworth, nice.

36 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Hey, I thought using 'i' has become acceptable variant. But nevermind, Y it is, disfunctyonal!! There you go.

:lol:

Disfunctyonal. Now that, the computer lets me type. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

One of these days I'll start a list of things it corrects (correctly) for me, things it "corrects" (incorrectly), and things it ignores.  I've seen it correctly correct things that look like pure gibberish to me -- but then I've seen it bewildered by a misspelt word where the only error was that I hit the key right next to the one I meant.

• Like 2

To add to the weirdity … I don't know if anyone noticed, but it "corrected" dysfunctionality, but not disfunctional.  Although it flags that as misspelled, but doesn't auto-correct it. Make up your mind, computer!

Ooooo, I just heard an owl. Cool.

• Like 1

I’ve always ignored spell checkers, I’m a better editor than my computer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

I’ve always ignored spell checkers, I’m a better editor than my computer.

I like the spell checker on my laptop -- it's there if I want it, but doesn't interfere.

I don't even so much mind the auto-correct on my phone, because it's usually right and i know I don't always hit the right keys (since they're smaller than my fingers).  It's the eager-beaver auto-complete that I'd like to turn off!  But I'm not sure that's possible.

• Like 1

More often than not it seems to me that spell checkers tend to correct things that aren't incorrect in the first place, so I find them more of a nuisance than a help.

• Like 1

I'm a good speller in general, but there are a few words that I'm never quite sure of.  So I'm perfectly happy to have them flagged in my laptop.  I do wish my phone had selectable options, though -- I'd opt for just displaying its guesses but doing nothing unless I tap on one of them.