"Sherlock" actors we've seen elsewhere

Carol the Dabbler

Sorry, the Queen bit is part of the whole package, due to a joke in the original book (about all tapes in cars morphing into Best of Queen after 2 weeks, iirc), and I for one was quite happy that (what remains of) Queen consented to the use of their songs. If it helps, if you're not a fan you won't even notice much of it - like, a brass band playing in the background during one scene on a Sunday, and the tune is "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon", which is among Queen's more obscure songs.

• Thanks 1

It reminded me a bit of Hitchhiker's Guide in its overall feel, if you've seen that.  Maybe a little less ridiculous and over the top, but similar feel to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Caya said:

the tune is "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon", which is among Queen's more obscure songs.

I was going to say, "oh good, that's one of Queen's songs I actually like," when I suddenly realized … no, that was the Kinks. Wrong generation! :D 

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 1:27 AM, Caya said:

[Good Omens is] a bit hard to describe if you never read any Pratchett or Gaiman, and "quite British", while accurate, won't help you much, huh? :smile: It's a loving tribute to a dearly missed friend, with a lot of attention to the smallest details, very quirky humor and a cast that knocks it out of the park. And the best Queen soundtrack since Flash Gordon (yes, better than Highlander :P).

On 8/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Caya said:

... if you're not a fan you won't even notice much of it - like, a brass band playing in the background during one scene on a Sunday, and the tune is "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon", which is among Queen's more obscure songs.

Thanks, that's gives me a pretty good idea, since I have read one of Pratchett's best-known books, namely [lemme look up the title] The Colour of Magic.  And I'm relieved to hear that the music is incorporated subtly into the plot, rather than blaring mindlessly throughout, as with some recent films.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, sittything said:

It reminded me a bit of Hitchhiker's Guide in its overall feel, if you've seen that.  Maybe a little less ridiculous and over the top, but similar feel to it.

That's what I was thinking after reading Caya's description, so it's good to have a confirmation.

OK, if Good Omens ever becomes available in a DVD, I'll give serious thought to acquiring it.

• Like 2

Let's see if I manage to embed this (if not, follow this link or take it from me that it'll be out on Nov 5 on DVD/BluRay):

• Thanks 1