studyinsherlock

Which cast/crew member is most like Sherlock in real life?

Wow.

Ummmm ... Martin? Because The Moftisses said he and Ben's personalities were the opposite of the characters they're playing? :smile:

That's about as far as my familiarity with any of their personalities takes me, I'm afraid. But Sherlock's so unique, it's hard for me to imagine anyone being like him.

Oh, and by the way.... welcome to the forum! :welcome:

• Like 2

Hello, studyinsherlock -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

I think the answer depends partly on which aspect of Sherlock one is talking about.  For example, Benedict Cumberbatch is most like him in physical appearance!  :D

• Like 2

:lol5: Point taken!

Which one is most like Sherlock himself, or which one is most like the character he/she plays on the show?

Either way, I'd say that MF is most like Sherlock in RL.  He seems acerbic, smart, and quick-witted, and I don't think he suffers fools gladly.  

I think that MG is most like his character, Mycroft.  At least, he's the one that I have the most trouble separating; I'll hear/read MG say things and accidentally import those into my understanding of Mycroft, and then later realize the error I've made in doing so.

• Like 2

I remember somewhere Benedict saying that when he's filming Sherlock he has to be reminded that he's not Sherlock when he's at home because he'd brought some of Sherlock's personality with him from the studio.

Welcome studyinsherlock..

I have no knowledge about the casts in real life, but I bet all my money, my friend's, family's, my neighbor's, and everyone's on the neighboring galaxies on Carol's answer.

:d