Sherlock Trivia Quiz -1

Congratulations, herseydennvar, and welcome to Sherlock Forum! :welcome:

We hope you stick around and join in the discussions!

Hi there hersey! I got 10 too. Also. :smile: Welcome and come join the fun!

Hi again! Finally had time to take the quiz, and got a 10. It's a nice mix of fairly easy questions and ones that require paying pretty close attention, so anybody who gets a 10 deserves the rank of fanatic. Welcome to the club!

Hi there! It is a fairly easy quiz for Sherlock fans. (10/10) You should try the Sherlock Hangman game, once SherlockedCamper posts her conundrum.

Yep! Dear Carol Duck, with your innate sense of humour you could easily fit into the Disney family of that name! If we weren't fans, we wouldn't frequent such places as this, of untidy habits and questionable morals, to use TAB!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously! Both ACD and Dr Watson are of Scottish decent. Plus, you are a true fan, according to dear Carol's definition. Congratulations!

10 hear as well. It was pretty easy. Now to think about what to post for Hangman when I get back to my computer now that I can't claim to be that busy.

• Like 1

Pretty easy for us, yeah, but it looks pretty challenging for someone who merely loves the show.  I mean, I love Monk, but if I took a Monk quiz of that level, I'd be lucky to get a six.  I haven't memorized Monk!

• 3 months later...

You posted the same quiz last October, Hersey, but don't worry -- we've all done that, and besides, we have a whole lot of new members since then, so now they can give it a try!

I am surprised herseydennvar. Your nickname is Turkish.

Are you Turk?

I hope you are Turk because my English very bad, i can want your help.

Nice to meet you and welcome.

I am surprised herseydennvar. Your nickname is Turkish

What does it mean? (My Turkish is absolutely dreadful!)

• 8 months later...

Apparently this quiz had a part two! And I got one answer wrong, I'm so ashamed.........

https://quizforfan.com/sherlock-trivia-quiz-2/

Apparently this quiz had a part two! And I got one answer wrong, I'm so ashamed.........

https://quizforfan.com/sherlock-trivia-quiz-2/

Which one did you miss (or do they tell you)?

The self-service checkout. I had a brain lapse and put "ATM" instead, even though I DO know the difference. But in my defense, if they'd called it a chip 'n' PIN machine like they should have, I would have got it. I think. Pretty sure. Maybe?

(Just to show you how my brain is working these days ... first I typed "chap and PIN", then corrected it to "chirp and PIN". Apparently my brain is determined to be punny today.)

• Like 1

I got 9 in the first one (I must admit one was a bit of a guess as I couldn’t remember the answer). I got 8 in the second one but it didn’t tell me which ones I got wrong.

I’d have accepted 17 out of 20 though (without the lucky guess it should have been 16.)

I can’t compete with all you proper Sherlock experts though

Those must have been awfully easy questions, because I got 15 of 16 correct!

I thought one of the "correct" answers was a bit off, though:

It asked where Holmes kept his tobacco, and the only answer that seemed even close was "in his slipper" -- but that's not quite right, is it?  He kept it in *a* Persian slipper.  *His* slippers presumably consisted of a pair, each devoid of tobacco and ready to wear.

• Like 2