Sherlock Trivia Quiz -1

Those must have been awfully easy questions, because I got 15 of 16 correct!

I thought one of the "correct" answers was a bit off, though:

It asked where Holmes kept his tobacco, and the only answer that seemed even close was "in his slipper" -- but that's not quite right, is it? He kept it in *a* Persian slipper. *His* slippers presumably consisted of a pair, each devoid of tobacco and ready to wear.

That’s a good score Carol

They should have specified that he kept his tobacco in the toe of his ‘Persian Slipper,’ and not just ‘his slipper.’

I can’t imagine anyone accepting the offer of tobacco if Holmes just took off his slipper and handed it over

• Like 2

I missed 3, I'm all puffed up about it. :smile:

I missed the qualities of a good detective and said it was a good memory (besides, that's just a matter of opinion, right? :p);  the date of the Hound legend; and Beeton's Christmas Annual. I'm a bit embarrassed about that last one because I knew the right answer but didn't think about it long enough.......

• Like 1

I missed the good detective one -- as you say it's a matter of opinion, and in this case is presumably from a Holmes quote that I don't recall.  I got the Hound one right only because all of the other options sounded kinda odd.  And I was just about to click The Strand (as I assume you did), but the date seemed off, so I read the rest of the list and did a face-palm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I got 100℅ right for both. I like this kind of quizz, as much as the "which character are you" stuff.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Here's a new quiz:

http://whatculture.com/tv/youll-never-get-100-on-this-sherlock-quiz

I took that title as a challenge, but still missed one on the first go-round.  After not seeing any answer key, I retook the test and [there's a bit of a hint in the spoiler box]

Spoiler

gave the figuratively correct answer to a question that I'd given the literally correct answer to before,

and got 'em all right that time.  The answers are there, by the way, you just have to scroll down a ways after getting your score.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:13 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Pretty easy for us, yeah, but it looks pretty challenging for someone who merely loves the show.  I mean, I love Monk, but if I took a Monk quiz of that level, I'd be lucky to get a six.  I haven't memorized Monk!

Just to test that hypothesis, I took a Monk trivia quiz, and scored 8 of 10 -- but my score would have been a lot lower if I'd answered only the questions that I actually knew the answers to.

Meaning, I take it, that you're a good guesser? :smile:

I missed the same one you did, but I don't think it should count because we are right and they are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. How dare they! The fiends! I think I should go on social media and raise a stink about it. Oh, wait... :blush: 

On 11/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

my score would have been a lot lower if I'd answered only the questions that I actually knew the answers to.

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Meaning, I take it, that you're a good guesser?

Partly lucky and partly able to deduce the most likely answer.  Is that the same as being a good guesser?

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

I missed the same one you did, but I don't think it should count because we are right and they are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

My thoughts exactly.   :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Partly lucky and partly able to deduce the most likely answer.  Is that the same as being a good guesser?

I guess. 😛 

I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago with a sore throat which quickly transformed into a sinus infection (which I never get! 😞 Oh well, at least it's not bronchitis. Yet.). Thought I was better today, but now I'm hacking my lungs out. Off in search of hot tea and other chemicals. Laterz!

• Sad 2