The Political Thread

I keep wondering; why Charlottesville? It's hardly an enclave of racist activity, they'd have been better off further south. Richmond comes to mind. :P

Okay, I sort of found the answer, although it's mostly speculation: this is their third rally there. At the first one, the police declared it an "unlawful assembly" and arrested a few folks, so Spencer, their leader, vowed to come back again and again in revenge. http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/nation/2017/08/12/why-charlottesville-ground-zero-white-supremacists/562088001/

Charlottesville is, like, one of the most liberal cities in the country (big college town), that's why I was puzzled.

Watching him self-destruct further and further with his comments and remove all doubt about his level of awareness and intelligence, I keep wondering when people with actual power to do something will say enough is enough.

I thought he could be the media and catalyst for all these idiocy, but have to admit it is so close to the most pessimistic prediction that I had and thought it was just me being unreasonably worried.

This is absurd.

But at the very least I'm glad to see a lot of people stand up for this.

Can't understand why there are still people who think that skin color could make you superior, unless there are indication that they could ride dragon instead of not even have ability above buying Home Depot's Tiki torch.

Would like to see all these superior whites live among their own only and sever all ties with everyone else. I want to see how superior they actually are. Morons.

• Like 1

As disgusting and infuriating as this whole thing has been, I can't help but wonder if it's actually a good thing to have it all come out. I'm hoping some of those people who voted for Trump but don't really follow him will finally realize what an utter toad he is. Although ... I've noticed all my Republican friends on Facebook have either resorted to posting fluffy animal pictures, or simply gone silent.

Either way, I have to imagine it's getting harder every day for them to simply ignore what a sorry excuse for a human being Donald Trump really is.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/read-the-transcript-of-donald-trumps-jaw-dropping-press-conference.html GREAT, just what we needed victim blaming :eyeroll:

And you know things are messed up when even freaking Mitt Romney has more sense than the US president

f621434da248980c81f007ec421df8a1.jpg

• Like 1

No, I doubt he even remembers Melania exists half the time. The internet is already speculating on who will be next ... I admit I've never heard of this guy: https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Sebastian+Gorka+White+House&qpvt=Sebastian+Gorka+White+House&FORM=EWRE

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/25/donald-trump-joe-arpaio-pardon-arizona-sheriff GREAT! As if we needed more proof that he's vile piece of dung.
  • Like 1

While Houston is suffering, he did this https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/26/why-donald-trump-pardoned-joe-arpaio-arizona and this https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/27/us/politics/trump-military-equipment-police.html?mcubz=1&_r=0&referer=.

"There's a reason you separate the military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protect the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state become the people" This is a quote of a TV show, but it's still true. God, I'm so mad I need something to call me down. http://time.com/money/4908663/donald-trump-family-travel-secret-service-raise/ why am I not surprised? http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/meet-nemo-french-president-emmanuel-macron-dog-article-1.3451699 awww what a nice dog.

• Like 1

I can actually feel myself starting to become numb to it. 

Even my brother, who is normally the most non-political person in the world, is starting to say that only impeaching this clown can save us. I'm starting to think the same way. Normally I'm pretty moderate but this guy is a horror.

EEb3W8g.gif

Canadian citizenship is looking better all the time.

Well, congratulate me ... I now have a "friend" on Facebook accusing me of being proud for killing thousands of babies, because I posted criticism of the racist remarks of the liar in the White House.

Apparently the reasoning goes like this: If I denounce Trump (for any reason), I must be a Democrat. (I'm not.) If I'm a Democrat, I must be "pro-abortion". (I'm not. I am, however, in favor of a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.) If I'm "pro-abortion" then I must be "proud" that so many babies have "died" in the past 40 odd years. (I don't even know what to say.)

Apparently I also support harassment and bullying of students who disagree with our "leftist" educational institutions (that doesn't actually happen), and there was something in there about "illegal aliens" taking low-paying jobs just so they could stay in this country. (???? This is a problem because ... ???????)

Oh, I also support killing babies as they're being born and selling off the body parts. I assume that last part is in reference to using fetuses in research and such. What the first part refers to, I have no idea.

Wow. Just wow. Someone has really, really swallowed the Kool-Aid. I would feel honored to be the target of so much evangelistic ire if it didn't all sound so deranged. :blink:

I did vote for Hillary, but I'm not a Dem. Used to be, went to non-affiliated. But I've been voting a straight Dem ticket ever since the GOP rep in my state voted to allow kids to carry guns to school. :wacko: Decent man otherwise, but he sure drank the NRA koolaid.

Well, congratulate me ... I now have a "friend" on Facebook accusing me of being proud for killing thousands of babies, because I posted criticism of the racist remarks of the liar in the White House.

Apparently the reasoning goes like this: If I denounce Trump (for any reason), I must be a Democrat. (I'm not.) If I'm a Democrat, I must be "pro-abortion". (I'm not. I am, however, in favor of a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.) If I'm "pro-abortion" then I must be "proud" that so many babies have "died" in the past 40 odd years. (I don't even know what to say.)

Apparently I also support harassment and bullying of students who disagree with our "leftist" educational institutions (that doesn't actually happen), and there was something in there about "illegal aliens" taking low-paying jobs just so they could stay in this country. (???? This is a problem because ... ???????)

Oh, I also support killing babies as they're being born and selling off the body parts. I assume that last part is in reference to using fetuses in research and such. What the first part refers to, I have no idea.

Wow. Just wow. Someone has really, really swallowed the Kool-Aid. I would feel honored to be the target of so much evangelistic ire if it didn't all sound so deranged. :blink:

Arcadia: First, a virtual hug from me. Second, defriend this person on FB and block on other social media. Third, remember that only a minority actually voted for the current government and there will be another election in less than 4 years.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I have never so fervently wished for 4 years of my life to fly by before. :blink: