What would you like to see invented?

Wise chicken! 

"Fear is wisdom in the face of danger. It is nothing to be ashamed of."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There is an episode in Black Mirror where they have invented a contraption to wear (by doctor) for them to feel exactly what the patients are feeling, to help with their diagnose and treatment.

I'd like to see that it comes true, well, not going to say what happens in the episode, but used right, this could be very helpful not only for human.

My dog was suffering from a pain, which we couldn't really pinpoint what and where, it's not very bad, hopefully, and haven't come back for awhile now. But I really wish that he could communicate what he was feeling and how I want the ability to transfer the pain to me, or the very least, know what is going on. And this would be very helpful. I think it's possible though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I really wish that he could communicate what he was feeling ....

There are some people who seem to be able to do that.  It doesn't seem possible, but our vet recommended one such "animal communicator" to us when one of our cats had some mysterious condition.  She was able to tell us things that only we and the cats should have known, plus we asked her to explain to two of our cats that what they had been doing to one of our other cats was like something another cat used to do to them, that they hated -- and they never did it again.

Dunno if there are animal communicators in your area, but they can work by phone 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yah, that is wonderfully weird. I want to be one! Never heard of it though, or being recommended. The skeptic in me is struggling, but of course I believe the testimony of a fellow forum member that I know nothing about in real life.  :P(hey, really guys, I believe what I read here more than people in my RL, although it's selective). But I have heard my share about strange things, so I don't see why this is not possible.

But yah, if only there are ways to transfer pain. I found many times I do wish that I could absorb my love one's misery when they are in pain, with confident thought that I'd be more durable, and selfish reason that then it doesn't have to be double pain because I hate to see them suffer. In more selfish reason, I also want an invention which I could absorb people's skill through a contraption. XD Suddenly, out of nowhere, I attach some kind of giant suction cup to your head, and when you look around, you'd find me grinning, but please be patient, no harm would be done. It's more like a copy paste than a cut and paste. Consider it charity. 

P.S. I think the old version of The Sims I used to play has something like that, but they are stealing people's skill, which I don't mind either, but I'd only do that to evil people. Of course, I determine what is considered evil people. For example, I'd like to take the ability of speaking from nasty people, or the ability to use hand for people who throw their garbage out of the car haphazardly. Too much?? Naaaaaah.

I think it would be awesome to be able to communicate with animals. I'd tell that pretty deer it's okay to be in the yard as long as it leaves the hosta alone, for example. There's lots more to eat out there, that shouldn't be too much to ask....

• Like 2

Well that is all that you ask????

Tsk.. tsk...

I would ask the deers and other animals to watch Sherlock with me,

or maybe,

we could discuss a plan to take over the world and only keep least irritating humans.

Nah, I just want animals to do their thing. Unless their thing is biting me, then I want them to go pester somebody else.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I want force field invented. We can choose to activate it at home, with the ability of letting the wind goes through.

A lot of problem with people abusing and abandoning animal here is, sadly, neighbors. People live in close proximity, side by side, and there are more than a fair share of clash regarding animal noises, teritories or irresponsible owners, from little stuff to serious and deadly consequences.  I'm lucky my neighbors are all good.

How nice would it be if there is force field to protect us from outside and vice versa, physically and noise purposes. One, there shouldn't be reason for animal abuses, and two, I could sing my heart out without killing anyone's appetite.

Not sure how a force field would stop animal abuse. Maybe what you really need is one of these: QZ9Riy7.gif

• 3 weeks later...

To all seriousness, I think it would.

Have seen too many cases of neighbor threatening others because they are unhappy with the pets. Here, we live closely side by side, way too close to the point of having the wall touching the other or even sharing it. The source of complains was noise, poop, and wandering into other's yard (which is a merely small patch of green).

I had neighbor's duck and chicken wander into my yard, which I welcomed, and stalked by a Siberian Husky, and a really big Golden Retriever who refused to move, which there is basically nothing I could do other than petting him (not complaining). My neighbor were pretty cool when I first adopted my dog and he yelled for 48 hours, but in my previous place, a neighbor's dog had been poisoned, so did a puppy from a eatery I used to patron. Noise is likely the problem, I am not sure, but space had been invaded, that is sure. When I had my summer holiday with family last year, me and sis-in-law stayed up late to help a stray cat mother delivered her babies, and it happened often, so we forked out money to sterilize her. She was just having her good life and suddenly turned up dead. Several other dead strays in that area were poisoned as well.

Just two days ago, she got one of neighbors posting a threat in their community group for strays because apparently some pooped in his garden. 

Beside poisoning, physical and verbal abuse is not uncommon. I had said and am saying it again, some people deserved to be thrown to space.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Have seen too many cases of neighbor threatening others because they are unhappy with the pets. Here, we live closely side by side, way too close to the point of having the wall touching the other or even sharing it. The source of complains was noise, poop, and wandering into other's yard

I take it then that your force field would be sound-proof as well as dog-proof?  (So it would be even better than a fence.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:48 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

I take it then that your force field would be sound-proof as well as dog-proof?  (So it would be even better than a fence.)

Yes, sound proof and unauthorized human or animals couldn't access it.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, Van Buren Supernova said:

Noise is likely the problem, I am not sure, but space had been invaded, that is sure.

What I meant with this, is that the evil culprits actually throw poisonous food to the yard of dogs they targeted. So the force field is more like a protection for the victims, with added advantages of eliminating the cause of conflicts. To be fair, there are many irresponsible dog owners too, who let their animals wonder without regards to their neighbors. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Prosthetics is getting more and more advanced nowadays.

If, one day, money no object, and technology is already there, would you guys consider getting an extra limb? 

I have thought about this, and yes, I want third hand. First reason, there are quite a number of thing that I do that could use a third hand. It would also be practical if the extra limb is as strong as strong man in case someone want to harm me, and I could choose hairy skin for it, to put it hanging out on the window of the car so noone would be tempted to approach or mess with me. (being able to change skin into terrifying looking man when needed has always been my fantasy since it's very inconvenient to look like harmless woman most of my life).

In other words, I am for it, we might become android human hybrid in the future anyway.😋

19 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I want third hand. First reason, there are quite a number of thing that I do that could use a third hand.

Me too!  There have been so many times when I wanted to do detailed work on some teeny little thing, so I needed one hand to hold the teeny little thing, one hand to hold the tool, and one hand to hold a magnifying glass so I can see what I'm doing.  Of course I could just buy one of those big lighted magnifiers on an adjustable arm, but where's the fun in that?

One day my brother already had his hands full when someone asked him for help.  He was apparently torn between saying "I don't have three hands" and "I only have two hands," but what came out was "I only have three hands."  You might want to consult him for advice on your own quest for a third hand.

Sure! But before that I believe you know how he looks like and able to answer about the location of the third hand. Is it attached to the spine, on the forehead or merely branched from the other hand? I can't decide which one is more photogenic. Personally, I don't mind having the setup like Dr. Octopus.

To be perfectly honest, I've never actually seen his third hand.  It's presumably hidden by his clothing, so clearly not sprouting from his forehead.  Could be either an extra branch from one arm, or else directly attached to his spine.  I would ask, but whenever I mention it, he seems embarrassed.  However you have the great advantage of NOT being his big sister, so I suspect he would be flattered by your genuine scientific interest and would gladly answer your questions.

• Haha 1