Episode 4.3 "The Final Problem"

Undead Medic

What did you think of "The Final Problem?"  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Add your vote here:

• 10/10 Excellent.
    • 9/10 Not quite the best, but not far off.
    • 8/10 Certainly worth watching again.
    • 7/10 Slightly above the norm.
    • 6/10 Average.
    • 5/10 Slightly sub-par.
    • 4/10 Decidedly below average.
    • 3/10 Pretty Poor.
    • 2/10 Bad.
    • 1/10 Awful.

Well there is no proof that he was "seriously dwelling" on it, heck, he could have just been acting/biding time while he ran through a million scenarios in his head. Poor Sherlock was traumatized and confused. Ultimately, what matters is that his decision was that he would rather sacrifice his own life than kill John OR Mycroft, and that is very loving, and noble.

There is no proof? Really? Sherlock is aiming at Mycroft from 1:07:04 to 1:07:50. Then again from 1:07:59 to 1:08:38. Pulls the safety switch off at 1:08:12 while aiming. Asks where to shoot - "Where do you suggest?". And only when he realises he can't do it, feels disgusted with oneself and says: "it took her just five minutes to do all of this to us".

And biding time? He thinks there's a girl on the plane about to crash. More like wasting time.

But that's only proof that he was pointing the gun at Mycroft, not that he was seriously considering pulling the trigger. What I got out of that was that he was frantically searching for a way out, as Redbeard said. And he found it.

I was one of those left with the impression that John did move back to 221B.  My reasons were that I thought in canon John actually does move back in with Sherlock after the death of Mary Morstan, I thought there were no more scenes of John's house once they watched the video, the video that called them "the Baker St. Boys", and at one time I thought John came in with a suitcase but in retrospect it just may have been a diaper bag or something lol.  I'd have to watch it all again.  It's fine either way, though, I'm just happy they are partners again.

Maybe one of the canon experts can step in here and verify this, but my memory is that Watson only moved back in with Holmes after he had retired.

But there's another point in this article that captured me: the author says that, if I have well understood, that Eurus was trying to fix in Sherlock what she broke many years before: the ability to love. So, it seems that, in a particular and perverse way, Eurus is trying to help Sherlock, she seems to love him as his brother. That's so interesting. She kills people, she manipulates them, but she is trying to save Sherlock....What do you guys think about it?

I'm still thinking about that one. She's presented as someone who can't distinguish between one emotion and the other, so why would she care about saving Sherlock? But at the same time, that is sort of what happens.

I would prefer, however, that Sherlock saves himself, by rejecting both Mycroft's and Eurus's paths in life, and finding his own way. But I haven't decided yet if the text supports that outcome. As has been noted earlier, Sherlock seems to mostly react, rather than take charge, in this episode. More rewatches called for! :smile:

• Like 1

And this one, by the same person, about the "I love you," scene.

http://bassfanimation.tumblr.com/post/155947842081/i-love-you-a-mans-perspective

I agree with her, I would love to have more of the male perspective on this show. Tim? Alex?

This scene is fascinating and I need to rewatch.  So Molly tells Sherlock to say it first, so Sherlock says it.  Then she says "say it like you mean it", he tries again to put some feeling into it to say it like he means it, but then he seems sort of surprised and confused as he's saying it, as though halfway through he realizes that maybe he really does mean it...or maybe that was just his way of believably acting like he really meant it after all?   And why did Molly want to hear him say it?  Does she think its going to be fake and that's okay she just wants to hear it from him, however hollow, or does she think deep down he really does love her and she can force him to admit it?  

• Like 1

But that's only proof that he was pointing the gun at Mycroft, not that he was seriously considering pulling the trigger. What I got out of that was that he was frantically searching for a way out, as Redbeard said. And he found it.

If pulling off the safety switch and asking where to shoot is not a proof then i am short for words. Also for me Cumbervatch's acting was giving the perception of despaire and Sherlock actually considering the opportunity of shooting.

You say Sherlock was frantically searching for a way out. And he found it. I agree. But i would feel much better if he had done it without pointing the gun at Mycroft. As i said took something from the character.

I think she wants to hear him say it so that she can let herself believe, just for that split second, that it's true, how he would sound if he did say it to her genuinely. I think a lot of the way he says it is just his acting skills, how to make it sound true, though I think he does love her though only platonically. 

I don't know why there has been so much discussion of Molly being ok afterwards as that means she's pathetic. Obviously they would have talked about it, and once Sherlock explained he had to do it to save her life (needlessly as it happens), well, it's pretty hard not to forgive it.

I quite liked seeing her in her kitchen with no one else around, it's interesting seeing characters being on their own and how they are with no one else to affect them (like Mycroft with the film). Molly looks like a woman who has had a long and shitty day, she's got her own life after all, and though she may be in love with Sherlock he's only a very small part of it. I think she also knows what Sherlock is like, that the reality of being with him would be very different from any romantic fantasies she might have - let's not forget how high and seemingly out of control he was in the last episode, who would want a boyfriend like that?

I'm still a bit confused how much Mrs Hudson was complicit in that whole episode, even if she saw the full DVD at the end of TST I can't think she would be really be okay with Sherlock taking that many drugs - he could have gone after Culverton and put himself in harms way without getting high. 

• Like 1

And this one, by the same person, about the "I love you," scene.

http://bassfanimation.tumblr.com/post/155947842081/i-love-you-a-mans-perspective

I agree with her, I would love to have more of the male perspective on this show. Tim? Alex?

Her husband articulated exactly how I felt about that scene and I think BC's portrayal conveys how her husband viewed Sherlock. I wish I was as articulate as that!

Thinking Sherlock and Molly actually entered a relationship is interesting though. That thought never entered my mind but is thus far the only explanation I've read that fits why she's be so happy at the end. Have we ever seen her so happy on the show?

Hm, well this is my first foray into this thread (aside from anything transferred from other threads), and you'll have to forgive me for being long and reiterating things because there is no way I have time to catch up on 23 pages of comments. I will go back and read a few, but I don't want my initial opinions swayed so I'll do that after this.

About time you showed up! :D

*I don't like the idea that everything Sherlock is now is based on his memories of Euros. That makes it seem like he's not a real person at all, that everything he is is some fake facade, which makes me a bit iffy.

Yes, this is a bit of a sticking point for me as well. Really, the person we've come to know is all the result of a psychological disorder, and now he's healed? So I prefer to think that Mycroft simply got that point wrong. Which is possible; I think it's been pretty well demonstrated throughout the series that Mycroft doesn't "read" Sherlock as well as he thinks he does, because he doesn't take emotions into account. That's my working theory, anyway. :smile:

*Not keen on pirate Sherlock, and the very over the top leap from the cabin with his coat flaring out Batman style. Not sure if that was meant to be so over the top to be funny or not.

Neither; I read it as Sherlock being deliberately funny. Oh, you mean the flaring coat? Pure romanticism, imo. I love it.

*The brainwashing thing... I liked the fact Euros was in charge of the entire establishment, but the brainwashing idea strikes me as a bit stupid. Not keen on that part of the plot at all.

This is another one I'm still processing. Are we to believe that she brainwashed everyone? Or just the Governor, and that's how she got control of the place, by getting him to give her control. The other people there didn't realize she was actually the one in charge .... ??? Not sure, more rewatches!

*The thing about Euros making Sherlock laugh/scream all night - what exactly was she doing to him?! Surely he wouldn't scream all night because Victor had gone missing, screaming implies she was doing something much more immediate.

This is another one I don't take too literally. The parents; why would they have let the screaming go on all night? Or Mycroft, if he was the only one there at the time? Or the staff, if none of the rest of the family was there? Surely the family didn't all go off and leave two small children alone in the house all  night.

So I've finally decided that Eurus is simply exaggerating there; using "all night" to mean "a long time." My mother talks that way; "There's nothing to eat in this house!" is her way of saying she can't find anything she wants to eat. Drives me nutz. :smile: As to what Eurus was doing that made Sherlock scream, I think maybe I'd rather not know. :unsure: Although I suppose it could be something as simple as pulling the heads off all his action toys.

*I don't understand why Euros has it in for Sherlock so much more than Mycroft. Mycroft is the one who has kept her prisoner, Sherlock doesn't even remember her, and that alone seems like a bit of an extreme reason to hate him.

Another one I'm still processing. I wondered the same thing, until other people started suggesting that he was her favorite and she just wanted to play with him, not that she was out to get him. But she's so warped she doesn't know the difference? She's really acting out of love but doesn't know it? Urgh. But the idea intrigues me, and is starting to make more sense to me. More rewatching required.....

*I don't get why Euros, who was cold and intelligent enough to plan all that out years in advance would then have some breakdown at the end and turn catatonic. It's a bit of an anti-climax, they would have been better off killing her in a blaze of glory, she wouldn't plan all that just to give up at the end.

Another one I'm not sure that's what is actually happening, although it sure looks like it. Ugh, if so.

Re: John living in 221B, I think that's left ambiguous so you can believe whatever you choose.

Same here. In fact, I think everything's left up in the air, except for John and Sherlock's friendship, which is the only thing that really matters to most people anyway. I thought they even left room for the Johnlock shippers.

I did love John in this episode; he was finally back to being the friend I wanted him to be for Sherlock; watching his back, bucking him up, defending him. And John seemed happy to be in that role, which was nice.

I think she wants to hear him say it so that she can let herself believe, just for that split second, that it's true, how he would sound if he did say it to her genuinely. I think a lot of the way he says it is just his acting skills, how to make it sound true, though I think he does love her though only platonically.

I don't know why there has been so much discussion of Molly being ok afterwards as that means she's pathetic. Obviously they would have talked about it, and once Sherlock explained he had to do it to save her life (needlessly as it happens), well, it's pretty hard not to forgive it.

I quite liked seeing her in her kitchen with no one else around, it's interesting seeing characters being on their own and how they are with no one else to affect them (like Mycroft with the film). Molly looks like a woman who has had a long and shitty day, she's got her own life after all, and though she may be in love with Sherlock he's only a very small part of it. I think she also knows what Sherlock is like, that the reality of being with him would be very different from any romantic fantasies she might have - let's not forget how high and seemingly out of control he was in the last episode, who would want a boyfriend like that?

I'm still a bit confused how much Mrs Hudson was complicit in that whole episode, even if she saw the full DVD at the end of TST I can't think she would be really be okay with Sherlock taking that many drugs - he could have gone after Culverton and put himself in harms way without getting high.

I would have agreed with the interpretation of the simple platonic love that people mention if it did not precede the coffin smashing. If it were that simple, the coffin would still be together.

Mrs Hudson is definitely a character that doesn't take things too seriously so I thought it was consistent with what they've shown over the years.

• Like 1

This is another one I'm still processing. Are we to believe that she brainwashed everyone? Or just the Governor, and that's how she got control of the place, by getting him to give her control. The other people there didn't realize she was actually the one in charge .... ??? Not sure, more rewatches!

But when she jumps on Sherlock and screams to be stopped, and then tells them not to stop her, they seem to listen. They do seem to stop. 

Same here. In fact, I think everything's left up in the air, except for John and Sherlock's friendship, which is the only thing that really matters to most people anyway. I thought they even left room for the Johnlock shippers.

Me too, I can see that montage at the end being taken in a Johnlocky way, why is why I was so surprised by the debate (?) in the Johnlock thread. 

I can't believe I waited this long to pipe up either - I'm slacking obviously. ;)

• Like 1

*I don't understand why Euros has it in for Sherlock so much more than Mycroft. Mycroft is the one who has kept her prisoner, Sherlock doesn't even remember her, and that alone seems like a bit of an extreme reason to hate him.

I don't think she hates him. She never had a chance to grow up, so basically she's still a little girl who wants her brother to play with her. I think there is a hint in the story and the deduction about the grave inscriptions that says to me, if Sherlock was able to solve the puzzle, get the message, and do what he has done now, she would "help him to save his friend" back then. But he failed, so probably he feels guilty about Victor's death.

Talking about it: did anyone understood the thing with the gravestones? How the puzzle was included there and how the heck the inscriptions didn't make sense. If it was a false memory, Sherlock wouldn't come back to the graveyard to look at them.

Plus - noone seems to mention the title of the movie Myc was watching. Any clues?

But that's only proof that he was pointing the gun at Mycroft, not that he was seriously considering pulling the trigger. What I got out of that was that he was frantically searching for a way out, as Redbeard said. And he found it.

Yes there was an urgency of a ghost plane going to crash on London, that needed Sherlock's attention. Actually this was hard to watch for me. My goldfish pillow has bruises from me squeezing it so hard.

• Like 1

It was the dates on the gravestones that didn't make sense, I think Nemo would have died when was 200 or so according to the dates on his stone. How they formed a coded message I don't know though, I didn't look into it closely, I just sat back and watched Sherlock do the work. ;)

Another one I'm still processing. I wondered the same thing, until other people started suggesting that he was her favorite and she just wanted to play with him, not that she was out to get him. But she's so warped she doesn't know the difference? She's really acting out of love but doesn't know it? Urgh. But the idea intrigues me, and is starting to make more sense to me. More rewatching required.....

My theory on that is that she always felt closer to Sherlock than Mycroft. With the age difference in between being much smaller, I guess there was a lot more immediate jealousy that he was ignoring her so obviously. From Mycroft describtions he clearly took an interest in his little sister, talking to her and trying to understand her, even though he was disturbed by her actions, whereas Sherlock basically just ignored her, since he had his own friend, a boy his own age. So I guess his sister would have been entirely not interesting to him, which since she doesn't seem to have developed emotionally in her relationship to Sherlock very much since that age, is a pretty good reason to have a much bigger grudge as well as longing for him than Mycroft.

In addition Mycroft seems to have visited her quite a lot since he's been in a position of power and in an odd way cared for her by keeping her save from the world as well as her own actions. At least that's probably how he would see it. Yes, he is absoultely terrified of her but he also seems somewhat concerned about her well being. Therefore she would have got a fair bit of attention from him and although she might be angry for being locked up, it wouldn't nearly be as bad as her frustration of Sherlock ignoring her, worse forgetting her entirely for more or less her entire life. At least that's the most reasonable explanation as I can come up with.

• Like 1

But that's only proof that he was pointing the gun at Mycroft, not that he was seriously considering pulling the trigger. What I got out of that was that he was frantically searching for a way out, as Redbeard said. And he found it.

If pulling off the safety switch and asking where to shoot is not a proof then i am short for words. Also for me Cumbervatch's acting was giving the perception of despaire and Sherlock actually considering the opportunity of shooting.

You say Sherlock was frantically searching for a way out. And he found it. I agree. But i would feel much better if he had done it without pointing the gun at Mycroft. As i said took something from the character.

Well, he was being observed, his every move scrutinized so what was he supposed to do?  He has to take the gun.  He has to point it.  After what happened in the previous rooms he would know Eurus would likely kill both Mycroft and John right there to punish Sherlock for not doing as instructed.  He had to do something, he had to be convincing, he had to play the game until he figured out what to do.  Was the despair legit, absolutely I am sure it was.  I also think he probably knew quite quickly that he would choose to kill himself over either of them, he was just desperately trying to think of something, anything else in the short time he had.  He knew Eurus would be growing impatient and he ran out of time and so was willing to just take the bullet. It is okay if it took something away from the character for you, we all can have different perspectives. 

• Like 2

I read the coffin smash as just being a result of his anger and fear at having his friends used against him. Molly is one of the few people he genuinely feels something for and as far as he knows he's just irreparably damaged his relationship with her. Now to mention he has a gun with one bullet and it's pretty obvious that he's going to be made to kill either Mycroft or John pretty soon. I also wonder if, somewhere subconsciously, he knows what she did to his last friend, and now here she is systematically destroying every connection he has all over again. 

• Like 2

I don't think she hates him. She never had a chance to grow up, so basically she's still a little girl who wants her brother to play with her. I think there is a hint in the story and the deduction about the grave inscriptions that says to me, if Sherlock was able to solve the puzzle, get the message, and do what he has done now, she would "help him to save his friend" back then. But he failed, so probably he feels guilty about Victor's death.

That's why i was frustrated Sherlock hadn't gotten Eurus out of Sherrinford at the end. When those two violins were playing i was kinda expecting something crazy to happen like Sherlock blowibg up a wall in Eurus's cell. And them running away. Mission impossible style. Though i've got no supporters in Europe it seems. Got some sopport in my country fortunately. Made me feel relieved

Well, he was being observed, his every move scrutinized so what was he supposed to do? He has to take the gun. He has to point it. After what happened in the previous rooms he would know Eurus would likely kill both Mycroft and John right there to punish Sherlock for not doing as instructed. He had to do something, he had to be convincing, he had to play the game until he figured out what to do. Was the despair legit, absolutely I am sure it was. I also think he probably knew quite quickly that he would choose to kill himself over either of them, he was just desperately trying to think of something, anything else in the short time he had. He knew Eurus would be growing impatient and he ran out of time and so was willing to just take the bullet. It is okay if it took something away from the character for you, we all can have different perspectives.

I am starting to be persuaded. Still have bitter aftertaste
  • Like 1

I read the coffin smash as just being a result of his anger and fear at having his friends used against him. Molly is one of the few people he genuinely feels something for and as far as he knows he's just irreparably damaged his relationship with her. Now to mention he has a gun with one bullet and it's pretty obvious that he's going to be made to kill either Mycroft or John pretty soon. I also wonder if, somewhere subconsciously, he knows what she did to his last friend, and now here she is systematically destroying every connection he has all over again. 

To me, that's a very big reaction to have, for having told a lie to save a friend. 

He doesn't say those words of his own accord- Molly asks him to, and he is under duress from Eurus. So, I don't personally believe Sherlock is that angry just at the fact that something emotionally messy has happened for Molly, that will need to be explained to her. 

The thing about Sherlock is he's a matter of fact guy most of the time, and he's a kind man too. If he had no interest in Molly, why not say so to her ages ago? He's always going on about being married to his work to John (well not always, but he's said it). Why not say it to her? As a friend, that would be the kind thing. I see that coffin as a sort of metaphor for the box Sherlock has put her in in his own mind, and to an extent in his life as well. It is only when he sees Eurus reducing her to that lonely mid-range coffin, that he realises he has done something similar himself. 

• Like 3

Lots of good theories here, I wish my brain worked as fast as Sherlock's! Quickly, and then I have to get to work...

I would have agreed with the interpretation of the simple platonic love that people mention if it did not precede the coffin smashing. If it were that simple, the coffin would still be together.

I read the coffin smash as just being a result of his anger and fear at having his friends used against him. Molly is one of the few people he genuinely feels something for and as far as he knows he's just irreparably damaged his relationship with her. Now to mention he has a gun with one bullet and it's pretty obvious that he's going to be made to kill either Mycroft or John pretty soon.

And there you go. Both of those make perfect sense to me. Just have to learn to live with ambiguity, I guess! :smile:

But when she jumps on Sherlock and screams to be stopped, and then tells them not to stop her, they seem to listen. They do seem to stop.

Hrm. Good point. I just don't know. Believing she's brainwashed all of them, and no one's noticed by now ... that's a bit of a stretch. But that does seem like a possible explanation. How long do we suppose she's been in charge, anyway? 

Me too, I can see that montage at the end being taken in a Johnlocky way, why is why I was so surprised by the debate (?) in the Johnlock thread.

I think it's because the TJLC believers "expected" a kiss, and didn't get it. They got ambiguity, instead, like the rest of us. At least Moftiss is an equal opportunity troll. :P

I think there is a hint in the story and the deduction about the grave inscriptions that says to me, if Sherlock was able to solve the puzzle, get the message, and do what he has done now, she would "help him to save his friend" back then. But he failed, so probably he feels guilty about Victor's death.

Yes, that is what I got out of it too; she wanted Sherlock to find Victor, that was her idea of playing.

Talking about it: did anyone understood the thing with the gravestones? How the puzzle was included there and how the heck the inscriptions didn't make sense. If it was a false memory, Sherlock wouldn't come back to the graveyard to look at them.

No, the gravestones were real, Mycroft mentioned that little Sherlock was fascinated by them. Does anyone know if maybe this is a "thing" in Britain, to have funny fake gravestones out in the front yard?

What I understood (and I could be wrong!) was that Eurus created a code based on the numbers on the stones. The key to figuring out the code was in that weird "sixteen by six" song. (I think???) The answer revealed was something like "come and find me", and once found, she would have revealed Victor's location. But what the key was, or how the code worked, I haven't a clue. I did like the way they showed him solving it, though, it's one of the few scenes in this episode that reminded me of the Sherlock we knew and loved from previous seasons.

Plus - noone seems to mention the title of the movie Myc was watching. Any clues?

I was hoping you would have found that out for us by now. :P

And may I just say, Mycroft has really lurid taste in films! :D

Yes there was an urgency of a ghost plane going to crash on London, that needed Sherlock's attention. Actually this was hard to watch for me. My goldfish pillow has bruises from me squeezing it so hard.

One thing that just occurred to me ... Sherlock's decision kept him from killing his friend and brother, but it also means that he gave up on saving the girl in the plane. Hm. Interesting.

I see that coffin as a sort of metaphor for the box Sherlock has put her in in his own mind, and to an extent in his life as well. It is only when he sees Eurus reducing her to that lonely mid-range coffin, that he realises he has done something similar himself. 

OOooooh, I really like that one! It still leaves it ambiguous what his real feelings about her are (maybe even to himself), and it harks back to TAB, where he seems to acknowledge to himself that he's been a bit of a bastard where she's concerned. But still doesn't know how to fix it.

• Like 3

Just to clarify - I don't think Sherlock's angry at lying to Molly, he's angry at having his friends used against him. This is a man who always used to keep people at arms length, and now he's softened enough to let people in it's being used as a weapon against him. 

As for why he's never told her he's not interested (as far as we know) is that she's never made a move on him (as far as we know). He only told John he wasn't interested when he thought John was propositioning him. Besides, we've seen how in past episodes he would manipulate Molly into doing what he wanted, shooting her down would work against that. 

• Like 1

BTW - continuing from what I said about existentialism, the whole episode is supposed to show us - and make us experience - the nightmare world in which Eurus is stuck (and we are all stuck in absent 'love of others' - absent that love, nothing makes a difference, which is the point of her games in Sherrinford - to show there is no difference to her - no "context" to provide difference - to make sense of it all).  It is an absurd and meaningless world (to her due to the absence of love).  THAT is the purpose of all the horror imagery and all the games Eurus plays and why we are tricked into believing Moriarty is alive, then having the rug yanked out from us (and why no explanation of how they survive the explosion or how Eurus mind-controls or how Sherlock managed such a complicated scheme at the beginning to get Mycroft to admit there is a Eurus, etc).  All of it is PURPOSEFULLY designed to make us live the world of Eurus - the bewilderment and fear and anxiety of (and anger at) an absurd world - which she seeks to escape (again to "Break Free" - to "land" etc).

• Like 3

Regarding giving up on saving the girl on the plane, I hadn't thought of it like that.  But if so I think it's poignant and rather touching that he would rather spare John and Mycroft anyway!  But instead of giving up on her maybe he just realized that logically it was going to be too late; or maybe he realized it was futile anyway, that Eurus would just randomly choose to allow the girl to live or die on a whim no matter what he did.  And then maybe he was beginning to already realize that Eurus was the girl.  Or maybe all of that going round in his head at once lol.  So many complex emotions its easy to lose count.  ;)

• Like 3

I see that coffin as a sort of metaphor for the box Sherlock has put her in in his own mind, and to an extent in his life as well. It is only when he sees Eurus reducing her to that lonely mid-range coffin, that he realises he has done something similar himself. 

OOooooh, I really like that one! It still leaves it ambiguous what his real feelings about her are (maybe even to himself), and it harks back to TAB, where he seems to acknowledge to himself that he's been a bit of a bastard where she's concerned. But still doesn't know how to fix it.

Yes, and then there is also the fact that in TAB there is something really big that he is missing when it comes to Molly.

Just to clarify - I don't think Sherlock's angry at lying to Molly, he's angry at having his friends used against him. This is a man who always used to keep people at arms length, and now he's softened enough to let people in it's being used as a weapon against him. 

To me, the thing about this theory is that it doesn't allow for the complexity of Sherlock's behaviour after Eurus makes her revelation. First he strokes the coffin, then he destroys it, and then he sits down looking ready to give up. Eurus talks about all the complicated emotions- so many she lost count- and anger at having your friends used against you is not that complicated. She specifically said to him "what have you done to yourself?". I suppose it makes a difference, how good a read you think she has on her brother? 

Again, that metaphor with the coffin- it is about what has been buried- much like the corpse that comes back in TAB, much like Eurus herself (the aeroplane is her coffin, in a way). Sherlock calls it a vivisection- so what has Eurus taken apart? To me, his reaction is that of someone who had something internal exposed that he wanted to stay buried, and I think it fits with the way the story is told, as well as the overall theme.

As for why he's never told her he's not interested (as far as we know) is that she's never made a move on him (as far as we know). He only told John he wasn't interested when he thought John was propositioning him. Besides, we've seen how in past episodes he would manipulate Molly into doing what he wanted, shooting her down would work against that. 

Yeah, I can see how more might have happened off screen. But she kind of did make a move in Scandal (he gave her a play by play account of the move she was making, in fact). I do agree that it worked for him to use her crush in season one and two, but Molly changed in season three and by the end of it she wasn't falling for any of his BS (as John put it). If anything it seems like they are better friends after that- John describes her and Sherlock spending more time together offscreen- his birthday, and when she watches him whilst he's coming off drugs. He calls her a friend himself. I don't really see him having a good reason not to set her straight at this point.

• Like 1

This is really weird scene, isn't it?

As for the film title - I will have to do it, finally, but you know - the legwork -_-

• Like 1

This is really weird scene, isn't it?

Eurus is insanely angry at Sherlock for not saving her from the existential nightmare she has been trapped in from childhood.  It is an anger based on her being tortured all her life all alone in that plane (in her room/in her cell/absent his love).  But she also realizes that Sherlock is her only salvation, so she ultimately knows she can't be allowed to kill him.  Note that all the games in Sherrinford do not put HIM in life-threatening jeopardy.  And it is only once he threatens to kill himself, thus forever trapping her in her hell, that she panics and leaps to her end game.

• Like 1

About Mycroft's movie- I looked it up and all I could find was that it was put together specially for the show and the actors in it are contemporary.