Sign in to follow this  
Ozgood

Series 5 Rumors, Speculation, and Wish Lists

Yeah, at the risk of repeating myself, I've always thought this show owed more to fantasy than to detective fiction. :smile: Which is fine by me.

Yes, I should take that on board! I guess I'm analysing way too much into the show because I write fan fiction that largely consists of writing missing scenes.... those scenes that explain how things came to be sometimes. I think there's a permanent bruise on my forehead from colliding with my keyboard on a regular basis.

For some reason the window jump doesn't bother me in the least, it's hyperbole, like Sherlock's mind palace, or his coat. Everything about the show is somewhat flamboyant, that's part of why I love it!

Flamboyant! Love it!
  • Like 2

Hi, does anyone know anything about the version of Dracula that Gatiss and Moffatt are going to do? I haven't heard anything since I first learned about it. I'm assuming that it's going to be a modern adaptation like Sherlock? I could be wrong though. If it happens and it's successful this might impact on a possible 5th series. At the very least it might push it way into the future?

I don't think they've revealed anything about it except that they're working on that instead of Sherlock. :( We're all expecting a lonnnnnng, possibly permanent hiatus ... but we don't KNOW anything because the Moftisses ain't telling. Because they love to torture us, we presume. :)

• Like 3

... or possibly because the Moftisses haven't made up their minds yet.  Or might change them in the future, after they get bored with Dracula.  Or who knows?

• Like 4

I think it's unlikely that there won't be a series 5 at some point. My only concern is that Cumberbatch might get tired of being thought of as 'Sherlock,' just as Rathbone started to resent Holmes. They certainly couldn't do another series with another actor in the role!

• Like 1

Moftiss have very explicitly said that they would never recast either Holmes or Watson.

• Like 4

Not much revealed about a potential S5 for Sherlock, but boy, I sure learned a lot about the vicious reception at home for Benedict's most recent project, The Child in Time.  People hated it.  Though I didn't read a single comment that said that *Ben* was bad.  (He is also called 'Beneduct' in the copy lol)

I have never quite been able to get used to Ben in his natural guise.  Normally I'm so fond of ginges, too.  As his natural red-headed self, BC seems younger and almost too angelic for this world.  He's adorable, but lacks the visual impact he makes as Sherl.  I think God ought to have made Ben a natural brunet.  The black hair really makes those Tessaract eyes pop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I’m not much of a film buff or tv watcher I’ve never seen Cumberbatch in anything other than Sherlock. I’d probably find it a bit weird. I’m the same with Brett and Rathbone. I’ve seen Brett in a couple of other things and he’s obviously a fine actor but I keep expecting him to break off from a line and shout “Mrs Hudson!”

Even with Rathbone, for example playing Guy Of Gisbourne In Robin Hood, I’m expecting him to instantly deduce where in Sherwood Forest Robin is hiding from the mud on Friar Tuck’s sandal.

I recall seeing Rathbone’s last but one movie ‘Hillbilly’s In A Haunted House.’ Avoid at all costs Hikari. It’s an appalling film. A pretty sad end to his career.

• Like 1

Since my earliest memories of Rathbone are of him in roles other than Holmes, I don't have too much trouble that way when I spot him in another role. But I know what you mean about Brett; everytime I see My Fair Lady, my brain goes "oh look, there's Sherlock Holmes!" :d

Cumberbatch is such a chameleon as an actor, though, that I don't have any trouble making the switch with him, either. As I think I've said before, if I weren't so aware of him from "Sherlock", I don't think I'd even realize it was the same actor in other roles.

When I see Basil Rathbone, I think "Ravenhurst!", lol.

• Like 1

Actually, I do too for a minute... :d

• Like 1

Thought of starting a Series 5 Wish List thread, then discovered that we already have one that just needs the cobwebs dusted off.

One thing I really want to see is that John has reverted to his original hair style -- bit longer, bit shorter, parted left, parted right, I don't care, but The Swoop needs to go.  I like to think it was Mary's idea, and that he kept it for a while after her passing, out of respect for her memory.  But (as Sherlock pointed out in Reichenbach), John is basically a no-nonsense kinda guy regarding his hair, so I doubt that The Swoop would last very long without Mary's encouragement and/or styling assistance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In a similar vein … my wish is for Ben to finally end up with a decent hairdo....

Let's see, what else do I wish for …

A return of The Coat. I missed it in TFP. 

The return of Nick Hurran.

Three more episodes.

• Like 3