Hi everyone :)

I started watching the show sometime last year and wow, just wow. i only had to wait a couple of months for season 4, I don't know how fans from the beginning lasted between each season haha. 

Anyways, obviously i love Moriarty haha. But what I don't like is the writers messing the character about and the fandom. Yeah, they've confirmed him dead, but honestly from watching the show, i don't trust them :'). Maybe thats just me holding out hope that he's still alive because if Sherlock can fake his death than surely Moriarty can.

mmmmmmmmmnotfair :')

I'm 18 and from the UK, probably should have started with that haha. 

Sherlock is one of my maannnnnyyyy fandoms and if i could make a living out of being a fangirl i would haha. 

Sooo here's a link to my tumblr blog if yous wanna get to know me and see what fandoms i'm in :)

http://crazydude1407.tumblr.com/

Oooo, I've also made two Sherlock fanvids if anyone wants to check them out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJMnGLUhvc&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wli_0paRikE

• Like 1

Heyyyyyy, Crazy! I don't know how we lasted between seasons either, except that we're all pretty crazy too. So obviously you came to the right place. :d Jump right in and join the fun!

Hello, Crazy!!!  :)  Don't worry, I am just as new as you are here. Welcome! I started watching Sherlock Holmes this year (and finished it, of course. I didn't search anything that had to do with the series before I finished watching the last episode of Season 4). And it is one of my fandoms, yes (but the biggest fandom I've ever had). The series helped me through really hard times. 

So, why did you like the series so much? Was it because of the logistic kind of thinking behind everything? (Considering, also, how good was everything on the show).

Forgive me if I make any mistakes in this language, I actually speak Spanish (annnnd, my cat doesn't stop bothering me  ^_^ ).

But cats are usually very helpful! :D Mine are always offering to help me use the keyboard.

My cat offers that kind of help too!!!  :D

Welcome, you two!

Thank you so much!  :)

I just realized there's this golden fish emoji:  :goldfish:  It reminds me so much of a book I read called "Out of my mind" by Shannon M. Draper. Nor that I'm changing the subject, but has anyone read it too?

I just realized there's this golden fish emoji:  :goldfish:  It reminds me so much of a book I read called "Out of my mind" by Shannon M. Draper. Nor that I'm changing the subject, but has anyone read it too?

I had never heard of that book; it sounds interesting.  I went to college with a gal who has cerebral palsy, but she's able to speak fairly well and can walk with crutches.  According to Wikipedia, the author has a daughter with cerebral palsy, so I suppose the book is fairly accurate.

• Like 1

I had never heard of that book; it sounds interesting.  I went to college with a gal who has cerebral palsy, but she's able to speak fairly well and can walk with crutches.  According to Wikipedia, the author has a daughter with cerebral palsy, so I suppose the book is fairly accurate.

It's nice to know that this young woman was able to speak and walk with crutches: for having cerebral palsy, it is like a gift. I am very happy for her. 

Yes, it is very accurate, from the point of view of an eleven-year-old girl. But, on the book itself, it says that the author does not have a daughter with cerebral palsy, that the fact is a popular belief, so I don't know what to believe   :/  

The book is very interesting, yes, and one of my favorites. It's worth reading a lot also, so I highly recommend it. 

Hello. I'm a Mycroft lover and my ship is Mystrade. I love the show. I first read ACDs work when I was fifteen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I have read that a lot of people ship Mystrade, but why?  ^_^  I would really like to know. And what do you think, or what did you think about ACDs works when you were fifteen?  :)

It's nice to know that this young woman was able to speak and walk with crutches: for having cerebral palsy, it is like a gift. I am very happy for her. 

Yes, it is very accurate, from the point of view of an eleven-year-old girl. But, on the book itself, it says that the author does not have a daughter with cerebral palsy, that the fact is a popular belief, so I don't know what to believe   :/  

The book is very interesting, yes, and one of my favorites. It's worth reading a lot also, so I highly recommend it.

Cerebral palsy simply means damage to the parts of the brain that control conscious physical movement.  Some people have very little damage and therefore a very mild form of the condition, while others can have extensive damage and a very severe form, or anywhere between, and there may or may not also be damage to the "thinking" parts of the brain.  The gal I mentioned has a college degree and even drives a car (with hand controls instead of foot pedals).

The Wikipedia page says the author has a daughter, but does not give her name, which I thought was odd, considering that the author's son is listed by name.  I think I'd believe the author.  But that leaves me wondering how she happened to think of writing that book.  It must have taken a lot of research.

You might also be interested in reading an older (nonfiction) book called Karen.  It was written in 1952 by Karen's mother, Marie Killilea, from the mother's perspective.  Last I heard Karen was working as a receptionist, though she may have retired by now.

Hello. I'm a Mycroft lover and my ship is Mystrade. I love the show. I first read ACDs work when I was fifteen.

Hey! I have read that a lot of people ship Mystrade, but why?  ^_^  I would really like to know. And what do you think, or what did you think about ACDs works when you were fifteen?  :)

Bizarrely, as they've never really been onscreen together I just feel they would work well as a couple. Both Greg and Mycroft are broken people.

You especially see that of Mycroft in the final problem. And as Greg agreed to look out for him it cemented it in my mind. I also admit to having a crush on Mark Gatiss and Rupert Graves so that helps too.

I picked up a copy of the complete Sherlock Holmes Stories by ACD at a church sale. It was an old book and had that lovely old book smell. I loved reading the stories and still do. They took me out of myself and let me into another world. I still have the book and it will be one I will keep.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Belated welcome to the Sherlock Forum!  :wave: