Hikari

The 'Other Detectives' Lounge

I think you mean this Arcadia.

• Thanks 2

So what is that from? (And why does the narrator say "Sherlock" in such a weird way? :smile: )

I take it to be a fan video.  The text is from John's old online blog.  The narrator appears to be someone "doing" Martin Freeman's John Watson voice (and coming fairly close a good bit of the time). 

Ah.

So Moftiss didn't borrow it from Doyle? Or the other guy whose name I've already forgotten? :smile:  Carr.

ETA: I just found this ... somehow missed it before ... which answers my question. Never mind! :D 

Hmm, for some reason I can't quote it, hence the link.

I suspect that Moftiss did sort of borrow the name from Carr, though they changed "The Hollow Man" to "The Hollow Client."

@HerlockSholmes  Can you tell us whether John's blog entry bears any resemblance to the actual plot of Carr's novel?

17 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I suspect that Moftiss did sort of borrow the name from Carr, though they changed "The Hollow Man" to "The Hollow Client."

@HerlockSholmes  Can you tell us whether John's blog entry bears any resemblance to the actual plot of Carr's novel?

I can’t Carol sorry. I’ve only read the first book Hag’s Nook. The Hollow Man is one of the radio shows on YouTube though. I’ll try and have a listen to this one over the weekend and let you know.

I’ve just listened to The Hollow Man and it’s totally unconnected.

Sad as I am I still got a Holmes connection. Apart from the Donald Sinden version of Gideon Fell there was another radio play starring Norman Shelley as Fell. Norman Shelley played Watson on the radio for years to Carlton Hobbs’ Holmes.

ok so the chances of that ever being a useful piece of knowledge in a quiz is fairly minimal but you never know.😃

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to identify a book I read maybe 20 years ago (presumably having borrowed it from the library), and liked well enough that I also read it aloud to Alex.  It was some sort of light mystery novel, British I think, and the sleuth was female, but neither of us can recall the title, the author, or even very much of the plot.  In fact all either of us can remember specifically is the recurring phrase "other similar shrubberies."

Does that sound familiar to anyone?