Help with the new look Sherlock Forum!

Undead Medic

Well OK, that's me..!!  Need-Help be my middle name.
How do I make sure, as I look at any thread, I'm seeing the 'most recent' posts to the thread first?
Looking at 'stuff', it SEEMS to me the dating is a bit all over the place.

This being only the 2nd Forum I've ever joined, and my age being what it is, my first name is "Confused".  So...  "Confused Need-Help Baynes" is me.

Thanks.  
Meanwhile, I'll continue groveling about. 

EDIT:  Hum. Now that I look again, it seems if I enter a topic and just go to the very last page, I see the 'most recent'. It's just that stuff is pretty old in pretty many places.   So... can it be flipped around somehow, so 'most recent posts' come up first??   If not, clicking the last page is just another click and drag affair.

Thanks again.

If there's any way to flip it, I'm unaware of it.  Besides, every time I get really good at using the forum's software, the software company decides it's obsolete and changes it again.

But you're quite right, just go to the last page (click on either the largest page number or the ">>" symbol).

And yes, some of the "most recent" stuff is pretty old.  But we're not like those stuffy forums that don't want you replying to older threads.  In fact, we love getting a fresh perspective on them!

• Like 1

You need to upload it to a hosting site and link from there, this forum doesn't support uploading of photos. Personally, I use Imgur, but any such site will do. Do you need help with the process? 

• Like 1

How very kind of you to offer.
What we're saying I believe is I need to get a regular 'website' of my own, upload my images to that 'website', then link to my images using this Forum's "link" function. 

I can deal with that.  Was just hoping there was a simpler way.  Since I love to write, if I stick up a website I'm liable to fill it with all my 'stuff' as well... 🤪

I'll check Imgur out and see about it.  I've set up websites before...but found my use of them did not justify the cost. 
(Now that I'm fossilizing, perhaps I can use them better.)

Thanks again.

10 minutes ago, Caya said:

I use Imgur

So Imgur looks like a place where one posts random images, a URL exists, then that url is used to hijack the unsuspecting image and display it here in the post environment, correct? 

I'll go check it out some more. Sounds like a reasonable solution for the short term anyway. (Now I sense a building excitement for setting up my own website again... argh.)

2 hours ago, Inspector Baynes said:

So Imgur looks like a place where one posts random images, a URL exists, then that url is used to hijack the unsuspecting image and display it here in the post environment, correct? 

Aptly described and deftly executed in the following post. :applause:

As for websites, why don't you start with a free WordPress site? You can always upgrade later.

We're all about unbridled hedonism here, intellectual one of course. :lol:

• Like 2

From a brief available snippet:  
What is hedonism and how does it affect your health?
"Studies show pleasurable emotions are associated with broader and more creative thinking, and a range of positive outcomes including better resilience, social connectedness, well-being, physical health, and longevity. So, pleasure might not only help us to live more enjoyably, but longer. Hedonism includes enjoying simple pleasures."

I'll take it..! 🤣
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1