Jump to content
Undead Medic

Help with the new look Sherlock Forum!

Recommended Posts

Question,

When you guys click on a thread/new post/new activity does the forum bring you to:

- the latest page you visit

- latest page

- first page?

I am annoyed because if I'm logged in, it would bring me to first page everytime, so I have to re-navigate to the last post/page I had left, WHILE when I'm not logged in, it actuay brings me to the lastest post in new activity.

I think it should be vice versa because forum normally 'remember' user, that is one of the main advantage of signing up.

I think this is very odd because it seems much more inconvinient to browse when I'm logged in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is in fact odd. Are we talking PC/laptop or cell phone here, VBS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that first-page thing every now and then, so I'm well aware of how annoying it is.

VBS, are you being careful to click on the star or circle just to the left of the thread's title?  (If you click on the title itself, I believe it's supposed to go to the first page.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally figured out to click on the time the last comment was posted, which takes you to, naturally, the last comment. Of course, if anything was posted before that which you haven't read, you run the risk of missing it, which I have done, several times. I haven't found anything that will take me to the last post I read. 😞 

I love it when you get an "upgrade" and your software actually does less than it did before..... :wacko: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That's what I've been doing, clicking on the time.  Then I scroll up to the last comment I remember reading.  I don't know what you guys see, but on my screen there is a blue line across the top of the first post I haven't read, so I usually look for that when I scroll.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erhmagerd! There IS a blue line! I never noticed! :picard: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

VBS, are you being careful to click on the star or circle just to the left of the thread's title?

And erhmagerd again … it just sank in what this post meant. I never knew that either!!! Why don't you people tell me these things!   7gsN3iM.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years back, I actually started a whole new thread, suggesting that the Admins consider adding a "posts I haven't read" link for each thread in a list.  Then Tim pointed out that the star/circle to the left of the thread's name does exactly that.  Some other members said they'd been wondering the same thing -- so I didn't feel too bad.

And the blue line is news to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew about the star’s function, but I never end up using it.  I’m used to some other forums where stars in that position indicate the thread’s rating, so it’s not intuitive for me to look there for something to click on, if that makes sense.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what other little helpful gems are hiding around here. But I'm not wondering hard enough to go looking for them...….

  • Tongue 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 12:06 AM, Caya said:

That is in fact odd. Are we talking PC/laptop or cell phone here, VBS?

As far as I'm aware, it happens on both  and only when I'm logged in. If I'm browsing as guesy, clicking the thread on new activity would  bring me to the last activity like it should.

Psst.. this forum really doesn't like me logging in, does it?

On 8/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

I get that first-page thing every now and then, so I'm well aware of how annoying it is.

VBS, are you being careful to click on the star or circle just to the left of the thread's title?  (If you click on the title itself, I believe it's supposed to go to the first page.)

I've just noticed the star. It doesn't do anything for me, so I have to click on the title.

On 8/19/2019 at 11:26 AM, Arcadia said:

I finally figured out to click on the time the last comment was posted, which takes you to, naturally, the last comment. 

What time? I don't have that. Do you have a screencap?

On 8/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, Artemis said:

^ That's what I've been doing, clicking on the time.  Then I scroll up to the last comment I remember reading.  I don't know what you guys see, but on my screen there is a blue line across the top of the first post I haven't read, so I usually look for that when I scroll.

 

What blue line? I don't have that. Do you also have screencap?

On 8/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, Arcadia said:

Erhmagerd! There IS a blue line! I never noticed! :picard: 

Sniff... am I a step member? Why I always have weird problem even when I already try to cover my nose everytime I'm in the forum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time:

FaasqBF.jpg

Blue Line:

Wtr6aPs.jpg

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I've just noticed the star. It doesn't do anything for me, so I have to click on the title.

Have you tried clicking on the star when you're not logged in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Caya, too bad it's full/desktop version and I don't access the forum much from my laptop, and it's too small on my phone. Just now when I tried (desktop version on phone) I could click on the time, but there is no blue line.

In mobile version, no blue line the time actually helps! Now I should go and cancel my nose job. :cowdance:

I'll see if it's consistent, will report if it's not working. Don't pelt me. If you must, fresh produces only please. I'm being bothersome because I love you guys this much to refuse forum's rejection (or lack of knowledge, well potato potahto). There is no other time when I'm this persistent of being accepted! XD

 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:47 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Have you tried clicking on the star when you're not logged in?

Yes, the star doesn't seem to respond to clicking whether I'm logged in or not though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.