Google’s Sherlock News

HerlockSholmes

5 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I think I'll wait quietly on the sidelines until somebody tells us what this *thing* actually is. I smell an interactive game with filmed footage, which would presumably not interest me.

I’d come to the same deduction Carol👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HerlockSholmes said:

When I say Happy Sherlock Holmes Day what I really should be saying of course is 

HAPPY 159TH BIRTHDAY TO SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE 👍

• Like 3

Well, it's effectively got us curious, at least! Kind of nice, really, to know they haven't completely run away from any association with Sherlock, which is certainly the impression I've been getting up to now.

• Like 2

Either that, or they're not averse to accepting licensing fees.  ;)

What is that tweet talking about -- virtually reality?  Or a live role-playing experience?

Here's a link to Wikipedia.

Still not sure exactly what it is that they do.  Though I do note that they have been known to cancel events at the last moment.

Right, are you all up to date?

Did you get the latest clue, which unlocks the site, giving the correct answer as to what it is going to be? Though it's one of a number of choices!

If you want to know, please emaiil me at besleybean at "gee" mail dot com...

Cos I'm scared I'll forget to come back here and I don't want to leave anyone hanging!

Someone on the hashtag gave a clue as to the type of cypher and that helped me solve it.

Maybe it was a promotional stunt for The Game Is Now. :P 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I had the same thought when I saw the headline, I thought it was made up, lol.

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Arcadia said:

Hmm.  Giving a whole new spin on Ben's comment that "Well, I had to, because, you know . . "

Come to think of it, the timing and location was just so convenient, really . .  a solitary cyclist gets set upon by ruffians near Baker Street *Just* in time for Our Hero to come dashing from out of his Uber to the man's aid.  And BC's Uber driver said he actually had no idea he was driving Mr. and Mrs. Cumberbatch until *after* Ben jumped out of his car and turned into Avenging Angel Sherlock?  And then this gang of thugs melted away after apparently realizing that this mystery man was a famous actor from the TV, without causing actual injury to any party?  Either it was staged or it was a terrifically serendipitous moment.  Is Mofftiss & Co.  that calculating?  Would BC agree to be part of such a deception for promotional purposes?  This isn't like walking the streets of Manhattan dressed as Dr. Strange.  Am I really that cynical to have a seed of doubt now planted?  Yes I am, sadly--so thanks for poking that sleeping bear, Arcadia.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Count me in for voting for the whole Bendi as hero, thwarting four would-be muggers with a convenient witness (the Uber driver) singing his praises, as an act.  I completely believe this is a promotional  event.  And, Hikari, you know full well that Moftiss & Co are absolutely that calculating! 

And the video for The Game is Now--"Do you want to come back?"  and "We'll have to start recruiting real people..."  I smell promotion all over this!

Why do Mycroft's teeth look so badly stained in the above video?  I know the British have a reputation for poor oral care, but come on!

It IS a game.  I just clicked on "view more" in the Mycroft video and saw they are advertising it as such.  I am still sure, though, that Bendi's Uber heroics were press for the game.  I bet this game will cost a pretty penny to play!

On 02/06/2018 at 2:28 PM, HerlockSholmes said:

Where were his Sherlockian powers of observation and deduction. Brett would have given the police the robbers life histories and addresses👍😃

• Like 1

It IS a game.  I just clicked on "view more" in the Mycroft video and saw they are advertising it as such.  I am still sure, though, that Bendi's Uber heroics were press for the game.  I bet this game will cost a pretty penny to play!

According to the site the price is £54 (about $72 US).
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 9:51 PM, Arcadia said:

I'm pretty sure Arcadia was joking there, folks!  Good ol' Benedict Cumberbatch?  Have we really become that cynical?

Though I will admit to being puzzled by the lack of any other witnesses -- with photos and videos on their phones.  Marylebone Road isn't exactly the middle of nowhere.  Of course it was apparently all over in less than a minute.  But still, even if passers-by didn't realize at the time who the rescuer was, it would have been a photo-worthy event.  And then later on when the news broke, the eye-witness photos should have been all over the internet.

*sigh*  I guess a good case could be made either way.  So for now, just color me open minded.

• Like 3

Just googled for news reports of this event, and there are surprisingly few.  Nothing from the BBC or Radio Times came up.  There were a couple of reports from high-profile sources, but they were both American.  The New York Times account includes a lengthy quote from the police report, which does not confirm the names of anyone involved -- but does reveal that the incident occurred last November.  Odd.