Google Dr Who news

I started a thread for posting any google news about Sherlock so I thought that I’d do one for Dr Who fans (they are amongst us [me too]) It’s likely to be stuff that fans already know about but, who knows (sorry🙂) there might be the occasional bit of new news.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a852043/christopher-eccleston-doctor-who-exit-career-interview/

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, last week I've seen the film about the origin of Dr Who: Adventure in Space and Time. It's from 2013, it's written by Mark, it has amazing casting (with some familiar faces) and I really enjoyed it, even not being a big fan of the series.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:44 AM, HerlockSholmes said:

Thanks, Herlock -- I'll copy that to the Tolkien thread.

• Like 1

It's in the Movies and Entertainment sub-forum.  Hang on just a bit and I'll come back with a link.

Added:  Here.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody find a list of theaters or what the price is?  I got to the event page, but can't seem to find where to click for actual ticket info.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/doctor-who-genesis-of-the-daleks

You should see a box where you can type in your zip code, and that will bring up the theatres nearest you that will be showing it. I think the default is a 200 mile radius. I've got 3 in a 30 mile radius, so they're not chintzing on theaters at least.

PS -- click on the theater you're interested in and that should bring up a price. Mine says $12.50, which is a heck of a lot less than either Frankenstein or TAB. Heck, it's less than I paid to see the last first-run movie I went to.

23 hours ago, Arcadia said:

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/doctor-who-genesis-of-the-daleks

You should see a box where you can type in your zip code, and that will bring up the theatres nearest you that will be showing it.

Son of a gun, it worked this time -- I didn't even have to enter my zip code (which I find kinda creepy).  Maybe it didn't yet have the info the first time I tried.

• Like 1

Or maybe it remembered you from some other occasion? It remembered me when I went back to check on it.

I was a bit perturbed to discover that some account or other, that I haven't accessed in an age, still remembered who I was. You'd think there'd be a statute of limitations on those things. Guess it depends on their protocols. My bank doesn't even recognize me after five minutes. :D

On 5/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Arcadia said:

Or maybe it remembered you from some other occasion? It remembered me when I went back to check on it.

I suspect you're right.  The second time, I was on my laptop, where I had purchased tickets for Fathom's Sherlock screening, so there were presumably some cookies.

The first time, I was on my phone.  I had no luck there even when I typed in my zip code, but I suspect that's because I expected to see a new page come up, whereas it simply loads the info below, so if you're on a small screen you don't notice anything happening unless you scroll down.

The more I see people use their phones, the more I'm glad I still wait until I get home and use a computer. ;) Seems awfully frustrating!

14 hours ago, Arcadia said:

The more I see people use their phones, the more I'm glad I still wait until I get home and use a computer. ;) Seems awfully frustrating!

Can be, for sure.  But it can be awfully convient as well.  It's a trade-off, like just about everything else.

• Like 1

Another pad in Wales for Pseudonym to buy👍

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/property/eight-bedroom-castle-appeared-doctor-1559669.amp

it doesn’t mention which episode it appeared in though.

• Like 1

Every Dr Who fan in the world has probably seen this but..... I love the way the Judson speak.