Patrick Melrose

Hi guys.

Yeah I know, sorry I haven't been here for ages again...I do have a proper reason why, this time.  But possibly that's for another occasion.

And apologies too, because I do find this forum hard to navigate!

I am bringing over a question from my other forum, to see if any brians here have an answer-  so sorry if my topic is in the wrong place.

But anyway? Patrick's hotel room window, that couldn't be opened and then he suddenly found it open. What do we think?

• Like 1

Hi, Bev!  :welcome: Welcome back!  We'll be glad to hear your tale whenever you're ready, but for now I hope everything's OK, again/still as the case may be.

Don't worry, you'll get used to the "new" forum.  It works pretty well for the most part.

Hi, Carol...actually I hadn't noticed how 'new' the forum was!

Well I might as well get it over with but apologies in advance, you will be sorry you asked...

I have had a horrendous year.  More recently suffered with a horrible illness, that has left me with a chronic condition.

But worse than that, last year I lost my husband through suicide.

Not sorry I asked exactly, but very sad to hear what a horrible year you've had.

Glad that you're back!  Yeah, Tim had to convert to brand-new software a couple months (?) ago, because the software company was no longer supporting the old kind.  It had some peculiarities at first (and still has a few oddities), but Tim has gotten it in pretty good shape now.  There's a thread in the Assistance area where you can post questions on how to use it and/or descriptions of any problems you may be having.

• Like 1

Oh Bev! I'm so sorry! My deepest condolences. I hope you're bearing up okay.

Re: Patrick Melrose, I'm afraid I'm not going to be much use, as I won't be able to see it unless/when it comes out on DVD. I'm hearing great reviews about it, though.

Take care.

Hi, Carol...actually I hadn't noticed how 'new' the forum was!

Well I might as well get it over with but apologies in advance, you will be sorry you asked...

I have had a horrendous year.  More recently suffered with a horrible illness, that has left me with a chronic condition.

But worse than that, last year I lost my husband through suicide.

Oh this is freaking me out now.  Is this the correct way to reply?! Why does the forum make it so hard just to reply to somebody?!

Anyhow, thanks guys.

On Patrick: well being  a lucky Brit, I got to see the opening episode through the Radio Times.  But I am only hoping I can see the others illegally via Youtube.

Yep, hope we get a DVD.

Yes, the new forum takes a little getting used to. But once you get the hang of it, it works fine.

To reply, simply put your cursor in the reply box near the bottom of the page, type, then hit the 'submit reply' button. The reply box isn't as obvious as it used to be, but it's there.

If you're trying to "quote" someone, there's a little link for that underneath each person's post. Click that, and it opens up the reply box, with the text you want to quote already in it. 

That about covers the basics, I think.

My friend just told me she can get Patrick Melrose online thru some deal or other. She's going to bring her laptop over some day so we can watch it. :cowdance: 

• Thanks 1

Oh god yes, managed to see the reply box...heck you wouldn't have to have visual problems, would you?!

Thanks again.

I have pre-ordered the Patrick Melrose DVD...from Amazon(UK).

• 4 weeks later...

Found it!   I've only seen the first episode, but IT'S SO GOOD.  Ben is really phenomenal in it;  truly outstanding performance.

I see I'll have to rewatch it before I can discuss it, I can't remember anything about a window, symbolic or otherwise.