Hello everyone,

I’m Wilson Marte from the Dominican Republic. I have been reading sherlock Holmes’ since I was 9. I was first introduced to our beloved detective by Scooby Doo. For those who watched Cartoon Network 13-16 years ago probably you watched the episode where Scooby is dressed as the classical Holmes.

I asked my father about who he was and he told me that he was a fictional detective, a very famous one. After that I watched Jeremy Brett’ piece of art on the role of Sherlock Holmes. Also I have read most of the adventures and right now I’m focusing on Dan Simmons’ work and Bonnie Macbird. I am Very interested to see how they portrayed Sherlock Holmes in their books.

I came here to read and learn more about our detective. I speak Spanish. Sorry for any grammar mistake that you could find.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Bienvenido a Sherlock Forum, Dominican Holmes!  I remember the Scooby Doo episode you mention.  Now that I think about it, it was a bit weird, or at least meta to have a Hound portraying SH, don't you think?  :)

I have read some of Bonnie Macbird's work, but I am not familiar with Dan Simmons.  I can recommend Denis O. Smith and Donald Thomas as two first-rate Sherlock Holmes writers.  Also, David Marcum's MX New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series is well worth checking out.  He collects stories from many different authors, and there are currently 12 volumes, so you are sure to find some that you like. 

I hope you will enjoy yourself here.  And no worries about your English--I'm an English teacher and I give you a gold star.

• Like 2

¡Hola, Wilson!  :wave2:  Glad to have you aboard.

Have you seen the BBC television program Sherlock?  We have a lot of discussions about that show here.  But if you haven't seen it, no problem, because we also happily discuss the original stories, other adaptations, etc.

So please feel free to jump right into the discussions.  And if you don't see a thread for something you'd like to discuss, then by all means start a new thread.

• Like 1

¡Hola, Wilson!  :wave2:  Glad to have you aboard.
Have you seen the BBC television program Sherlock?  We have a lot of discussions about that show here.  But if you haven't seen it, no problem, because we also happily discuss the original stories, other adaptations, etc.
So please feel free to jump right into the discussions.  And if you don't see a thread for something you'd like to discuss, then by all means start a new thread.

Hi Carol,
Of course I’ve watched it was amazing. Even for someone that loves classic shows like the one with Jeremy, this one was incredible.

Thank you very much Carol I will

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Hola Wilson! Bienvenido! (Sorry, that is all the Spanish I remember. 🙂 ) Hope you will enjoy it here!