A new version?

HerlockSholmes

I'd pay good money to hear Sherlock Holmes speaking Finnish.

Which he will master in a couple of hours.  Mycroft is already fluent.  Naturally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've heard both mentioned but that's it. I doubt I'll ever have a chance to see the first, and will run screaming in the other direction from the second. :P 

I've seen some good comedy takes on Holmes, and I've seen Ferrell do some good stuff.  So I'd need to see a trailer before I'd have any idea whether I'd have any interest in this one.

I think we had a discussion about Will Ferrell when I first joined the forum, didn't we? My opinion of him hasn't changed.

I don't know why, but very little of modern humor (if that's a thing) amuses me. I laugh my head off at Sherlock, but that's about it. Some of the Marvel stuff is pretty funny to me. The Dick Van Dyke show still makes me laugh. I'm hopeless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

... very little of modern humor (if that's a thing) amuses me.

In my case, some does, but I don't generally take the time anymore to sift through it all.

Yep, that's part of it too. I did make an effort to watch that show with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar a few years back, but even that wasn't funny to me. Or anyone else, I guess … it faded fast. And then we lost Robin anyway. I still miss him.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:16 AM, HerlockSholmes said:

I will reiterate the sentiment I expressed when I first heard about this misbegotten project:

I'd rather pour bleach on my eyeballs than dignify this travesty by watching it.

I will say in defense of John C. Reilly, who  is a member of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company of Chicago, along with fellow Chi'go alums, Gary Sinise and John Malkovich . .  . When he is separated from Will Ferrell, he is capable of fine acting.  I actually think he would make a very good Watson in a straight version, with any other Holmes.  John could really contend for the rank of top American acting talent if he wouldn't insist on collaborating so often with WF.  Will Ferrell made for a fantastic Geo. W. Bush, but apart from that, he's like a one-man mosquito swarm on my sanity.

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
to remove overly personal remarks
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A trailer is available HERE.  Beware, Hikari, it is indeed goofy.  But it looks like it could be pretty good goofy.  I may want to see it.

I’m also a huge fan of Laurel And Hardy. John C Riley is playing Oliver Hardy in a movie alongside Steve Coogan as Stan Laurel. Mixed feelings about this one but I’ll definitely have a look when it’s available.

on the subject of movies......has anyone seen Sherlock Gnolmes yet? I’ll buy it because I’m a stupid collector but I’d like to know if I’m going to be throwing money away on this one.🙂

1 hour ago, HerlockSholmes said:

... has anyone seen Sherlock Gnolmes yet? I’ll buy it because I’m a stupid collector but I’d like to know if I’m going to be throwing money away on this one.

That kinda depends on your personal taste.  Have you seen any trailers?  From what little I've seen, I'd rather see the Ferrell & Reilly one.  :D  But that's me, maybe not you.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 11:35 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

That kinda depends on your personal taste.  Have you seen any trailers?  From what little I've seen, I'd rather see the Ferrell & Reilly one.  :D  But that's me, maybe not you.

I agree Carol but I’ll still end up buying both☹️

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Holmes and Watson (the comedic movie), SolitaryCyclist has posted a review of Holmes and Watson (the dramatic play) here.  The latter sounds like something the folks who are not interested in the former would likely enjoy.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw that review, sounds like something I'd like to see. Maybe someone will make a movie out of it (can't afford plays!)

• Like 1