Favourite Music in the Show?

I'm a huge fan of the music!

Some of my favourite moments are when Moriarty is listening to music as he's doing something inevitably cool.

Here's an analysis video on some of the soundtrack - "Investigating Sherlock":  https://youtu.be/ZltLoXdUHxo

What's you're favourite musical experience with the show?

Edited by Carol the Dabbler
Fixed link

Hi there Flimemusic! Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I don't know what the piece is called, but my favorite is definitely the one that plays near the end of Reichenbach, which starts right around the time Moriarty kills himself. They use it a couple other times too, especially during HLV, I think? Anyway, it's thrilling stuff.

I'm afraid I can't get your link to work, but I found this: is it the same one? If so, thanks for sharing it … love stuff like this!

Yup, same one -- just needed another space before the URL.  I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the first part is interesting -- stuff that never would have occurred to me.

Hey there!  Haven't been in for a while, but this looks like an interesting discussion.

I actually like the entire score from SiB, but especially "Irene's Theme," or whatever they call the piece Sherlock composes when he thinks of Irene. It carries a lot of emotion, and I think it tells you a lot about his state of mind when he considers her. 

To me, there's a lot of melancholy in that piece, do you hear it that way too? Yet I'm not quite sure why that would be. It's not my favorite piece, but it's a very effective one.

In ASiB, the piece is called Irene's Theme and is reiterated in part in The Woman and in SHERlocked.  And for TRF it's Prepared to Do Anything followed by Blood on Pavement.  There's definitely some melancholy in both themes from each episode.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I really like the music of the show. 

I like " The woman", "Blood on the pavement", "Sherlocked"... But I think that my favorite one is

What a beautiful sound!! The beginning of the music is epic, and then it gets sad. This is beautiful!!! 💗

• Like 2

I assume that's from "Reichenbach," but (since it's apparently not "Blood on the Pavement," which you mention separately) what scene is it from?  I rarely notice the music while I'm watching an episode -- unless the music is inappropriate in some way, which this obviously is not, since I don't remember it.

Yes, it's from "Reichenbach", it's the end of the conversation between Sherlock and Moriarty, just before Moriarty dead, then the sad part of the music begins when Sherlock climbs to the edge of the roof and talks to John on the phone... 

I'm always very attentive to the music while I'm watching an episode, and the music of this show is perfect!! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jen said:

I really like the music of the show. 

I like " The woman", "Blood on the pavement", "Sherlocked"... But I think that my favorite one is

What a beautiful sound!! The beginning of the music is epic, and then it gets sad. This is beautiful!!! 💗

This brings back so many memories. I love this piece too, it always brings a lot of feels, the music and the scenes using it.

I still have Sherlock's ringtones, like you, I think music in Sherlock contributes a looot to the series. And the blessing and a curse of having Sherlock's ringtone as introvert, I use it as excuse to ignore calls to listen to the full song. :cowdance:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

having Sherlock's ringtone as introvert, I use it as excuse to ignore calls to listen to the full song.

You do realize that you can just play the ringtone any time you want?  You don't have to wait for a call to come in?

Sherlock is one of the few shows in which music is so important !! 

I don't have Sherlock's ringtone, but I think it's a good idea, I might do that!! 

I've got Sherlock ringtones too -- the one I mostly use is "The Game Is On" though the CD calls it "Welcome to London."

Right now, though, I'm using the  theme from Monk --  the cool jazz guitar-and-drums piece they used for the first season.  I love it, and was really irked when they replaced it with the Randy Newman song.  But here's the original:

Yeah, I think so!   :D   I sometimes play it over & over on my phone while I'm bouncing on my rebounder.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:40 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

You do realize that you can just play the ringtone any time you want?  You don't have to wait for a call to come in?

On 1/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, Van Buren Supernova said:

And the blessing and a curse of having Sherlock's ringtone as introvert, I use it as excuse to ignore calls to listen to the full song. :cowdance:

Tsk Carol, you seeeee, but you don't observe.

• Haha 3
  • Tongue 1