Favorite Superhero Pictures (Marvel, DC, etc.)

Artemis

Guess I'm in a Loki mood.  Funny how that happens.

Fun Facts about Marvel Loki!

agdistis-sanctified:

Inspired by that one popular Deadpool post from forever ago!
(I may be cheating because I’m technically including multiple incarnations, but they all “count” as him in some way- no alternate universes or timelines- so shaddup. The distinctions between them obviously matter, but not for the purposes of this list.)

• He was in the Marvel universe 13 years before Thor was
  • He has “put a terrible slash on the internet” (Yes, that kind)
  • He likes Daft Punk
  • He likes Wicked
  • He got to use Mjolnir once. Against Thor. For the good side.
  • He identifies as both male and female, is clear about it, and other characters acknowledge it
  • He’s pansexual
  • He’s the patron god of certain sex acts
  • He basically killed himself twice to escape his evil baggage from the past (and then his mind to escape future evil baggage)
  • He wore the Guy Fawkes mask once
  • He’s also worn the X-Men uniform
  • He goes by the “God(dess) of Stories” now
  • He wasn’t evil enough to be elected president
  • Really, to sabotage his own campaign, he just called people lighting cars on fire over him idiots, clarified that he wasn’t “evil” anymore, and said he planned to basically play by the rules if elected
  • While “trying” to become president (he actually wasn’t), he made sure to face off against a woman whose life he’d ruined in the past so that she’d look like a hero when everyone realized she was right about him, which did great things for her career
  • When he was forced to erase his memories and “change,” he only made sure to remember that he loved Thor and his one friend, Verity, who believed in him
  • He used to secretly hire Deadpool and Gambit to run cons for him, then would trick them into thinking they’d betrayed each other to get himself off the hook
  • He named his hellhound puppy after Thor when he died
  • He’s totally a selfie person
  • He hates the word “smooch”
  • When he was trapped on earth with false memories (due to his own spell), he was a friendless, nerdy child. When others explained to him what was going on, he quickly regained his memories, led them through a convoluted set of steps create a second spell to free everyone else from their own fake memories, and then…. turned out to have not regained his memories at all. He thought they were role-playing with him. The new “spell” failed at a critical moment.
  • He was the protagonist, antagonist, and “innocent victim that died at the beginning to kick the story off” of one series, all at the same time.
  • He was once locked in a tree by Odin. The only way to escape was if someone cried because of his situation (the joke being that no one ever would, since everyone hated him). After a long time, he finally built up enough willpower to fling a leaf into someone’s eye, /technically/ drawing a tear that existed because of his situation.
  • Sleipnir, Loki’s 8-legged horse child from the original mythology, technically does exist somewhere in the universe. Other canon children include the Fenris Wolf and the Midgard Serpent. He’s even rumored to be the father of Hela, Queen of the Dead, but neither of them have any idea if that’s true or not, especially since she has existed longer than he has
  • He actually time-traveled and tricked Odin into adopting him
  • He once dramatically took the form of a unicorn
  • “Loki’s the bad guy! Sauron multiplied by that antiDumbledore guy cubed! His alignment is totally chaotic evil! He sends misogynist abuse for the lulz!” - His playful description of his more evil past self

I gotchu (plus some)

This is from Journey Into Mystery (1952) #85, which is Loki’s first “modern” appearance. His very first. This is literally his introduction. Buckle up. (The issue is still from the 60′s, so take “modern” with a huge grain of salt. We’re going to have a damn good time with this.)

First we have Loki, helpfully narrating his circumstances.

Heimdall I am so sorry for neglecting to specify that it was Heimdall’s eye he desecrated with his damn leaf , Mr. All-Seeing himself, was the lucky man to get leafed. Oh, irony. Or something.

Understandably, Loki is proud of himself and also pretty pissed at Thor for causing his centuries-long tree imprisonment. (Talk about inhumane and humiliating.) He goes to F*** shit up, as one does. He also feels envy seeing Thor show affection for children at a hospital but not him, as one does.

Loki puts on this nice damn suit. Best-dressed from day 1.

Jane Foster thirsts for Loki, but not over suit-Loki like everyone else, just, Loki telling Thor he’s going to F*** shit up. (Damn it Jane whose side are you on??)

Loki takes over Thor’s mind, but it dawns on him that the moment he loses control, he’ll have a very large and very angry god with a very heavy hammer very pissed at him. Oops. Initiate Operation: DROP THE HAMMER. One catch: Odin’s decree that the hammer shouldn’t go to someone other than Thor is stronger than Loki’s control. Thor won’t consciously give it to him. Time for tricks.

Loki said F*** boomerang hammers.

Finally. Time to make him smear whipped cream on his face or whatever it is brothers do. Unfortunately for Loki, these were the Donald Blake days, and Thor would turn into Donald Blake when separated from his hammer for too long. “Donald Blake” was not under Loki’s control, only “Thor.” Switching between the two identities freed Thor. Cue Yakety Sax.

“Fly, little birds… fly quickly….” (I’m sorry this just. Loki. Loki please.)

LOKI PLEASE.

Thor chucks Loki into the water, where his powers apparently don’t work. As it turns out, he can’t swim, either. To Loki’s shock, Thor dives in to save him. There’s that soft heart you were looking for, man.

Compassionate but still angry, Thor F***ing LAUNCHES him all the goddamned way to Asgard.

TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN.

Jane is still thirsty.

[Link]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_pu2lljF61W1vru7bko2_r1_540.gifv

tumblr_pu2lljF61W1vru7bko1_r1_540.gifv

tumblr_pu2lljF61W1vru7bko5_r1_540.gifv

tumblr_pu2lljF61W1vru7bko3_r1_540.gifv

tumblr_pu2lljF61W1vru7bko4_540.gifv

"CHAPTER ONE ↦ Avengers: Infinity War Destiny Arrives (Film Novelization)

Loki’s eyes flicked from Thanos to Thor, his mind reeling with clever misdirects, resourceful trickery, and possible escape routes... As Thor’s cries echoed through the broken craft, Loki’s false bravado faltered. He shook and battled to stay in control of his emotions, positive Thor could withstand any punishment, as he’d done so many times before. But Thor’s heightening screams quickly became unbearable and Loki came to realize how wrong he’d been. Loki’s red-rimmed eyes flashed in fear.

“Alright, stop!”

This was not like those other times. He could endure it no longer."

[Link]

tumblr_pu89kz1orC1vru7bko4_r1_540.gifv

tumblr_pu89kz1orC1vru7bko3_r2_540.gifv

tumblr_pu89kz1orC1vru7bko2_540.gifv

tumblr_pu89kz1orC1vru7bko1_540.gifv

"CHAPTER ONE ↦ Avengers: Infinity War Destiny Arrives (Film Novelization) part II.

“I, Loki, Prince of Asgard...” Loki trailed off. His bravado stripped away momentarily as his body softened. His next words were intimate and unguarded, “...Odinson.”

Thanos missed the glint of a knife hidden in Loki’s hand. But Thor saw it. His eyes flared with warning and worry and rage at his brother’s flagrant stupidity and his inability to read this enemy as something worthy of more than Loki’s usual parlor tricks. And perhaps a touch of admiration at his brother’s bravery, no matter how naive.

Loki’s miscalculation had another heartbroken witness. Disbelieving and unable to help, Thor’s entire being cracked from within as all he could do was watch, powerless to step in and save his younger brother one last time."

[Link]

• 3 weeks later...

Weird, all those ones from Dec. 5 … first time I've seen them. As in, I never rec'd a notification. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

In my own defense, I was very young and didn't have the spectacularly good sense I have now. :P 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:29 AM, Artemis said:

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo1_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo2_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo3_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo4_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo5_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo6_540.gif

tumblr_pvvcsoA7jQ1rrkahjo7_540.gif

[Link]

Eh... was it really like that in the show?? Holee moleee.. and what would he want to repel manta ray and whale??? They are pretty harmless, we can be around sharks and barracudas peacefully as well. And how does spray work in water? Or this is special for event like this when they are out of water? And those are pretty lame punches Batman. If you want to do something wrong, do it right!

On 1/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, Arcadia said:

Good grief. And I used to watch that show.

I will never look at you the same way again.

• Haha 1

We all watched it back rhen, VBS.  It was *supposed* to be bad, basically a live-action parody of the comic books.  When they were fighting the bad guys, there were frames inserted saying "BIFF!" and " BAM! " and "POW!"