GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

My second thought was how very John Watson-like so many of his lines and behaviors are, lol.  I’m imagining that this is the story of what Watson was up to before he became an army doctor and shipped off to Afghanistan....

Now you've got me wondering whether there was any cross-influence between the characters.  The Sherlock pilot was filmed in 2009, and Nativity was released that same year (though it could have been filmed in a prior year).  John and Paul both find themselves in awkward situations where they need to coordinate with difficult associates, but each of them manages far better than he expected -- so maybe that's simply the sort of character each would have to be.

6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

The Sherlock pilot was filmed in 2009,

Was it really that long ago already?  Ugh...

giphy.gif

Eurgh, had one of those nights where I woke up thinking about stupid things and couldn't turn my brain off. Was awake from 3 until sometime after 5, and my alarm goes off at 6. Decided to come in a bit later and just brave the rush hour traffic. Grey and grim here, we've got a storm at the moment so very blustery. Fed up and am looking forward to an extra few days off. 

On 12/14/2018 at 5:23 PM, Pseudonym said:

Kind of like this?

538caf49a94a1e705c25caac47f4d098.gif

Sneakily changing something you've agreed to is ridiculous! 

Start a scuba company, I'll come over and you can train me. ;)

God, Willem Defoe is hideous. 

YESS LIKE THAT!

I have real-life maniacal laugh that everyone in my life is weary about. And I learned it from Western animation and Chinese Kungfu movie. Very tempted to decorate it with lime-green smoke.

Scuba company, sigh.. I'm one exam away from getting guiding license, but I avoided it so that don't have to pay annual fee since I don't earn anything from it. And my passion of working in that line is almost non-existent now from the effort needed to be nice to the customers. (It's be fun to go with passionate photographers and well behaved people, but the sport has gotten too popular this decade that there are annoying people (read, rich spoiled brats) who go just for style and socialize. And above all, I have to train you! XD GAHH

On 12/15/2018 at 10:04 AM, Artemis said:

I always have trouble with that, I stay longer than I probably should.

For my whole working life, I was caught off guard one time, the company went bankrupt and owed me salaries and left me jobless. It was my second job in strange country. Other than that, I actually always leave earlier than I should. But it is time for me to leave before they drove me mad. Dodge one or two bullets,  I believe they are all right decision, although for reason that many regular people can't understand, because two of those companies are actually 'safe', means iron bowl, somewhere you could stay and latch on forever. The works were relatively easy, sometimes very because we had plenty of time to do everything, and there are never problems with off or holidays, but that is that, I felt like dying inside and decaying because of boredom and non-challenging situation or mind numbingly working style that I couldn't get on board.

I notice that is how I practice life as well. I try to detach from something before it's gone from me, because I know it will. Well, it doesn't work on everything, but for majority of things, yes. It's tiring though. I wish there is somewhere and something that is always safe.

HEY! None of my gifs is working today. GRUMBLEEE grmbblllll...

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

2 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I notice that is how I practice life as well. I try to detach from something before it's gone from me, because I know it will. Well, it doesn't work on everything, but for majority of things, yes. It's tiring though. I wish there is somewhere and something that is always safe.

I used to do that, (detach, I mean), I assume because we moved so darn much when I was young, and I learned to do it to protect myself. Then I sort of fell out of the habit because my environment had finally become very stable. Now I wish I hadn't … I've lost a lot of this, that and the other thing this year, and I've been feeling pretty bruised. Now that I think on it, people have been detaching from me. So now I know what it feels like to be on the other side. Agggh.

I'm still not feeling very festive. :( At least I'm not feeling the depression I normally get this time of year, though I'm not particularly chipper either. 

I did just get an email query from a customer which includes the line 'seems very hard on the fixed nipples' which made me chortle. 

17mdhqn.gif

Whilst looking for the Bad Santa gif I came across this NSFW (hence in spoiler) Martin Freeman one (Love Actually) which startled me enough to make me laugh. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

I'm still not feeling very festive. :(

Me, neither.

It's annoying, I want to be feeling festive and jolly but it's not happening. I probably should have forced myself to go to the Christmas pub quiz on Tuesday but I was too exhausted. 🤶🎄🤶🎄🤶

On 12/20/2018 at 4:57 AM, Pseudonym said:

It's annoying, I want to be feeling festive and jolly but it's not happening.

Same.  I want to get in the spirit of it, but I don’t think it’s happening this year.  I’ve got less than a week.

Me, to myself:

tumblr_oif8t5OUam1rrkahjo8_400.gifv

Do something for yourselves, and let the rest go. The stress of meeting expectations ain't worth it.

• Like 1

I don't have any expectations on me, Christmas is pretty chilled in my house, just not much excitement either. 

So treat yourself to something you love! Like, I went to the coffee shop, had a hot cocoa, put my feet up and just read the paper for awhile. It was lovely. Not exciting, but very Christmas-y … for me. You'd probably like something different.

• Like 1

Good Lord, I hope that's not your poor cat! Where's the rest of him!?! :D 

In the fridge ready for Christmas dinner. 

Nope, not my cat.

I do have a Christmas hat I put on my cat sometimes, and it makes me laugh for days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Yay, finally have some festive cheer creeping in! 

Still none for me... *sigh*.

hC49BE75C

Lol, I watched Zootopia (or Zootropolis depending where you live) and the mice/hamsters etc are all driving the spitting image of my car. :D

i875773.jpg

That is clearly a carton version of a Fiat 500. :D :D :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

the mice/hamsters etc are all driving the spitting image of my car. :D

Further evidence that you are a mouse...?

• Haha 1
  • Tongue 1

9 hours ago, Artemis said:

Further evidence that you are a mouse...?

Oooh, now everything's starting to make sense.....

• Haha 1