GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

16 hours ago, Artemis said:

I made the mistake of drinking two cans of Mountain Dew Kickstart (Pineapple Orange Mango) a couple hours ago, so I'm rarin' to go.  You'll be lucky if you don't wake up to another of my photo-posting sprees tomorrow morning. 

How are you today -- have you gotten any sleep?   :sofa2:

I slept for 4 hours and had weird Loki dreams, lol.  I’m exhausted.

It sure was good stuff though.  :P 

• Haha 1

I've always been afraid to try those energy drinks, I get so jittery if I drink more than a cup or two of coffee that I figure they'd send me for a loop.

I’m usually entirely unaffected by caffeine.  If I have an energy drink (which is rare), it’s because I like the taste.  Not sure if it was the caffeine or the sugar that gave me so much energy, but if it was the caffeine, it’d be a first!  Which might be nice for me actually, because I’m chronically fatigued, and getting through a day can be hard without some kind of pick-me-up.

Yeah, don't rely on those, though. I'm sure you know the perils, so I'll spare you the lecture. Em5DIHI.gif

I wish caffeine didn't affect me,  sometimes that third cup of coffee is just sooooo nice. But it's not worth the after effects.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I wish caffeine didn't affect me,  sometimes that third cup of coffee is just sooooo nice. But it's not worth the after effects.

With me it's more like the second half of the first cup.  So even though I like the taste, I just don't bother.  It's not like it was actual food or anything.

Oh yeah, I saw that show a few times, I enjoyed it. But it was so late at night that it never became a habit; I'd quite forgotten it.

I'm not watching any news for a few days at least.  I am positively bone-weary of hearing about the coronavirus; it's actually starting to make me angry as more and more regulations are being put in place and more activities are being prohibited.  I'm recognizing the beginnings of compassion fatigue creeping in.  Once that happens I know it's time for a break.

giphy.gif

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

I am positively bone-weary of hearing about the coronavirus; it's actually starting to make me angry as more and more regulations are being put in place and more activities are being prohibited.  I'm recognizing the beginnings of compassion fatigue creeping in.

Yeah, I have a pretty low give-a-damn threshhold, which is why I hardly ever watch or read the news.  All I generally need to know is the headlines, and it's pretty hard to avoid seeing those.  In this era of the sound bite, the rest is largely blather anyhow.

Analogously, I know some vegetarians who will watch every new video that documents the horrors of meat, but I don't see the point.  I know I'm gonna be in basic agreement with their conclusions anyhow, so why subject myself to the (literally) gory details?

If I'm curious about certain details (of any topic), I just search the internet.  Right now I have the Indiana executive orders main page bookmarked so I can check it every few days for new stuff.

• Like 1

Guys, I'm getting so much writing done!  I've been working on this particular story piecemeal for yeeears, and in the last few weeks I've almost quadrupled my content.  The creative juices are flowing, the story has expanded, and I'm connecting dots that I was struggling to connect before. 

giphy.gif

If this pace keeps up I could have this thing finished by the end of next year (unless it keeps getting bigger).  There are only two problems:

1) I'm barely sleeping because my brain won't quiet down, and
2) My fingers aren't moving fast enough for my ideas. 

I'm trying to go as fast as possible because I know that eventually it'll taper off and things will go back to normal.  But it's exciting to actually feel productive, lol.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Artemis said:

Guys, I'm getting so much writing done!  I've been working on this particular story piecemeal for yeeears, and in the last few weeks I've almost quadrupled my content.  The creative juices are flowing, the story has expanded, and I'm connecting dots that I was struggling to connect before. 

giphy.gif

If this pace keeps up I could have this thing finished by the end of next year (unless it keeps getting bigger).  There are only two problems:

I'm trying to go as fast as possible because I know that eventually it'll taper off and things will go back to normal.  But it's exciting to actually feel productive, lol.

YAYYY!!!!   Whoot whoot, keep it up, girl! Sometimes a little creativity is worth the loss of sleep. 

But don't overdo it. :P 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

But don't overdo it. :P 

I am definitely overdoing it, lol.  My creativity spikes when I go to bed (always been the case), so every time I lay down I think of something else I want to write down.  Under normal circumstances I'd usually just put it out of mind so I can get to sleep, but some of my most perfectly-written scenes have been lost that way, so I haven't wanted to take the chance.  It's becoming a problem, I need to do something about it, lol.  I got about 3 hours of very shoddy sleep today.

I've always been somewhat imaginative but I don't think I've ever been quite this actively creative before.  It's like a new superpower that I have to learn how to control, lol.  Is this what you artists have been suffering with all this time?  :P

My favorite thing about the movie "The Man Who Invented Christmas" is that it's such an interesting and accurate look into the creative writing process.  I find I'm relating to it even more now, such as by inwardly conversing with my characters, lol.

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o1_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o2_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o3_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o4_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o5_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o6_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o7_540.gifv

tumblr_pix41vUr4s1wgepv8o8_540.gifv

[Link]

6 hours ago, Artemis said:

I've always been somewhat imaginative but I don't think I've ever been quite this actively creative before.  It's like a new superpower that I have to learn how to control, lol.  Is this what you artists have been suffering with all this time?  :P

Hadn't quite thought about it that way before! :D But I recognize what you're describing, so maybe yeah. I admit I haven't felt that way myself in quite awhile, makes me realize I need to make some changes. After I get some more sleep, though. ;) 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 2:47 AM, Artemis said:

I'm doing the same thing. I'm about 18,000 words or so from finishing a children's book I've been working on for a little over a year. I'll finish the first draft, set it aside for a couple of weeks and then go through the next draft. I hope to have it published before the end of the year.

I'm also working on an urban-fantasy-horror novel aimed at adults. I'm writing this into notebooks rather than on my computer. At least it's keeping me busy even if nothing comes of it.

2abinma.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sheerluck said:

I'm about 18,000 words or so from finishing a children's book....

If you're nearly done with only 18,000 words to go, it's clearly not one of those kiddie books printed on heavy pasteboard!  What's it about, and who's your target audience?  Might be something I'd enjoy.

1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

If you're nearly done with only 18,000 words to go, it's clearly not one of those kiddie books printed on heavy pasteboard!  What's it about, and who's your target audience?  Might be something I'd enjoy.

It's a fantasy novel aimed at kids 8 - 12. It starts out fairly light but moves into some darker, scarier scenes. It's difficult not to take it too far. Think a cross between The Graveyard Book and Oliver Twist but set in modern times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I was thinking the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

A weird amalgam of sad, anxious, and combative.

890884_original.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif