GIF Your Mood

Pseudonym

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 1:47 AM, Artemis said:

Guys, I'm getting so much writing done!  [...]  I'm trying to go as fast as possible because I know that eventually it'll taper off and things will go back to normal.

^ So the day after I posted this, I decided to force myself to get some decent sleep... and then I lost my momentum.  I've hardly written a word since then.

It was nice while it lasted.  :( 

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

I decided to force myself to get some decent sleep... and then I lost my momentum.  I've hardly written a word since then.

It was nice while it lasted.  :( 

Sleep is nice too!  :smile:

Not when you have nightmares and a lumpy mattress that leaves you sore when you wake up.  :P  

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

Not when you have nightmares and a lumpy mattress that leaves you sore when you wake up.

Oh, not good!  Do you have a couch that's any better?  Or sometimes it helps to use either just the mattress (on the floor) or just the box spring (with a blanket or two on top, folded in half, and the sheet over that).

(No idea what to suggest for the nightmares.  :(  )

4 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Do you have a couch that's any better?

The couch is even worse, lol.

4 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Or sometimes it helps to use either just the mattress (on the floor) or just the box spring (with a blanket or two on top, folded in half, and the sheet over that).

Thanks, I might try that.  I don't know what else to do.  :( 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The house across the street is being remodeled with new siding and roofing.  They've been working on it every day, all day, for weeks.  It goes something like this:

"BANG BANG BANG BANG.  BANG BANG.  BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.  CLATTERCLATTER.  SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECHYDRILLSOUNDEEEEEAAAAAEEEEEE.  BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG."

All. Day. Long.

And then there are lawn mowers and weed whackers going all day besides.  It's constant.  On garbage day the trucks run from 6 in the morning to noon, and with everything else added to it I'm ready to scream "SHUUUUT UUUUP" clear across the neighborhood.  I've lived in some rowdy neighborhoods, but this is the loudest one.  It's driving me nuts, and yet another reason to hate summer.  It's so flippin' noisy.  I have the worst headache.

tenor.gif

Instead of Christmas, I'm going to steal everyone's tools and appliances.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, Caya said:

Okay, so there are several methods to do this, but all of them involve that you a] have the picture present on the internet somewhere else (the process is called hotlinking) and b] know its exact address.

For a], that doesn't mean that *you* needed to have uploaded that pic in the first place, but it does mean that it has to be on a site that is okay with hotlinking (also, if it's not yours, check if it's under creative commons or otherwise free to use). That is generally the case with dedicated hosting platforms like imgur, and works for pictures on tumblr as well. Anywhere else, check first, or when in doubt upload a duplicate on an image hosting site yourself.

For b], hosting sites sometimes provide that address of their own volition, see the following example:

Jypmnb8.png

What you'd want here is either Direct Link or BBCode (more on that later). Generally, you get the address by right-clicking on the picture in question, then choosing (depending on browser used) something that states "copy graphics address" or similar (sorry, German browser here, I can only guess how exactly yours calls it). If you don't find something like that, choose something that sounds like "show picture" or such, then copy the address from the browser (it should now show up where you usually type in a website's address). When you have some string copied that ends in a graphics format (like .jpg or .gif), you know you've done it right.

So, onward to c], actually making the thing show up here. The easiest way is just to copy the address from above into the text window here, the forum is intelligent enough to understand what you want from it. However, that'll show a shrunk version of the picture, and only clicking on it will show the full size. Depending on the pic, that might not be ideal. If you want it to be displayed full-sized, you need to use BBCode (promised that'd come up again, didn't I). Look at that pic above again and notice how there's a so-called tag in front of the address, the stuff with the brackets around it. This is forumspeak for "picture to follow", and doing the same, only with a / before the img, says "picture stops here". But again, just copying in the address works perfectly fine, so don't bother with BBCode if you don't feel like it. :smile:

eta: forgot that the "Insert other media", then "Insert image from URL" route works as well. In that case, though, it's just pasting the address there instead of here.

In other words, a GIF is merely another type of image, so it gets dealt with the same as a JPEG or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Just tired?  Or life got you down?

Both, but more of the latter.  Feeling defeated.  Also sick of everyone/everything.

Just being physically tired can have that effect on me.  Hang in there, and take care of yourself.

If you'd like to talk, please feel free to PM me.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Are you the cat or the kid?

Normally I'm the kid.  Last night I was the cat and the forum was the kid.  :P